Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2009, 13:49   #1
BHPian

Sparkling new Black Toyota Corolla Altis

Wasap TBHPians!
I just got my new Corolla Altis yesterday and I should say this - I am just one proud Corolla Owner
The funny thing is, I never even thought of buying the Corolla Altis a month back. I was all hooked up on the Civic, but due to some circumstances I could not get that.

But I have to tell ya, my initial reviews on the corolla TD was not so good. I felt the brakes were toe-touch sensitive, and I had a really jerky ride, and I felt that the cabin space was a bit to tight for a 13L car.

I got to hand it to the Corolla Executive though. Even after totally dumping him directly on his face saying "Not interested, going for a Civic", he still kept on calling week after week. I was hooked on Black color this time for whatever new car I was going to get. He said that its tough or even not possible to get a Corolla in Black so much that even the brochure did not display a car in black!! How crazy is that! 2 weeks later he calls saying that there is a black available and can be delivered soon. This guy just doesnt give up and ultimately it worked out for him

And gooolly...it was difficult to find any Black altis pictures online. Even TBHP had only one post with the Black Altis and I really couldnt even force myself to fall in love with the looks from those pics. We still decided to go for it no matter what. The car arrived 2 days later from Bangalore, and I saw it in their stock field. It was all dusty and looking wierd. I took a gulp and said...what did I get myself into!

Well that dint last long though. Yesterday I took delivery of the car, and it was sparkling HOT! They gave me a rundown of the features, and when i sat in the passenger seat, I felt the cabin had enough and more space! And my drive back home the brakes felt perfect! I guess it was just something wrong with the TD vehicle.
The delivery did not take much time at all. The guy told me to come down by 6pm and I did. 10-30mins signing all the other papers and invoices, and everything was good to go. I did all the inspecting, and other than the sunfilm having a few bubbles (which they said it will go later on when it dries up with heat), everything was just gravy!

Extras done - Front Anti-Glare Film, Side and Rear 50% Black Film, Rear Parking Sensors with 3.5" LCD screen (and annoying lady voice overs), Side Bumper Guards.

My wife and I was so glad we bought this car. She pulled back her seat and slept all the way. It was that comfortable! I wished the drive back home never ended! We were excited like 2 little kids getting a fancy robot toy! Ha! By the time we reached home, it was dark, so we couldnt get any pictures taken. And guess what... This was one of the nights where I would easily jump into bed early and its not for you know what! Woke up early and took her for a drive to get the number plates done.
Came back home and took some pics.

I was thinking of getting the Alloys and Headlights changed but I think I am going to enjoy the stock look for a little while!

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Sparkling new Black Toyota Corolla Altis-dsc02370.jpg  

Sparkling new Black Toyota Corolla Altis-dsc02383.jpg  

Sparkling new Black Toyota Corolla Altis-dsc02384.jpg  

Sparkling new Black Toyota Corolla Altis-dsc02388.jpg  

Sparkling new Black Toyota Corolla Altis-dsc02381.jpg  

Sparkling new Black Toyota Corolla Altis-dsc02385.jpg  

Last edited by jocreative : 18th December 2009 at 13:54.
jocreative is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2009, 13:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mate !!

Let me be the first to wish you on your new buy.Looks beautiful and Wish you many happy miles ahead with this beauty !!!
Old 18th December 2009, 14:07   #3
BHPian

B...E...A....Utiful!! Excellent choice of colour for a smashing car. Wish you a fun filled time with your new love. - By the way what about your old love aka Aveo. I still see it in the background. Have you shelved the plans of selling it off.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:14   #4
BHPian

Thanks StanJohn123.

And thanks isldhn. Yep thats my aveo in the background. Its sold and will be picked up in a few days.
Even after just one drive in the Altis, I could clearly see the difference in drive and feel when I was back in the AVEO. I guess thats the corolla Impact! Totally satisfied and glad I upgraded my car
Old 18th December 2009, 14:21   #5
BHPian

Congrats.
I am sure, you wil like it everytime. I got one this year on Jan 1st.
Enjoy!!!
Old 18th December 2009, 14:28   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats mate!

The black altis looks very good. Nice car there!

Pls post some of the interior pics as well.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

It looks really nice. With that shiny finish, it looks like its hiding its shape!
Would love to see the interior. What was the on-road price?
Old 18th December 2009, 14:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

firstly, car looks smashing in this shade.Congratulations on your purchase.Even my friend who was planning to buy a verna,sx4 ended up buying base model of Corolla Altis.Its a no nonsense car and you would surely enjoy your company with her.Enjoy your ride.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm like a Night Rider car.Black tone is very suitable for this car
This retro look is very cool and every day i blink on a Silver Corolla in our office parking before i leave my Silver Streak there.
Post some interior photos and total price including accessories
Enjoy and Drive Safe

Last edited by aks_karthik : 18th December 2009 at 14:43.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:54   #10
BHPian

congragulations jocreative on your new toy. Looks fabulous. I have never seen a black Altis. Front on it makes me feel like a stealth vehicle.
Old 18th December 2009, 14:58   #11
Team-BHP Support

Welcome to the black Altis club.

Hope you had a look at my thread to see how the black looks.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...se-woohoo.html
Old 18th December 2009, 15:01   #12
BHPian

Wow.. Never thought that the Corolla would look this good in balck. Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy miles and miles with the new ride. Do post some interior pics as well.

Vid, no offneses please, I feel that the Black Corolla looks much better without the front number plates.

Last edited by basilmabraham : 18th December 2009 at 15:03.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your Altis. Somehow the black colour seems to provide a camryish look to your Corolla. Nice choice. You can't go wrong with a Toyota !
Old 18th December 2009, 15:07   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Vid, no offneses please, I feel that the Black Corolla looks much better without the front number plates.
lol. No offence taken but what can one do. You do have to put the number plate on the front even if it doesn't look good.
Old 18th December 2009, 15:09   #15
BHPian

Thanks mrkantikar, nkrishnap, srishiva, vijaythacker and aks_karthik.

We definitly love every minute with the car. So much that now my wife has another reason on being jealous! Gives me a stare everytime I go out the door with a telepathic message saying- you are going for a drive AGAIN without me!! ARRR!! Hillarious.

The onroad price was Rs 13.17 lakhs. Got a 37K discount on Insurance. I spent around 13.5k on the sun film and accessories, so over all around Rs 13.3 lakhs.

Breakdown on Accessories - (rough prices, dont have the bill near me now and lazy cough cough )
Front Anti-Glare Film - Rs 3000
Side and Rear 50% Black Film = Rs 2950
Rear Parking Sensors with 3.5" LCD screen = Rs 3850
Side Bumper Guards = Rs 1800
Toyota Beige Floor Mat = Rs1900

Oh its a 1.8GL. Sorry forgot to mention that. The sound system is pretty good too. Change a few settings and you can get a really good thump out of the beats.

@aks_karthik - Ha yeh I guess any chap who purchases a black car dreams of getting it as close to a Knight Rider. Get some roaming Red LEDs under the trunk and all set!

I didnt like any other color on the corolla though other than maybe Super White. The main reason being the dark line on the front bonnet which ruins its appearance. I dont know if anyone else finds it annoying, but most of the other cars have the bonnet line near the logo grill area and is hardly visible, but this one has one big black line running through the front of the car, and it destroys the look for all the lighter color cars. Just my opinion though. So went for black because everythings in black! Hehe.

Yep I will post some interior pics soon.

Most Viewed