Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 16:19   #61
BHPian

Guys back from Service Center, good news every problem has been resolved,
The gearbox problem was due to electronics only, the connectors were loose, after removal cleaning of connectors and refitting the TCU module back everything came to normal, lots of testing with spirited driving, stopping and staring on incline, reversing on incline and decline, on bad road with bumps and total running of 50 kms this was ok'ed for delivery. Mahindra engineer were on direct contact, the diagnostics results were shared with Mahindra and based on the discussion all this was done and tested. Mahindra Area incharge was also present there, this is the same guys I talked while I booked the vehicle and figured out that mine is the first mHawk AT 4WD delivered!!
With airbag, everything was fine, Mahindra airbag vehicle comes factory locked and they need to be unlocked at delivery, this was done and now its working[as per the airbag device, you can't check airbag working ;-)]

In end it was all about connectors, as the gear was not locked the tcu indicated an unknown mode and the ecu raised the mal function light, this get the complete system into safe mode and that was causing the power loss, this is what is told to me.
While testing the Laptop was attached and all the data was monitored in runtime and shared with the Mahindra.
I believe this doesn't happen again and I should be able to enjoy my drives.
Thanks,
Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 11th January 2010 at 16:23.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:41   #62
BHPian

congrats buddy glad to know that aal is well. hope the wheel alignment issue has also been sorted. mine had a slight left pull as noticed on a trip to bangalore and a total of 3000km mostly covered at speeds above 100 resulted in the front left tyre getting worn on the outside.
please do let us know about how she behaves in off road conditions. i am replacing my current 2wd crde with a 4wd m/t expected in feb. i am toying with the idea of replacing my swift vdi with an automatic 2wd scorp in 2011 but if yours performs well i might go in for the 4wd a/t
oh and congrats on getting the 'first' 4wd a/t as well.
Old 11th January 2010, 16:50   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hey pramod glad to know that your problems are resolved. Btw which workshop did you go to? I found Provincial guys pretty good at diagnosing problems.
Old 11th January 2010, 17:02   #64
BHPian

I am with Unatti Motors, I know almost everyone there and they too know me well, I had a bad experience with Provincial with my old VLX and again when I wanted to get 4wd AT, even though Provincial is just 3 KM from my home I prefer Unatti Motors which is 20kms from my home!
Yes the steering alignment is corrected, I hope it stay corrected and same for other problem, nobody would want to drive 130 kms of good road in 7 hours, yesterday I have to drive that way as instructed by mahindra to drive slowly and stopping after every 15-20 minutes.

Pramod
Old 11th January 2010, 19:46   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
In end it was all about connectors,
I am glad that worked out. I figured it wasn't anything mechanical as you cannot drive the vehicle if the AT has mechanical faults. Your syptoms pointed towards an electronic glitch, especially since it seemed to go away when you rebooted. This won't happen for mechanical problems. They don't go away with a reboot :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
With airbag, everything was fine, Mahindra airbag vehicle comes factory locked and they need to be unlocked at delivery, this was done and now its working[as per the airbag device, you can't check airbag working ;-)]
I can suggest a way to check your air bags, but I am almost certain you won't try it .

Guess the car leaves the factory with the air bag disabled and it will get enabled before delivery. Good to know since mine is the first version with airbags to be booked in kottaym, I will need to go through the same steps as you did.
Old 11th January 2010, 19:58   #66
Senior - BHPian

great to know that all your problems were minor & it is now resolved. more glad to hear that the mahindra A.S.S served you well.
Old 11th January 2010, 23:10   #67
BHPian

Yeah, I just have appreciation for them, as it was a serious issue, Service center chief engineer was working full time, the service record was filed after everything was fixed, they even worked during there lunch time without break,generally what ever the issue be mechanic would stop work at dot 1.30pm and would be back only at 2.15pm, but this was not the case today they worked till it was fixed. I hope every customer at every instance get the same treatment forever, this type of treatment does give lots of hope.
Pramod

Last edited by pramods : 11th January 2010 at 23:14.
Old 12th January 2010, 00:39   #68
BHPian

Hey Promod, congrats on your buy, well done.

Nice to hear that your glitches are ironed out, enjoy the beast.

One question, iv' been told that the turning radius on the 4wd AT, is larger than that on the M2Di or the CDRie, can you confirm / comment on that. please.

I drive a Safari 2.2 VTT, and its a task to maneuver around the city, was considering shifting on to similar vehicle as yours for the same reason........... Kindly comment.
Old 12th January 2010, 07:53   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obaidhakim View Post
One question, iv' been told that the turning radius on the 4wd AT, is larger than that on the M2Di or the CDRie, can you confirm / comment on that. please.
According to the mahinda specifications they clearly say that turning radius is same for 2WD/4WD. Having AT will not affect the turning radius as it doesn't change the wheelbase in any way.
Old 12th January 2010, 08:19   #70
BHPian

There is no difference, as from my initial images you can see the parking slot of my vehicle is very restricted with concrete pillar on both the side, it takes same effort as with previous 2wd VLX, this does indicate the turning radius is same as 2wd.
Pramod
Old 12th January 2010, 10:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

pramods, glad to know the ride is in its expected form. Happy motoring!
Old 12th January 2010, 14:05   #72
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pramods, have been glued to this thread since you took delivery, somehow, couldnt post messages.

First of all congratulations on the delivery of the first 4x4 AT Scorpio on the forum. Glad to hear that all the problems were sorted out and were minor electrical connectors issues.

So all scorpios with airbags need to be checked for lighting before delivery if in case the dealers dont activate it.

How are you feeling the pickup when compared to your manual transmission.

Also, how is the gearbox behaving ? Are you happy with the automatic gearbox in city and highway ?
Old 12th January 2010, 14:56   #73
BHPian

Pramods, what is the FE difference between your older 2 WD VLX and this one?
Thanks in advance
Old 12th January 2010, 15:49   #74
BHPian

you need to get used to autobox, initially I thought it too lazy but they I realized as you put pressure on pedal it automatically downshift and pickup, still I feel its slower than the manual version, but I will reserve my comment once I am sure about this. Regarding fuel efficiency on the first full tank I got 10kmpl and on second occasion I was just able to get 9kmpl, this might be because of driving it for 150km+ with malfunction light on and speed ranging from 30-50kmph. I used to get 11kmpl+ in city and 12kmpl+ on highway with previous VLX MT, but would be happy getting in range of 10-11kmpl.
Pramod
Old 15th January 2010, 06:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Pramods: Looking forward for an update which i will be observing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks