Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2010, 14:14   #91
BHPian

My Ritz is up for 3rd and final free service this month. He will complete 1 year on 3rd December .

I wanted to get opinion from Ritz owners who have already got the 3rd service done. What engine oil should be used, normal or synthetic? What all things should I keep in mind during this 3rd service? I will surely go through the manual to see what all they are supposed to do, but still if there areas I need to watch out for?
Old 23rd December 2010, 18:58   #92
BHPian

Re: My black little bull - My black Ritz ZXi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
My Ritz is up for 3rd and final free service this month. He will complete 1 year on 3rd December .

I wanted to get opinion from Ritz owners who have already got the 3rd service done. What engine oil should be used, normal or synthetic? What all things should I keep in mind during this 3rd service? I will surely go through the manual to see what all they are supposed to do, but still if there areas I need to watch out for?

Hi Gandhi,
Can you please share your experience of the 3rd service for the Ritz petrol. Few things that you noticed as part of the service done. How is the feedback from the car post the service as well.
Old 23rd December 2010, 21:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

You can go in for synhetic oil. It really smoothens the engine to a huge extent and greatly reduces vibration as well
Old 24th December 2010, 09:54   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi Gandhi,
Can you please share your experience of the 3rd service for the Ritz petrol. Few things that you noticed as part of the service done. How is the feedback from the car post the service as well.
3rd and final free service was done about 20 days back. They changed the oild and oil filter. Castrol Magnatec was used. I am not satisfied with the service this time. I had asked the service adviser to fix a minor rattling issue, which is not yet fixed. I plan to take the car to service center tomorrow. Regarding change in car post-service, I find absolutely no difference to how it was running pre-service. Planning to meet a senior service adviser tomorrow and discuss the same with him.
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:59   #95
BHPian

Quote:
3rd and final free service was done about 20 days back. They changed the oild and oil filter. Castrol Magnatec was used. I am not satisfied with the service this time. I had asked the service adviser to fix a minor rattling issue, which is not yet fixed. I plan to take the car to service center tomorrow. Regarding change in car post-service, I find absolutely no difference to how it was running pre-service. Planning to meet a senior service adviser tomorrow and discuss the same with him.

Hi gandhi,
Did you get your issues sorted out ?.. Did they also change the engine coolant or only topped it up!..

I also assume the whelel rotation was part of the process.
Old 3rd January 2011, 13:42   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyguru View Post
Hi gandhi,
Did you get your issues sorted out ?.. Did they also change the engine coolant or only topped it up!..

I also assume the whelel rotation was part of the process.
Not yet. Haven't been able to find time to do that . Yes they changed the coolant. I didn't do wheel rotation as it was done between 2nd and 3rd service because of a vibration issue I was facing.
Old 11th April 2011, 19:20   #97
BHPian

Time for an update.

Haven't drive my Ritzy since 2 months as I was out of country. Now when I start the blower, there is some very foul smell in the car. This happens only when AC is off and blower is ON. Can this be coming from the engine? Do I need to get the AC checked? What can be the reason?

BTW, my golu has completed 11000 KMs in about a year and a half. I got the wheel balancing and aligning done at Michelin's aligning center in Whitefield. I think they did a very good job and I was satisfied with the work.
Old 11th April 2011, 21:42   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Time for an update.

Haven't drive my Ritzy since 2 months as I was out of country. Now when I start the blower, there is some very foul smell in the car. This happens only when AC is off and blower is ON. Can this be coming from the engine? Do I need to get the AC checked? What can be the reason?

BTW, my golu has completed 11000 KMs in about a year and a half. I got the wheel balancing and aligning done at Michelin's aligning center in Whitefield. I think they did a very good job and I was satisfied with the work.
I also had a bad smell coming up from the blower before the 3rd service interval, not sure whats the reason.
I complained about the same when i got the 3rd service done and i think they cleaned the blower vents, but it didn't work.
After the service, received a feedback call from the dealer and informed them about the smell issue ,so they requested to get the car to the service center for getting the same checked, in the mean time i kept my regular SA informed about the same .
So one weekend drove to the center and got the same checked and while i was over there i again received a call to check weather i could come to get the car checked, so informed that i was already there for the same , also told them im getting it checked my by regular SA.
The SA tested the issue and found the smell, so he got a can for a/c neutralized and sprayed that in the a/c vents and asked me to not to use the blower or A/c for around 30 mins and i guess that did the trick. After that i have not experienced the smell anymore.
Also i have noticed, if i smoke inside the car, the smell at times reappears so not sure if thats causing the issue.

Anyways i hope you also get it fixed .

Cheers
Old 12th April 2011, 00:15   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Time for an update.

Was your blower sucking in fresh air or on re-cycle mode?? As in was that button on the left of the ac button on when you got the foul smell?? I guess not?? I faced the same situation when I had kept the blower on and the re-cycle button off. Try keeping the re-cycle mode on at all times, Im sure the smell will vanish.

Last edited by S2!!! : 12th April 2011 at 00:18.
Old 12th April 2011, 18:58   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
The SA tested the issue and found the smell, so he got a can for a/c neutralized and sprayed that in the a/c vents and asked me to not to use the blower or A/c for around 30 mins and i guess that did the trick. After that i have not experienced the smell anymore.
Also i have noticed, if i smoke inside the car, the smell at times reappears so not sure if thats causing the issue.

Anyways i hope you also get it fixed .

Cheers
Did they charge anything for AC neutralization? I was thinking about getting it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
Was your blower sucking in fresh air or on re-cycle mode?? As in was that button on the left of the ac button on when you got the foul smell?? I guess not?? I faced the same situation when I had kept the blower on and the re-cycle button off. Try keeping the re-cycle mode on at all times, Im sure the smell will vanish.
I always keep the blowers on re-cycle mode unless I'm certain there won't be any smoke and dust outside. I have tried switching the modes and haven't been able to get away with the smell.
Old 14th April 2011, 04:09   #101
BHPian

HI Gandhi,
Do check if any rodents made your car vents their home while you were out. My friend found 2-3 small dead rats when got the AC assembly opened and cleaned.
Old 14th April 2011, 09:13   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
HI Gandhi,
Do check if any rodents made your car vents their home while you were out. My friend found 2-3 small dead rats when got the AC assembly opened and cleaned.
Thanks for the tip Anand. I'll check the engine bay myself if there are some dead rats or anything dead. I plan to get the the AC ducts checked this weekend.
Old 12th May 2011, 23:36   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Great review. Liked your thread while choosing your car as well. Am planning to buy a car in a few weeks. Will most likely buy the ritz zxi and both your threads have helped a lot. Can you please update on the rattle issue? Did it get fixed? Do you see any further issues in the past few months? Sincerely hope you did not!
Old 13th May 2011, 04:16   #104
Senior - BHPian

Great review! Please let me know if you could fix the rattle issue.
Old 13th May 2011, 07:23   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamz91 View Post
Great review. Liked your thread while choosing your car as well. Am planning to buy a car in a few weeks. Will most likely buy the ritz zxi and both your threads have helped a lot. Can you please update on the rattle issue? Did it get fixed? Do you see any further issues in the past few months? Sincerely hope you did not!
I'm glad, my thread helped you.

The rattling issue suddenly disappeared from my car and I didn't have to take it to the service center (touch wood). I have mentioned about a foul smell issue in last few posts. I need to get AC neutralization done, just can't get time for it. Other than that, everything seems to be fine. Good luck with your new purchase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks