Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 10:06   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Do not trust the dealer blindly.
==========
So I'm hoping my Ritz will also become rattle free once I visit the service center.
Well, just checked up on the net, and Garware Ice Cool shield is supposed to be the top of the line sun-film from them, and costs around 3k. The dealer said 3.5k. Should i get the 12k in cash or still opt for the accessories he is offering me in that amount? Also, I'm going to be hovering around during installation, so he will be putting the one I wanted only
Old 19th March 2010, 16:18   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Don't go by auto cut off. Fill till the petrol reaches the top. Then wait till it settles down and fill more. You will have to do this many times. When the level remains steady (stops falling), your tank is full and the air is purged out. This gives more accurate readings.
Instead of noting the ODO, just reset the tripmeter.
I don't know why is this method more accurate than the auto cut-off one, but I don't feel comfortable filling petrol beyond auto cut-off mark. The auto cut-off is present for a purpose and filling petrol beyond that mark may not be safe.

BTW my cumulative mileage calculated over 1700+ KMs is 14.93 KMPL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
Should i get the 12k in cash or still opt for the accessories he is offering me in that amount? Also, I'm going to be hovering around during installation, so he will be putting the one I wanted only
I'll prefer cash discount over accessories any day. The prices mentioned for the accessories at dealer are inflated ridiculously. If you are good at bargaining, go for accessories or go for cash discount and play safe.

Last edited by Gandhi : 19th March 2010 at 16:19.
Old 19th March 2010, 20:21   #48
BHPian

Guys,
let me join this club of Ritzy owners!!

I own a Blue blaze VXI. Done 2500kms... Av mileage 15.63 last time around.....

I did my bit of research on the sunfilms and have settled for 2 brands. 3M - CR70 or Llumar AIR 75. Got them practically tested in one of the showrooms with the heat from heavy duty lights.
Old 19th March 2010, 20:48   #49
BHPian

@ gandhi : went to one of the numerous accessory shops in town, the overall difference was around 2k, compared to what the dealer said, so didn't really bother. Checked her out in the yard keenly today, seems fine. Shall come home by 2PM tomorrow morning. Guess its time to start a new thread on the Initial Ownership Reports page
@ funnyguru: thats some detailed research you've done on sun-films. Kudos to you
Old 19th March 2010, 21:46   #50
PCS
BHPian

Hi Gandhi, How Is Your Car Doing ?

Hey Dude , By The Way Tell Me How Did You Get Blue Interior Dashboard For Black Exterior Colour ? Was It An Option ? My Salesman Did Not Inform Me That It Is Optional ?

Any How My Ritz Has Now Clocked 6000kms And I Get A Mileage On 17.3 Kmpl In Bangalore Roads.

Do Post More Pics Of Your Car !

Also My Friend Will Soon Buy Black Ritz Vdi !!!

Just Fyi, Ritz Is Now The Benchmark In The Industry When Its Come Overall Rating

Hats Off To Msil !!!
Old 19th March 2010, 21:58   #51
BANNED

Quote:
I don't know why is this method more accurate than the auto cut-off one, but I don't feel comfortable filling petrol beyond auto cut-off mark. The auto cut-off is present for a purpose and filling petrol beyond that mark may not be safe.
When petrol is being filled at high speed there is not enough time to displace all the air. Thus the petrol level rises and activates the auto cut off. After a few seconds a little air is displaced and the level falls.
The purpose of the auto cut off is to prevent overflow. After it is activated once, then fill slowly allowing short stops to allow air to get displaced and the petrol to settle. Today I managed to fill 200 bucks worth of petrol after the auto cut off.
Old 19th March 2010, 22:18   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post

Any How My Ritz Has Now Clocked 6000kms And I Get A Mileage On 17.3 Kmpl In Bangalore Roads.
WOW , that's a great mileage .
Old 19th March 2010, 23:12   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Guys,
let me join this club of Ritzy owners!!
Actually you should welcome me to the Ritz Owner's club. Mine has cloaked only 1800 KMs so far .

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuvan_prasad View Post
@ gandhi: Checked her out in the yard keenly today, seems fine. Shall come home by 2PM tomorrow morning. Guess its time to start a new thread on the Initial Ownership Reports page
Congrats. Waiting for your ownership thread.

Quote:
Hi Gandhi, How Is Your Car Doing ?

Hey Dude , By The Way Tell Me How Did You Get Blue Interior Dashboard For Black Exterior Colour ? Was It An Option ? My Salesman Did Not Inform Me That It Is Optional ?
Mine is a ZXi. Blue interiors are standard on ZXi for Black/White/Silver/Blue as exterior colors.

Quote:
That's a great mileage you are getting. Yours is a Petrol Ritz, right?

Quote:
Just Fyi, Ritz Is Now The Benchmark In The Industry When Its Come Overall Rating
For the 1.2L KB series engine, yes. But not for other factors. Today there was a Car'nival at my office where I checked out Polo, Figo, Punto etc. Build quality of these cars felt much better than Marutis. Though I must admit that Ritz has the best build among Maruti cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live To Jive View Post
Today I managed to fill 200 bucks worth of petrol after the auto cut off.
Makes sense. But I wouldn't do that just to get a more accurate mileage figure. If you remember, A-star was recalled because of a safety issue when petrol is filled up to the bream. Better safe than sorry.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:30   #54
BHPian

Hey Gandhi,

I finally booked Ritz Zxi yesterday. I have booked the White colour. Can you give me some details of the Sun film? Which are the ones you have put on the doors/rear and which one on the front (if any)?
I need to get those for our swift also.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:38   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Hey Gandhi,

I finally booked Ritz Zxi yesterday. I have booked the White colour. Can you give me some details of the Sun film? Which are the ones you have put on the doors/rear and which one on the front (if any)?
I need to get those for our swift also.
Congrats for your Ritzy.

I have 3M RE-35 on sides and rear. This sun-film is reflective (which I didn't realize until it was installed). If you prefer non-reflective sun-film, go with Llumar. They have a similar speced film at similar prices.

For front, I am planning to go for 3M CR-70. Not been able to find time to explore here.
Old 23rd March 2010, 14:43   #56
BHPian

I too own a ritz and it has done 3600 kms. Recently tried 160km/h on NICE wih ac on and it felt really stable. Took a pic of it also
Old 24th March 2010, 14:33   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats for your Ritzy.

I have 3M RE-35 on sides and rear. This sun-film is reflective (which I didn't realize until it was installed). If you prefer non-reflective sun-film, go with Llumar. They have a similar speced film at similar prices.

For front, I am planning to go for 3M CR-70. Not been able to find time to explore here.
Thanks for the info. What exactly does "reflective" mean? Is it like a metallic finish?
How much was it totally? Did 3M folks themselves installed it?
I prefer not to have any sun film for the front windscreen though. Don't think its safe!

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 24th March 2010 at 14:34.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:48   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
Thanks for the info. What exactly does "reflective" mean? Is it like a metallic finish?
How much was it totally? Did 3M folks themselves installed it?
I prefer not to have any sun film for the front windscreen though. Don't think its safe!
Reflective meaning metallic. When you see through the windows from outside, it acts like a partial mirror.

I got it installed by Auto Fusion, Koramangala. They are one of the authorized installers for both 3M and Llumar.
Old 24th March 2010, 14:51   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Reflective meaning metallic. When you see through the windows from outside, it acts like a partial mirror.

I got it installed by Auto Fusion, Koramangala. They are one of the authorized installers for both 3M and Llumar.
Thanks. That something what i was also looking for. Can you PM me the address?
And how much was it totally?
Old 8th April 2010, 09:33   #60
BHPian

Long drive with Golu

Finally took Golu to a 790 KMs long drive to Coorg last weekend. He performed really well on awesome Mysore-Hunsur SH88. I could achieve speeds near 130 KMPH with ease. Didn't go pass that speed as I myself is not comfortable driving beyond that. The engine has opened up a lot compared to when it was delivered. The engine note has improved as well .

Out of the entire journey, around 400 KMs was on silky smooth roads and rest was on equally bad roads of internal Coorg. Sometimes it was painful to drive him through those big potholes but he glided through all them. Not a single rattle is introduced even after driving him through very bad roads at reasonable speeds (50-60 KMPH).

Mileage for this long trip was 18.5 KMPL and I am very very happy with it .

Here is a photo of him - a detailed report shall be posted in Travelogue section when I get some free time.

My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi-img_0106.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to add that Golu has completed 3000 KMs and mileage calculated over this 3000 KMs is 15.77 KMPL.

Last edited by Gandhi : 8th April 2010 at 09:40.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks