Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 18:56   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post

Golu got its first scratch also :(. My parking lot is pretty narrow and the turning space is also very less. The left rear fender touched a pillar and it got 3 inches long scratch. I still remember that sound, it was like somebody scratched my heart. When I got down and checked the damage, got relaxed a bit as scratch is not deep and only paint has come off. Now I have become even more careful driving him.

Suggest you go for mirrors as below these are very useful especially in a car such as the Ritz which is slightly broader at the behind.
The mirrors help to :
1. See other vehicles in the blind spots
2. correctly judge the clearance in tight traffic or parking spaces.
3. You can see the parking lanes marked on the ground and park more accurately, especially when parking in reverse
4. They are a good substitute (though not entirely) for parking sensors

They are available as a MGA called "magic mirrors" and cost around 100 bucks a pair

Old 27th May 2010, 20:26   #62
BHPian

Completed 2nd Service @ 3400 KMs

Got the 2nd service done for my golu. This service is also just checking that everything is right and nothing substantial is done on the car. They just checked all the nuts and bolts, consumables etc, washed the car from outside and underneath.

Bill for the 2nd service Rs 0.00 . I find absolutely on difference in the car after the service.
Old 27th May 2010, 21:10   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Got the 2nd service done for my golu. This service is also just checking that everything is right and nothing substantial is done on the car. They just checked all the nuts and bolts, consumables etc, washed the car from outside and underneath.

Bill for the 2nd service Rs 0.00 . I find absolutely on difference in the car after the service.

HI Buddy.
Is it 6 months already?, cos 3400kms is lesser for the 2nd service. Assume 5k is the ideal kms covered.

Do you know if they charge for touch up jobs on scratches or dent removal?
Old 27th May 2010, 22:37   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
HI Buddy.
Is it 6 months already?, cos 3400kms is lesser for the 2nd service. Assume 5k is the ideal kms covered.

Do you know if they charge for touch up jobs on scratches or dent removal?
Yes, 6 months already. My monthly running is very less and haven't been able to do long trips because of work.

I did ask if they can touch up some of the hair-line scratches but they asked me to take one of their polishing packages which I refused.
Old 31st May 2010, 12:58   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, 6 months already. My monthly running is very less and haven't been able to do long trips because of work.

I did ask if they can touch up some of the hair-line scratches but they asked me to take one of their polishing packages which I refused.

Oh yeah! they have the 3M treatment , which I dont think will cover up all the scratches
Old 31st May 2010, 13:56   #66
BHPian

Analysis on the FE so far...

Total KMs covered: 3400
Avg Mileage : 15.43 KMPL
Max Mileage : 21.65 KMPL (Highway Drive)
Least Mileage : 13.61 KMPL (Only city drive with heavy traffic)
Avg Cost/KM : Rs 3.53
Old 31st May 2010, 14:20   #67
BHPian

Hi Gandhi,
I completed 3200 Kms in almost 3 months now with my Ritz vxi. :-)
Getting same mileage in city traffic. (13 Kmpl with 100 % AC & bad traffic around agara / sarjapur / silk board).
Yet to check mileage on highway.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:04   #68
BHPian

I drove the car for first time in night on Highways. It was really scary for first few kilometers as I couldn't see anything when oncoming vehicle was on high beam. But slowly got used to it.

I found the stock headlamps to be not sufficient for highway driving in nights. It was almost impossible to drive on low beam even when there was no oncoming traffic. The throw is just not enough for nights even at moderate speeds like 70 KMPH.

Can someone suggest a better pair of headlamps for Ritz which should have better throw and better illumination?
Old 11th August 2010, 10:08   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Can someone suggest a better pair of headlamps for Ritz which should have better throw and better illumination?
You can go for a 90/100 Philips rally bulb with a roots relay. This would cost you 1100 approx. That should solve the problem to a great extent.

Anup
Old 11th August 2010, 10:33   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anup7649 View Post
You can go for a 90/100 Philips rally bulb with a roots relay. This would cost you 1100 approx. That should solve the problem to a great extent.

Anup
Thanks Anup. Does this require any kind of wiring changes to electricals of the car (wiring changes can void the warranty?). I would prefer just changing the bulbs if possible.
Old 11th August 2010, 10:44   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anup. Does this require any kind of wiring changes to electricals of the car (wiring changes can void the warranty?). I would prefer just changing the bulbs if possible.
The relay will plugged to your current wiring itself. It is as such a plug-remove. So no wires would be cut open. So it really will not void warranty.
I have been using in one of my car from past 3years and in another car past 1year. Make sure you insist/buy only 90/100 philips rally for better illumination (currently OSRAM make bulb is available which the shop fellows will try to sell to you).
Where do you stay,depending on which I can guide you to a right shop probably?
Old 11th August 2010, 10:51   #72
BHPian

Also, I want to make sure that I don't blind oncoming vehicles badly. I hope 90/100 Phillips is not too bright for others.

Quote:
Where do you stay,depending on which I can guide you to a right shop probably?
Thanks for your kind help. I stay in Whitefield area.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:03   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I found the stock headlamps to be not sufficient for highway driving in nights. It was almost impossible to drive on low beam even when there was no oncoming traffic. The throw is just not enough for nights even at moderate speeds like 70 KMPH.
I am facing a somewhat similar issue on my Swift too. I drive daily at nights on the highway.
But I am not upgrading as I fear it will void my warranty. Maybe its better to get it done from a MASS itself ?

What was your FE on the highway ?

Last edited by sajo : 11th August 2010 at 11:04.
Old 11th August 2010, 11:30   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Also, I want to make sure that I don't blind oncoming vehicles badly. I hope 90/100 Phillips is not too bright for others.

Thanks for your kind help. I stay in Whitefield area.
Driving in Low beam within city is what is precribed always. On highways too, low beam ( focus at high level) is sufficient when oncoming traffic is more with this 90/100. However on open stretches the High beam is a boon on highways.

Oh, whitefield, if you happen to visit Magrath Road (near richmond circle), then there is a shop named "Car trendz". You can visit there for this upgrade. He would charge 1100 for the whole set.
Old 11th August 2010, 12:32   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
What was your FE on the highway ?
FE depends on my mood of driving on the highway. Typically I get 18+ on highways but I have got as high as 22 KMPL while driven sanely.

Quote:
Driving in Low beam within city is what is precribed always. On highways too, low beam ( focus at high level) is sufficient when oncoming traffic is more with this 90/100. However on open stretches the High beam is a boon on highways.
That's what I do and hence want headlamps with better throw and illumination for low beam as well.

Quote:
Oh, whitefield, if you happen to visit Magrath Road (near richmond circle), then there is a shop named "Car trendz". You can visit there for this upgrade. He would charge 1100 for the whole set.
Thanks for the directions.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks