Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2011, 19:51   #4861
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmarPaithankar
How can a 5mm height difference ruin the suspension?

In fact, the original height is 65mm and if we replace it with a tyre having 60mm height (185/60 - R14), ground clearance will decrease.
Amitsingla has answered your query correctly. Read it for some knowledgeable info. A difference in overall diameter will cause speedometer errors also.

PS - I can't seem to multiquote on my phone and someone asked me if the TDCI has a DPF or not, the answer is yes it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina

thanks.

I went for my first service today - here's the experience [*]Rear window opening on its own (noticed on Sunday I have the problem too - though the window takes some weeks to open a few mm)[*]headlamp alignment (seems to be slightly towards left from the day I brought the car home).
Hi headlight alignment should not be done on your figo. The thing you are witnessing is quite normal. Headlights are adjusted to project slightly towards the left so that they don't blind the oncoming traffic from the front.

So your car lights are ok and actually good for others also and aligned as per the motor vehicle rule. Thus no adjustment is needed, otherwise you would be causing an inconvenience to others and I'm sure you won't want that. So just giving you some useful info.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 19th July 2011 at 20:01.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 21:23   #4862
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

Hi headlight alignment should not be done on your figo. The thing you are witnessing is quite normal. Headlights are adjusted to project slightly towards the left so that they don't blind the oncoming traffic from the front.

So your car lights are ok and actually good for others also and aligned as per the motor vehicle rule. Thus no adjustment is needed, otherwise you would be causing an inconvenience to others and I'm sure you won't want that. So just giving you some useful info.

that's what I had been suspecting for a long time - that is why never posted on the forum. I mean the low beam lights show this behaviour to a good extent while the high beams show to a little extent - if you draw a line through their respective projections on the road, the right-lamp line and the left lamp line are almost parallel to the road. the only way you can expmalin that, except a really lottery-winning probability is if it was intentional.

Apparently nobody else is following this rule (or they are following the opposite of it in Hyderabad - pointed to the right and up)
Old 20th July 2011, 01:25   #4863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hey Mustang.101 - quick question for you -

what kind of engine oil options does Ford provide? this thread here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...practical.html

says that full synthetic is optional but not mandatory. If that is so I would like to tell the workshop to fill up semi-synthetic only - provided Ford is OK with that.
Old 20th July 2011, 07:45   #4864
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina

Hey Mustang.101 - quick question for you -

what kind of engine oil options does Ford provide? this thread here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...practical.html

says that full synthetic is optional but not mandatory. If that is so I would like to tell the workshop to fill up semi-synthetic only - provided Ford is OK with that.
Ford workshops provide semi-synthetic oil for both the tdci and petrol engines. Obviously the oil for petrol and diesel cars is different. I think you were asking about the tdci. For the fusion tdci, 5W30 grade oil is used, its good enough and hence I won't be shifting to synthetic anytime soon. For eg. South city ford in noida used to fill mobil super 5W30 oil.
Old 20th July 2011, 09:14   #4865
BHPian

Quote:
PS - I can't seem to multiquote on my phone and someone asked me if the TDCI has a DPF or not, the answer is yes it does.
What is this DPF thing ? Kindly explain in detail. What is it's purpose?
Old 20th July 2011, 09:34   #4866
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
DPF is diesel Particulate filter. We could say it is a pollution control device.It removes particulate matter from diesel exhaust.

You can get more details from internet.

1.4TDCi 8Valve engine cleared the Euro 4 (in 2006)with this DPF but the 16valve design was discontinued since it could not clear the Euro 4 emission standards.
figo_mba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 10:22   #4867
Team-BHP Support

Is Ford's Total Maintenance Package for Figo available? Has any one amongst us availed it?
Old 20th July 2011, 10:51   #4868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is Ford's Total Maintenance Package for Figo available? Has any one amongst us availed it?
I think it is, you need to buy it within a month of your car's purchase. But it is ridiculously priced. I do not remember off hand the exacts though!
Old 20th July 2011, 10:54   #4869
Team-BHP Support

Within a month? Its the 7th month of my Car.

It will work around to be almost the same & despite TMP, dealer will charge you for something or the other which doesn't fall under TMP as necessary.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:05   #4870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Within a month? Its the 7th month of my Car.

It will work around to be almost the same & despite TMP, dealer will charge you for something or the other which doesn't fall under TMP as necessary.
Oh so you bought it in the 7th month is it? Then I might be wrong, but I do remember that it has to be bought before some time elapses.

So how much did it work out for you?
Old 20th July 2011, 11:07   #4871
Team-BHP Support

I got my Car on 1-1-'11.

I had thought to check this out during 2nd service.
Old 20th July 2011, 12:12   #4872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_mba View Post
DPF is diesel Particulate filter. We could say it is a pollution control device.It removes particulate matter from diesel exhaust.

You can get more details from internet.

1.4TDCi 8Valve engine cleared the Euro 4 (in 2006)with this DPF but the 16valve design was discontinued since it could not clear the Euro 4 emission standards.

figo_mba has already given you a brief introduction.

you can find more here:

Diesel particulate filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...te-filter.html

Ford's diesels (in India) since last year have DPF - and from figo_mba's post above you can see why they have 2 valves/cyl (MJD has 4/cyl).

MJD doesn't use DPF - it cleared emission standards without a DPF. Also Micra/Logan diesel doesn't use one AFAIK.

All diesels need one to clear Euro-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Oh so you bought it in the 7th month is it? Then I might be wrong, but I do remember that it has to be bought before some time elapses.

So how much did it work out for you?
Quote:
I got my Car on 1-1-'11.

I had thought to check this out during 2nd service.

So did/could you buy the package at that time? Mustang.101 can you tell us more about this?

Also what is the prices and what does it cover?
Old 20th July 2011, 12:46   #4873
BHPian

Quote:
I can't seem to multiquote on my phone and someone asked me if the TDCI has a DPF or not, the answer is yes it does.
Hi Mustang, it was me asking this question. Now since you confirmed that TDCi is DPF equipped, I have further question on the Ford approved engine oil for TDCi engine. The sticker on the car says oils with WSS-M2C913-B need to be used. Some of the service centres (e.g. Bhagat Ford Chandigarh) are using Shell Helix HX7 AF 5W30 which meets the WSS-M2C913-B standard. However, this oil is for Fords cars w/o DPF (see oil tech spec attached as word file). Also, I thought the diesel cars equipped with DPF require oils which have ACEA C1 or C2 or C3 rating. These are new low saps oils (ash <0.8%) to protect DPF. My dad's Figo D is going for first service in next week or so, so the detail oriented in me wanted to check on this first . Sorry for technical details on this thread and many thanks in advance for you and other members to share any info on this if you have. BTW, below are Ford engine oil approvals for pessanger cars. So for Ford cars with DPF, should the oil specification be WSS-M2C934-A?

WSS-M2C913-A - Engine oil, Initial and service fill, SAE 5W-30. This specification meets the ILSAC GF-2 and ACEA A1-98 and B1-98 and additional Ford requirements.

WSS-M2C913-B - The Ford M2C913-B specification is released in Europe for initial fill engine oils used for lubrication of spark ignition engines using gasoline and for compression ignition engines using diesel fuels. The specification is also used to define engine oils for servicing Ford engines where applicable. The oil shall meet all the requirements of the ILSAC GF-2 and GF-3 specification, the ACEA A1-98 and B1-98 specification and additional Ford requirements.

WSS-M2C913-C - Fully backwards compatible and is strongly recommended for all applications that currently require the specification Ford M2C913-B. The new engine oil provides various benefits to the customer such as improved fuel economy benefits and high robustness to biodiesel fuels.

WSS-M2C917-A - Viscosity SAE 5W40 engine oil for pump injector diesel engines.

WSS-M2C934-A - Extended drain engine oil for vehicles equipped with diesel particulate filter (DPF).

Source of this info is thread below and google. If you feel more comfortable, we can discuss on this thread as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2342811
Attached Files
File Type: docx Shell Helix HX7 AF 5w-30 TDS.docx (26.4 KB, 1292 views)
amit1234singla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 12:57   #4874
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post

WSS-M2C934-A - Extended drain engine oil for vehicles equipped with diesel particulate filter (DPF).

Source of this info is thread below and google. If you feel more comfortable, we can discuss on this thread as well.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2342811

Great info man - the thread you are quoting is so long I never took the trouble of going through it. Thanks for doing all the research.

Now the question is: do we get the 934-A spec ford oil in India, and if we insist on the workshop put this one how does it work for the warranty?
Old 20th July 2011, 13:10   #4875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Great info man - the thread you are quoting is so long I never took the trouble of going through it. Thanks for doing all the research.

Now the question is: do we get the 934-A spec ford oil in India, and if we insist on the workshop put this one how does it work for the warranty?
As per my talks with Service Manager he is OK with filling the Oil that we bring as long as the Oil meets or betters the requirements.

But Vina, ford's OEM oil is good enough for the car. So if I were you I won't bother unless I have some special requirements like going on continuous drive for 7 days or something. I am suggesting this after doing some considerable research on whether or not I should upgrade to a better Oil.

Jeez! I have got no clue about DPF, so if need be we need to upgrade the Oil then. Thanks for the info Amit!

Last edited by anilisanil : 20th July 2011 at 13:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks