Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 23:24   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@pramod:

I have booked a Scorpio 4WD with Manual Transmission and not AT. I have an Hyundai Santro AT for my city use and for the highways and longer trips, I prefer a MT.

Even I thought that 4WD came only with Seven Seater with 3 seater middle and two side facing third row seats. So, I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from dealer today saying the factory wants to know if I wanted the captains chairs and I told them, I'll take the Captains Chairs in the middle row. The main reasoning for me is that my parents can sit in comfort in the middle rows and kids can manage in the front facing third row. I kind of like the minivan kind of configuration. I hope I can actually get this combo.
Old 9th January 2010, 21:30   #47
BHPian

Second set of problem, the autobox get into reverse slot but vehicle refused to reverse, after attempting for few times engine mal function light starts.glowing.
I have to switch off the vehicle and wait for 5 minutes and start again everything is fine, this happened 2.times. I am out of city will have to return ASAP and get to service center on Monday any help would be appreciated so I can reach safely back.
Pramod
Old 9th January 2010, 23:12   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Second set of problem, the autobox get into reverse slot but vehicle refused to reverse, after attempting for few times engine mal function light starts.glowing.
I have to switch off the vehicle and wait for 5 minutes and start again everything is fine, this happened 2.times. I am out of city will have to return ASAP and get to service center on Monday any help would be appreciated so I can reach safely back.
Pramod
The 4WD AT seems to be having teething problems.Hope it is resolved soon pramods.
Old 9th January 2010, 23:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Great choice !! Congratulations. I like this colour too. The AT should equate to some pretty stress-free driving in town.
Old 10th January 2010, 01:20   #50
BHPian

I hopeless it gets resolved soon and don't occurs again.I am more worried about getting back home safely. I should be able to make it..
Pramod
Old 10th January 2010, 08:24   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

@pramods:

The most likely culprit is your speed sensor. Do you see any erratic movement of your speedometer? The AT box has a safety feature which will prevent Reverse from being engaged (even if you slot the lever into R) unless certain conditions are met. It is most likely a failure of that sensor.

For now you can just shut off and reset as you have been doing to reach home. It is definitely an electronic/sensor issue rather than anything major with the transmission.
Old 10th January 2010, 19:28   #52
BHPian

I reached home, I called Mahindra help line, as the mal function light was continuously on, if I shutoff the engine and start again the mal function light used to reset and come back again with in just 1 km and once the mal function light was on I can't engage reverse, Mahindra help line tried to get the service center guy talk to me and the only suggestion I got was to drive slowly and get to Nagpur. I will be taking the vehicle tomorrow morning for diagnostic.
1>When I restart the engine, everything seems to fine, I can even reverse, but within 1 km after a small thud sound the mal function light would comeup and the engine, after this light the engine looks like going into safe mode, the engine performance gets down.
2>when the malfunction lights are on, the vehicle would not reverse even if i put the autobox in reverse slot.

3> Switch off the engine, start again every thing is fine and it can reverse but again after some time the engine mal function light would come on and reverse will not work,

4> when ever the mal function light comes on, there is a small thus and you can feel that

Hope this to be something with sensor and not with gearbox or drive line, will update once it get fixed. Tomorrow would be the day to get these item fixed
1>mal function lights on and reverse not working
2> Airbag mal function lights on
3>Steering not aligned

-Pramod
Old 10th January 2010, 20:48   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

4> when ever the mal function light comes on, there is a small thus and you can feel that

Hope this to be something with sensor and not with gearbox or drive line, ...
Pramod, the thud sound is a bit worrisome. I can't imagine how a bad sensor can make a sound! Seems to be a mechanical issue requiring adjustment.
Old 10th January 2010, 21:49   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Pramod, the thud sound is a bit worrisome. I can't imagine how a bad sensor can make a sound! Seems to be a mechanical issue requiring adjustment.
Thud sound is not necessarily a problem with the transmission gears. My M-Class had a problem when shifting was hard with a thud sound and it turned out to be a problem with the shift control module (electronics).
Old 10th January 2010, 22:52   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope this to be something with sensor and not with gearbox or drive line, will update once it get fixed. Tomorrow would be the day to get these item fixed
1>mal function lights on and reverse not working
2> Airbag mal function lights on
3>Steering not aligned

-Pramod
Good to know that you reached home safe. Hope everything gets resolved ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Thud sound is not necessarily a problem with the transmission gears. My M-Class had a problem when shifting was hard with a thud sound and it turned out to be a problem with the shift control module (electronics).
The problem might be with electronics but electronics by itself can't make the 'thud' sound. It is perhaps causing some mechanical devices to make that sound and that isn't a good sign. It may or may not be a severe problem but should be taken at highest priority.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:36   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
The problem might be with electronics but electronics by itself can't make the 'thud' sound. It is perhaps causing some mechanical devices to make that sound and that isn't a good sign. It may or may not be a severe problem but should be taken at highest priority.
For my M-Class, the thud sound was caused by a defective shift control module which was replaced. The transmission was never removed. Guess it was causing the transmission to shift incorrectly.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:48   #57
BHPian

I am at service center, I saw 2 error code one related to pedal accelerator and Senor other related to cylinder 2 misfiring, tcu also had lot of code and messages related to sensors that was not making sense to me. I hope they are minor related to electronics.
Pramod
Old 11th January 2010, 12:55   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

@promods:

Since M&M doesn't sell much automatics, the techs may not be upto speed. If you feel they are fumbling around in the dark, get mahindra involved as soon as possible.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:11   #59
Senior - BHPian

Aw well written initial report pramod. Good decision on picking up an AT. Even a SUV the size of a Scorpio must be feeling easy to drive with the auto tranny. Will be following this thread with great interest since i am a staunch supporter of automatic.

Sorry to hear about the issues you are facing. I hope you get those sorted out soon. Mahindra has put the AT Scorpio into the market but I hope they also have the know how to deal with any problems faced which Maruti sadly did not have when they launched the Zen AT and so on.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

pramods, congratulations on your AT 4W scorpio.Great to have auto tranny with the size like scorpio for easy driving.Many are eyeing your thread for reviews and feedbacks from your side.Enjoy your drive and hope mahindra resolves all small niggles you are facing right now.Hope they do have well trained technicians at dealers part to deal with auto transmissions, or else if needed do include mahindra directly in your case.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks