Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2010, 00:38   #76
BHPian

I think you are talking about the diesel version. I own the petrol variant. But I have made it upto 110kmph on TVM highways. Roads are too curvy to go beyond that The experience was pretty smooth though as far as I have known.
Old 12th September 2010, 14:29   #77
NGM
BHPian

I have also tried the 110-120 kmph in tvm highways,but have to back off due to condition of the roads.Me too owns a petrol variant and yet to try out the diesel. Basically i kind of agree that high speed is not one of the strength's of Corolla Altis.
Old 15th September 2010, 23:54   #78
NGM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocreative View Post
Not sure about the Cochin center... never been there. Sorry.

I will let you decide after your experience with them. The service reps are humble once they are with you, but they attend 10 calls in between and run around all around the campus while trying to have a conversation with you. Its annoying. You feel you are in a market. Noisy and definitely does not give you a 14Lakh car center experience.

Even Chevrolet offered pickup service for my Aveo. It was cool and never had any complaints with them. Toyota service people is just plain out disappointing.

Again, I could console myself that I am seeing the wrong side of the coin and there could be a better side once all this is over, but I wonder when that day will come.

I still haven't sent their customer satisfaction form, because I am just not satisfied with whatever they have done.
Jo,Did the service for my Altis at 14000 Km and got a good news from the service center that i have to replace all brake pads.Was really surprised to replace it after 14K and the funny thing was that they were trying to convince me by saying that they have even replaced the brake pads for an altis after running 7000Km.Really a good thing for the toyota to be proud of
Also cost of Spare parts for altis is very high compared to the older corolla version.Now you have spend 14000 Rs for the brake pads instead of around Rs 8000 for the older corolla.Cost of ownership guys!!!!
Similar to not using the side view mirror,am planning to avoid using the brakes to avoid frequent replacement
Old 17th September 2010, 21:03   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGM View Post
Jo,Did the service for my Altis at 14000 Km and got a good news from the service center that i have to replace all brake pads.Was really surprised to replace it after 14K and the funny thing was that they were trying to convince me by saying that they have even replaced the brake pads for an altis after running 7000Km.Really a good thing for the toyota to be proud of
Also cost of Spare parts for altis is very high compared to the older corolla version.Now you have spend 14000 Rs for the brake pads instead of around Rs 8000 for the older corolla.Cost of ownership guys!!!!
Similar to not using the side view mirror,am planning to avoid using the brakes to avoid frequent replacement

NGM, sorry to hear that you had a wierd time with them too. I will be going in sometime this weekend to yell at them for giving me a defective stereo system. The random junk characters is showing up frequently. Hope they take care of it.

They are seriously making me regret my decision of going for a Toyota. Maybe I should just get all the issues fixed and sell it to someone who values Toyota more than I do
Old 14th November 2010, 11:05   #80
BHPian

jocreative, read about your issues with your Altis.
Have you tried contacting Toyota India directly. It does not hurt to send them an email or fax directly stating your experiences, problems and expectations from the Toyota brand.
Here is a link to the contact page
Toyota - Contactus

You ought to write to them how your car is still under warranty and the defective stereo system should be replaced as its not performing properly, irrespective of error codes or no error codes. Same regarding the faulty display meter. You may also attach pictures of the garbled display and maybe pics of how there is fuel in the car but distance shows 0. If they say to contact your local dealer, you can mention that you are not satisfied by the reponse given by the local dealer and you expect better quality service from them. Last of all, a notice from a local advocate (local consumer forum ) regarding defecieny in service from Toyoya and the local dealer usually takes care of most probs.

I can understand that most of this can be time consuming and frustrating, but you have rights as a consumer and it is upto you to stand up for your rights.

No harm in trying. Good luck.

Last edited by ackyash : 14th November 2010 at 11:08. Reason: added data
Old 14th November 2010, 22:05   #81
BHPian

Hi jocreative,

My Altis is around 2 years old now and has done about 46K Kms with almost Zero issues reported till now,

The car has been a beauty with brains to own and with the Toyota Smiles package, guess my spendings in last 2 years has been Zero as well

The only Defect that had come up was in its Infancy where the car was recalled and its front Drivers side Suspension was replaced, Other than that It has never missed a beat or done anything to raise my eyebrows.

Perhaps, It is one of the most underrated cars but believe me, it still is a champ performer, It has constantly given me 14+ kmpl with 100% AC and some enthusiastic driving as well. It still runs on stock tires but now I believe they have started biting the bullet for a change (probably 10K more).

I am sure if you write to Toyota, you would get all your worries removed and wont face any such issues with your ICE/car itself.
Old 18th November 2010, 00:30   #82
BHPian

Hello ackyash and Thank you for the suggestion and wonder why I did not think about that earlier. I am going to do just the same and see if I get any response from them that would fair my case.
I just dont want to go to the center any more because its just too annoying. Its like 25kms from the place I live, and once I get there most of the Service Rep's throws a magic act "now you see me and now you dont"! I just dont feel like a privileged owner at that place. Might as well go into a Truck workshop and get a little more respect.

Hello shantanumishra, and glad to know you are having a great experience with your Altis, and I would say so is every other owner, but I just dont feel like the car is liking me back as much as I like the car. My mileage is only a little shy below 9.5kmpl. I dont know why it is that way. One of the main reason I feel is, at the time of delivery the mileage showed up on the MID as 7KMPL but I just ignored it as some new-car math error or maybe the car was left idle for too long that it just consumed alot of petrol. Who knows! I had to travel 1000KMs to bring it up to 10.4KMPL but thats as far as the KMPL went and now I am over 7000KMs and still the average shows 9.3KMPL only. I ride mostly city and occassional long drives once a month.

My issues with the Stereo system are still not resolved becuase of the above reasons and busy with my business. In 8 years of driving I have never had to turn off my stereo for any reason whatsoever, but on this car I just leave it turned off and it looks pathetic just because I know I cannot trust it anymore.

Let me see if the letter to Toyota is going to bring any results. Most likely the service people are going to say that they dont "see" a problem or error codes so they cannot do anything.

The only consolation I have is the look of the car with my projector angel eyes headlight. Its a breath taker for me, but ends after I step inside the car.

Time has passed away and this december it will be completing 1 Year. Overall, still not that pleased with the car for what its worth.
Old 18th November 2010, 11:47   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Hi jocreative,

My Altis is around 2 years old now and has done about 46K Kms with almost Zero issues reported till now,

The car has been a beauty with brains to own and with the Toyota Smiles package, guess my spendings in last 2 years has been Zero as well

The only Defect that had come up was in its Infancy where the car was recalled and its front Drivers side Suspension was replaced, Other than that It has never missed a beat or done anything to raise my eyebrows.

Perhaps, It is one of the most underrated cars but believe me, it still is a champ performer, It has constantly given me 14+ kmpl with 100% AC and some enthusiastic driving as well. It still runs on stock tires but now I believe they have started biting the bullet for a change (probably 10K more).

I am sure if you write to Toyota, you would get all your worries removed and wont face any such issues with your ICE/car itself.
My Altis gives ~9-10 kmpl with sedate driving, I wonder what i'm doing wrong to be deprived of the awsome mileage you claim to be getting...

Are you really sure you are talking about normal 'city' driving (and the car has not been tuned for max FE)?
Old 18th November 2010, 12:35   #84
BHPian

I would be curious too Puneet. The dealers did give me a 14kmpl guaranteed certificate at the time of purchase, and they themselves did not have much faith in it considering our road conditions.
If you are highways with good flat roads, maybe you can expect better mileage. Otherwise 9-9.5 seems to be the fair realistic range. Its not bad. Just wish it does not go any lower
Old 18th November 2010, 12:59   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My mileage is only a little shy below 9.5kmpl. I dont know why it is that way. One of the main reason I feel is, at the time of delivery the mileage showed up on the MID as 7KMPL but I just ignored it as some new-car math error or maybe the car was left idle for too long that it just consumed alot of petrol. Who knows! I had to travel 1000KMs to bring it up to 10.4KMPL but thats as far as the KMPL went and now I am over 7000KMs and still the average shows 9.3KMPL only. I ride mostly city and occassional long drives once a month
I hope you know you can reset the average calculator. Once reset it will calculate the average from then on.

You can reset the distance to empty to recalculate and the total travel time.

9.5kmpl average per tank is fine for city drive. Last week my average was 6.9kmpl. Heavy bumper to bumper traffic, some spirited sunday driving and a dyno test.

I just reset it after that and it's back to 9.6kmpl since then.
Old 18th November 2010, 18:55   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

My Oct 2008 Altis gives a mileage of 10 to 11.5 kmpl with AC on in city depending on traffic conditions. Pune's traffic is not as bad as BLR.Highway mileage is between 14 to 15 with AC on.

On my recent long distance trip that I returned from on Tuesday 16/11, the car gave 14.3 kmpl with AC on and 4 passengers including driver (me) and a boot full of luggage. Cruising speeds on the GQ varied between 120 - 130 with one or two short bursts to 160 kmph. Average speed according to the MID was 77 kmph. Overtaking traffic including other cars was accomplished mostly in 5th gear and a firm nudge on the gas pedal. I downshifted to 4th only if the speeds was below 70 kmph. I love this car's torque. Must say the Michelin PLCs made a big difference to the ride with Shell Helix Ultra keeping the engine purring.

Cheers!

Last edited by R2D2 : 18th November 2010 at 18:56.
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:57   #87
BHPian

Hello vid, No I did not know that. How do we reset the average mileage meter?

Good to hear that everyones getting a good gas mileage on the highway. Wish I can get over my worries soon.
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:50   #88
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello vid, No I did not know that. How do we reset the average mileage meter?

Good to hear that everyones getting a good gas mileage on the highway. Wish I can get over my worries soon.
Just keep pressing the DISP button till you see the average display on the screen. When the screen shows the average keep the DISP button pressed for a few seconds. The average will reset to zero and will start calculating from that point on.

You can do the same for total travel time and reset it. It's useful cause it will tell you total time you traveled on a particular journey minus the stops.
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:52   #89
BHPian

Hey vid, thanks for the tip. I have to definitely check that out.

After reset, will the avg meter jump straight back to 9.X KMPL or will it progress from 0 ?
Old 24th November 2010, 00:05   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hey vid, thanks for the tip. I have to definitely check that out.

After reset, will the avg meter jump straight back to 9.X KMPL or will it progress from 0 ?
It goes to 0.0kmpl once you reset. From 0 it will work like instant display till you add on a few kms. If you reset it and get stuck in traffic it will show lower numbers so don't be worried. If you reset it and take it on an empty road you'll see great figures.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks