Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2010, 11:30   #91
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car!

I faced starter motor issues with my Xeta too. But first day? it is very bad from Tata Motor's side.

From my experience with the Xeta (also a Tata petrol car), here are my suggestions:
1. When you give the car for service, stick to the Tata owned centers like Concorde - they have more knowledge of the cars than the other authorized centers.

2. When giving for service or any minor glitch (not service), try to stay there and get the work done rather than giving the car and coming back. I usually use up my casual leaves for this purpose .

3. In case of any glitch, try to talk to the mechanic and not just the service advisor. Mechanics will be wearing the full blue uniform and he is the guy who calls the shots. Service advisor is a dummy who doesnt know anything. Be polite to the mechanic, explain that you are taking the car on long drives (even if you are not), and request him to make it "pucca". Make him feel important and use all Dale Carnegie's techniques to make friends with him. Maybe you can even slip 100 rupees to him if needed (though I never had to do this).

4. IMPORTANT: If you need to shout, shout at the service advisor or service manager but not at the mechanic. If you tick the mechanic the wrong way, he may not bother to fix or service the car properly. Trust me, no one is going to fire him because you are unhappy - he is the "knowledge hub" of the service center especially if he is one of the senior guys.

5. In case of any glictches, ask for the service advisor what exactly is the problem, what exactly they are doing to fix it, and post it here on team-bhp and correlate. Dont believe whatever the service advisor tells you. When you talk to him, your questions will show that you know about cars and that they cannot give you some BS which they give other customers.

Not to scare you... but I want you to be prepared for the ownership experience . In all probability, Manza is a much improved car compared to older Indicas and Indigos, so you may not need all these tactics... but just in case!
Old 12th May 2010, 11:03   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Congrats on the new car!

Not to scare you... but I want you to be prepared for the ownership experience . In all probability, Manza is a much improved car compared to older Indicas and Indigos, so you may not need all these tactics... but just in case!
Rajushank84, Thanks for the information. Will surely keep that in mind. As you may have read in my posts, that the owner of the tata showroom is my classmate. So I think my service related problems may get reduced drastically. But the starter motor problem on the day of delivery was really a big scare.
Old 12th May 2010, 11:37   #93
BANNED

Actually I have opposite opinion after getting my Manza thru 6 month service.
All issues fixed and total service cost was 110 Rs which included replacing few items free of cost (covered under warranty). Will share details / experience soon.

Vijay
Old 13th May 2010, 10:23   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Actually I have opposite opinion after getting my Manza thru 6 month service.
All issues fixed and total service cost was 110 Rs which included replacing few items free of cost (covered under warranty). Will share details / experience soon.

Vijay
The feelings mutual Vjay. Its been a pretty good experience with the customer service of the Tata's.
Old 13th May 2010, 16:23   #95
BHPian

@rite2shree:
How would you rate the road noise (from tires) inside the cabin when compared to other cars in its class? I am very particular about being able to pay attention to the music. Is it like you have to turn up the volume? How about the road noise on somewhat rough roads? Thanks!!
Old 14th May 2010, 12:01   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
@rite2shree:
How would you rate the road noise (from tires) inside the cabin when compared to other cars in its class? I am very particular about being able to pay attention to the music. Is it like you have to turn up the volume? How about the road noise on somewhat rough roads? Thanks!!
Hi Bansal98, I drive with all the windows rolled up. The noise level inside is very low (petrol) but once you roll down the windows its not so quiet .. And Yes, the sound proofing is on-par with the best (personal opinion).
Old 14th May 2010, 12:13   #97
BHPian

Shree, with windows rolled up, how is the noise levels from engine when you accelerate hard / rev up.

I remember reading GTO's review on Punto 1.4 (same safire engine), where it was mentioned the engine makes typical 'italian' roar at high revs, which might be pleasing to enthusiasts, but not so for family-types.

Last edited by WindRide : 14th May 2010 at 12:15.
Old 17th May 2010, 09:25   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Shree, with windows rolled up, how is the noise levels from engine when you accelerate hard / rev up.

I remember reading GTO's review on Punto 1.4 (same safire engine), where it was mentioned the engine makes typical 'italian' roar at high revs, which might be pleasing to enthusiasts, but not so for family-types.
When the windows have been rolled up, you really don't hear much. Its when you roll them down and drive with high revs, it sounds like an Italian beauty.
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:48   #99
Senior - BHPian

Lo Shree! What updates on the Manza, how much has she done now? Any issues cropped up? And how's the A.S.S, so far (even if we ignore the fact that it is your friend's centre)?

When you say the gears need to be worked to perform, does that mean staying in gear longer or just staying within a specific rpm band? And how's the torque (for a petrol), example when pulling up a steep (25Deg) incline with 4-5 people on board, in 1st. Does one have to slip the clutch or get a good run-up or does she just pull up, given sufficient revs?

Sorry bout all the questions. Doing a bit of research, so please excuse

Last edited by VeluM : 3rd August 2010 at 17:49. Reason: .
Old 8th August 2010, 19:01   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rite2shree View Post
Does a car cover really help? Since putting it on and removing it may cause the settled dust to scratch the surface.
Any suggestions?
sorry for responding late. car cover doesnt help in my case. i hire a person to wash the car daily for about 300 to 350 bucks a month. its the best your car can get. its like a baby, one has to take care to maintain it well.

besides that i have one query on the clutch, i have observed that the manza's clutch is very smooth while sitting inside it in the showroom. however, i also noticed vjoy saying his clutch was hard. since the clutch causes driving headaches (or must i say footaches) i would like to clearly know whether its so much of an issue. also does your leg come up along with the clutch on release (does your foot go off the ground?) perhaps some photos on this would be better to understand if possible.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks