Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2010, 18:36   #211
BHPian

Tried to do the touch up myself using the com-paint and made the thing worse, the color fiery black from com-paint, didn't match with the actual paint and for doing this I did use the emmre paper 2000 to rub the surrounding before apply, that created some small patches on the original paints. lastly went to a professional denting and painting shop and told the story, they used the thinner and the com-paint come up like "holy paint" from the vehicle and the scratches that where too small now are visible but the paint and other mismatch is gone, lucky me after 3 days they were still able to remove the com-paint and where to reverse the process, the only thing that is still remaining is the scratch area where I rubbed with emmre paper to get the paint !!!
anyway i am happy to get the original paint and color back, asked the shop to put the clear coat over the rubbed area but they refused to do that, they said to be happy to have very minimum damage on the original paint and leave with the scratch or repaint the whole door, and a nice suggestion don't ever use the ready made paint spray, if at all want to touch n body panel go and get the color matched with computer and get the paint and do the touch with that paint, do these experiment with spray paint only on plastic panels that is on fenders!.

Tried to remove the scratch but now made it more visible!!!

Thanks,
Pramod
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:38   #212
Senior - BHPian

Did you try scratch remover ? Or the paints were peeled off.

I have been always wary of these DIY stuff on the paint etc.

Good that you managed to get it back in decent color.
Old 4th May 2010, 10:13   #213
BHPian

I just hate that white scratch marks on the left door, got a black permanent marker and just filled that white line with black marker, its better than what it looked like a white line on all black door, now you don't see it unless you are too close to the door!!

Better than the touch up paint, at least some thing to cheer about DIY.

-Pramod
Old 7th May 2010, 10:04   #214
BHPian

Plan Leh-Spiti this June

Want to do Leh again this year and this time will include Spiti loop, the basic question is has anyone taken any AT on this terrain and how will the AT perform, what happen if some thing goes wrong, what need to be done to get the AT towed?
Please pore in your thought and suggestion.

-Pramod
Old 7th May 2010, 11:12   #215
Senior - BHPian

I am glued on the answer.

I too am in the wait list to buy 4x4 AT Scorpio and drive to such places, however not sure of the reliability of this machine on such terrains.

When are you planning to make your trip ?
Old 7th May 2010, 11:19   #216
BHPian

I am planning in end of May 2010, I am worried about AT performance in this terrain would like have feedback on the AT and precautions need!!

-Pramod
Old 11th May 2010, 10:35   #217
BHPian

TPMS problem?

Left rear tire was puncture, the TPMS systeme reported and I changed the tire, now in previous VLX you had a manual option to let the system know that you have swapped the tire, here there is no manual option the system will detect that you have swapped the spare tyre and will give you the option to select that, to get this auto option you have to drive on, I have already done 20kms after swapping the tyre and still the TPMS is alerting that my left rear tyre is flat and not detecting that I have swapped the tyre.
Do anyone have any experience with this ? the only option I am left with is to make the TPMS relearn all the tyre by setting the TPMS in learn mode and reduce the 2 PSI from tyres turn by turn so the TPMS will learn which tyre is where.

-Pramod
Old 12th May 2010, 11:38   #218
BHPian

Some how the TPMS didn't detect the swap of the spare tire and finally I have to make the TPMS system relearn after fixing the puncture on the spare tire. I am not sure if this is the case with other owner or no own have experienced any puncture with the newer refresh VLX ?

-Pramod
Old 13th May 2010, 00:26   #219
BHPian

the spare does not have TPMS sensor - from my experience with the puncture. The reading will be stuck to last read. This is what I recall. This is probably also the reason that spare tyre readings are not shown in refresh TPMS monitor on dash.

The manual says something else, all wrong, I think like the 4L light blinking thing.
Old 13th May 2010, 12:11   #220
BHPian

The spare tire is also managed by TPMS, while recalibrating TPMS for each tire I have to do set the spare tire, the light for spare tire blinks in the center of the lower part something like this "|_|_()_|_|" where the bracket part is for spare, and once the you release the 2PSI pressure the TPMS system detects the tire and position and starts monitoring it.

I believe there might have be something wrong happened, else atleast a swap option should have been show, irrespective of spare is monitored or not!!

-Pramod
Old 13th May 2010, 14:23   #221
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Spare tires has a sensor, but it only shows when there is a problem. Spare tires is not shown in the regular check done at start up.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:08   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Some how the TPMS didn't detect the swap of the spare tire and finally I have to make the TPMS system relearn after fixing the puncture on the spare tire. I am not sure if this is the case with other owner or no own have experienced any puncture with the newer refresh VLX ?
Not had a puncture yet (touch wood ), but AFAIK a single tyre swap also means the system has to be made to relearn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
the spare does not have TPMS sensor - from my experience with the puncture.
It certainly does! At least mine blinks and beeps if the spare tyre pressure is low - otherwise there's no display on the TPMS console.
Old 13th May 2010, 19:50   #223
BHPian

I must be wrong then - so does the TPMS display ever show the spare tyre pressure or only when it goes below the limit?
Old 13th May 2010, 19:56   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
...does the TPMS display ever show the spare tyre pressure or only when it goes below the limit?
It shows the pressure as a blinking display and the amber alert lamp blinks, plus there's a beep-beep to warn the driver - this only happens when the pressure drops to (IIRC) less than 28 psi.

You can't read the spare tyre pressure as a display if it has normal pressure.
Old 13th May 2010, 20:13   #225
BHPian

Doc, one more noob question - where is the TPMS receiver unit located?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks