Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2009, 21:14   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Adzegeek, Open one of the four doors in the front and try closing the rear door, should close with ease. my 2 cents.
Exact same explanation was given to me by the service advisor, It works.
Old 16th December 2009, 21:39   #77
BHPian

Documentation Disasters...

Your travails with official documentation continue.

Your Ute has officially changed

It went from "Mhawk VLX 4WD 7 seater"
to "MHawk VLX 8 seater". Amazingly the MHawk Cubic capacity has increased from 2179 cc to 2609 cc.

This is as per the insurance policy final note received in snail mail today.

There is good news though - having burnt your hands with an unfortunate accident involving loads of sand and burnt out brakes in the past in not so cool country, this time you notice that there is nothing in Insurance policy limitations which state "cannot take it off the road". Usual exclusions of hire/ goods carraige/ drag racing/ pacemaking (whats that?)/ speed testing and reliability trials apply.

You call the Mahindra chap directly to plead and threaten (alternatively and with empty threats) to get the Mhawk 4wd approved with RTO in AP. He says he will get back - and doesnt - seems like some Hyd trait (more on this on some other thread some other time).

If temp registration is so much trouble god knows what lies in store for actual registration.

Your dealer is looping you - in Bangy people get extended warranty in 2 days - here dealer says a month.
whats going on? Need to find out - but no time on hand.
Old 16th December 2009, 21:45   #78
BHPian

Hi Ranga,
I will upload photos over the weekend as camera are not working.

Hey - you like chrome grill - how 'bout an exchange ? Dont mind doing a trip down to Bangalore for this sometime early next year.

This stuff is available with all M&M dealers I guess, Varghuz has it all over his black mhawk in Bangalore.

Cheers
Old 16th December 2009, 21:48   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post

I may have to do some pleading with the dealer to get the deal going - all folks who like Chrome (read politicians) will not bother for a nice deal on an exchange offer.
Try trading your vote(and your families) to the politicians for the coming elections, that may do the trick
Old 16th December 2009, 21:53   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Exact same explanation was given to me by the service advisor, It works.
I dont know whether this is an explanation or workaround - but it does work for me.
Old 17th December 2009, 02:44   #81
BHPian

there will be no need to open any other door in my method =)
Old 17th December 2009, 08:51   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know whether this is an explanation or workaround - but it does work for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
there will be no need to open any other door in my method =)
Rajesh, consider this to be an explanation rather than a workaround.
Here's how/why it happens:
The door gaskets and overall 'air tightness' of the cabin is of a very high order.
If you try shutting any door you will be tending to compress the air inside the cabin. It acts as a sort of air-spring which will make the door 'bounce' back.
This effect is most noticeable with the tail gate, being the largest one in area and tending to push in the maximum volume of air into the cabin while shutting.
Best way to shut it is like Off Roadie has mentioned - keep the pressure on till the door is fully home and shut.

The day you find you can shut the tailgate very easily by sending it homewards with a shove you have reason to believe that some gasket or plug has lost it's integrity!
On my Scorpio this behaviour has stayed the same even after three plus years! Very good, indeed!
Old 17th December 2009, 10:29   #83
BHPian

as always, crystal clear - anup.

I guess Rohan's method works because he tends to reduce the volume of air pushed in to minimum. I like this method more than keeping door/window open.

BTW, why does it not happen with TLC or Prado or Touareg - arent they airtight enough?
Old 17th December 2009, 10:57   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as always, crystal clear - anup.

I guess Rohan's method works because he tends to reduce the volume of air pushed in to minimum. I like this method more than keeping door/window open.

BTW, why does it not happen with TLC or Prado or Touareg - arent they airtight enough?
this is what even i have wondered! but then i have compared the scorpio to the innova & safari.

i have noticed that outside noise is really low in a scorpio's cabin as compared to the innova & safari. this COULD BE one of the reasons.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:02   #85
BHPian

"Varghuz has it all over his black mhawk in Bangalore. "

Varghuz !!!!

Whats next ?? Vargooose ??

Raghu...
Old 17th December 2009, 11:47   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraghuz View Post
"Varghuz !!!!
Whats next ?? Vargooose ??
Raghu...
Too much coding on an IDE w/auto-correction and type-aheads leaves me a complete miscast at social writing.
Old 17th December 2009, 11:58   #87
BHPian

Adzegeek, Congrats on the new buy. Loved the way you explained all the events. brought about an avalance of laugh on my face, just to see my boss moving around curiously around me with raised eye brows
Old 17th December 2009, 12:02   #88
BHPian

help/ Raj

Raj, you have white scorp and hopefully similar interiors as mine. W wants to put in leather seat covers to make it easier to handle the Kids' spills/drool and droppings. Have you got any pictures of your interiors or any particular scorp's interiors with leathers that you liked?

Stanley guy came with many options and not sure whether I am getting the colour right.

Dont want to do boring grey/biege/more garish butterscotch -so wondering what have others done with white. Didnt see many interiors on the Scorp SUV thread.

Also, if the cabin is so airtight I assume water doesnt come in that easily when you do what that scorp did here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...t-img_0429.jpg
(assuming air intake and exhaust suitably changed)

Raghu - so easy for you to pick your leathers.
Old 17th December 2009, 12:08   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
this is what even i have wondered! but then i have compared the scorpio to the innova & safari.

i have noticed that outside noise is really low in a scorpio's cabin as compared to the innova & safari. this COULD BE one of the reasons.
Maybe compared to the innova or safari. But its horrible compared to the Fiat's. Insulation could have been a LOT better.

Quote:
Raj, you have white scorp and hopefully similar interiors as mine. W wants to put in leather seat covers to make it easier to handle the Kids' spills/drool and droppings. Have you got any pictures of your interiors or any particular scorp's interiors with leathers that you liked?

Stanley guy came with many options and not sure whether I am getting the colour right.

Dont want to do boring grey/biege/more garish butterscotch -so wondering what have others done with white. Didnt see many interiors on the Scorp SUV thread.

Also, if the cabin is so airtight I assume water doesnt come in that easily when you do what that scorp did here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...t-img_0429.jpg
(assuming air intake and exhaust suitably changed)

Raghu - so easy for you to pick your leathers.
Camel brown would be fantastic. A bit rusty, suede'ish. Not the dark mind you. The lighter version.

Will respond to your PM on the ICE thingy. But am thinking you have a lot more money to spare :-)
Old 17th December 2009, 12:21   #90
Senior - BHPian

@ All Scorp Owners: What is teh difference between Ac Lo and Hi switch?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks