Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2010, 23:44   #286
BHPian

Update: The Scorpio is in Chandigarh today at Mahindra Regional office, and most probably start it journey toward Nagpur tomorrow.

I am hoping to get it by Monday/Tuesday at Nagpur.

-Pramod
Old 1st July 2010, 23:49   #287
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Update: The Scorpio is in Chandigarh today at Mahindra Regional office, and most probably start it journey toward Nagpur tomorrow.

-Pramod
All the best.

Hope you complete your planned trip.

Do it ,. provided you are sure of it not troubling you again
Old 2nd July 2010, 01:39   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The oil dried up? What was the reason for the transmission to fail after the hose came off?
Hmmm??

AT without oil ?? It gets busted almost immediately - thats what happen to them!
Old 2nd July 2010, 12:13   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post

-Pramod
Driven ? Why dont you ask Mahindra to deliver it to you in a truck ? They do deliver new scorpios in trucks till the dealer the customer has booked the vehicle from.
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:51   #290
Senior - BHPian

Pramod, I wonder if this is in any way connected to your experience -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-stopped.html

Probably not. But I wonder why this sudden decision & what is the relevance of September?
Old 2nd July 2010, 16:16   #291
BHPian

I am not sure, if its true at all, but if this is based on my vehicle incident then definitely they must be changing the hose pipe joint design, that is the weakest link, the design need to change and instead of the plastic clip it need to "nut-bolt" based so it can be tightened properly!!!

-Pramod
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:01   #292
BHPian

Suman, the production was stopped/ temporarily halted well before the issue with pramod's scorpio cropped up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Pramod, I wonder if this is in any way connected to your experience -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-stopped.html

Probably not. But I wonder why this sudden decision & what is the relevance of September?
I have posted some info on the above mentioned thread. Have a look.

@Pramod: Glad the issues with your AT are solved. Hope they are solved once and for all.
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:35   #293
Senior - BHPian

Hehe, willy nilly, we are the guinea pigs for our very own home grown manufacturers!
The ones that matter LEAST to us are our own countrymen; the complete antithesis of the Japanese way of thinking!
The best product has always been reserved for the domestic market in Japan; the US gets the 'second' best!
The Japanese have always believed that THE most discerning customer is the 'local' customer!
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:51   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Hehe, willy nilly, we are the guinea pigs for our very own home grown manufacturers!
The ones that matter LEAST to us are our own countrymen; the complete antithesis of the Japanese way of thinking!
The best product has always been reserved for the domestic market in Japan; the US gets the 'second' best!
The Japanese have always believed that THE most discerning customer is the 'local' customer!
+n to that

My vehicle is a living testimony of testing on the consumer theory. Reason of this attitude from manufacturer's end is becaus eof two thing "Jugaad" & "Chalta Hai "

If only Indians forgot about these two words, we would be a world beating nation
Old 2nd July 2010, 22:51   #295
Senior - BHPian

So it was hose clip I was suspecting this when you wrote about hose coming off , I wrote about this reliability issue on 2.2 VTT thread few days back. I got the PS fluid reservoir hose clips changed in my safari after a minor leak ,the clip with nut bolt just costs 7 rs each , Approximately there will be some 20 - 30 hose clips in whole engine bay so for under 200 Rs they could have made vehicle more reliable.

And this is not just mahindra ; atleast Tata and Maruti also just put the Turbo hose pipe clip with nut and bolt and others like PS reservoier and coolent hose are without the nut.

I wounder how much of savings these companies actually do with so called value engineering or cost reduction. May be a little thicker gauge wiring then absolutely minimal , better hose clips are small examples which can improve quality a lot in less then a QA engineers salary per year.

Last edited by amitk26 : 2nd July 2010 at 22:53.
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:19   #296
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the issue faced by Pramod would have resulted in production stoppage for that long. It could be something else. Fixing a solution for hose pipe wont take that long.
Old 5th July 2010, 16:03   #297
BHPian

I was browsing through few of the last year images of Leh and realized this year there was more snow every where and the weather this year same time was more rough, as both the tour 2009 and 2010 both were down of the same time frame, attached is one as a comparison at K-Top from similar location.
2010 Scorpio Automatic 4x4: Initial Report-2yearktop1.jpg

-Pramod
PS: Last one was done is VLX, this one in VLX AT 4wd
Old 5th July 2010, 17:19   #298
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Pramod: Where's your car? Back with you or still sitting in Chandigarh? Or is it being driven down?
Old 6th July 2010, 09:54   #299
BHPian

Still sitting in Chandigarh, it will be handed over to Mahindra Pune region from Mahindra Chandigarh region, as Nagpur fall in Pune region and a then Pune region will transport it back to Nagpur, may be Bharat Band yesterday might be the reason of not starting yet, I am hopeful for today. The last update I got was on Saturday, that from both Pune and Chandigarh region that handover will happen in Chandigarh and I will get the vehicle this week.

-Pramod
Old 7th July 2010, 09:41   #300
BHPian

First its was Sunday, then Monday "Bharat band", tuesday heavy rain and flooding now the flooding is still there and god knows when it will come to normalcy, and then only Scorpio will start from Chandigarh

-Pramod
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks