Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2010, 17:30   #16
BHPian

awaiting pics.i hope we get it by night.
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:21   #17
BHPian

Uploading a few pics taken on D-day. More to come later with Seat Covers and Changed Interiors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IMG_3943.pdf (1.29 MB, 822 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_3945.pdf (863.2 KB, 570 views)
File Type: pdf IMG_3946.pdf (887.3 KB, 525 views)
Old 3rd February 2010, 09:25   #18
BHPian

Seat cover and interior snaps.
Attached Thumbnails
Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-img_4047.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-img_4050.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-img_4051.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-img_4052.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-img_4053.jpg  

Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack-img_4054.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2010, 10:14   #19
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp linea club mate!!

the car is a dream to drive

Quote:
I have done seat covers and customized interior painting to match the seat covers. Haven't taken the pics yet. Will post them soon
Nice covers !. from where did you do the covers ?. what matierial? how much did it cost?

Last edited by geeash : 3rd February 2010 at 10:16.
Old 3rd February 2010, 10:37   #20
Senior - BHPian

interior looks very plush! awesome dude!

Quote:
Accesories:
I have done seat covers and customized interior painting to match the seat covers. Haven't taken the pics yet. Will post them soon.
could you kindly tell us more about this?
Old 3rd February 2010, 11:41   #21
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
I Accesories:
I have done seat covers and customized interior painting to match the seat covers. Haven't taken the pics yet. Will post them soon.
More later.
Congrats on your buy! looks magnificent!

Could you please put some light on the customized interior painting?
Old 3rd February 2010, 12:59   #22
BHPian

Seat Cover and Interior Job Details

Linea interior is in 3 color tones (Grey-Top, Black-Middle, Cream-Lower).

Grey Tone: This tone forms top portion of the interior. Basically above shoulder. The A-pillar, B-Pillar, C-Pillar, roof, Music System are some of the areas in this color.

Black Tone: This tone forms middle portion of the interior. Between shoulder and waist. Upper half of dashboard, streeing wheel, outer portion of door panels are some of the areas in this color.

Mushroom/Cream Tone: This tone forms lower portion of the interior. Below waist. Lower half of dashboard, cup holder section between driver and passenger, centre portion of all door panel, front/rear arm rest, OEM Seat covers are some of the areas in this color.

I found the cream/mushroom tone quite dull. I always wanted my seat covers in butterscotch color. But that would have added a 4th color in the interior. I thought if everything in Mushroom/Cream tone can be painted in butterscotch that would give a lovely look. I shared the idea with the owner and asked if they can do fiber painting in buttescotch and how would it look. He got impressed with the idea and confirmed that it would look great. Luckily he was also doing fiber painting job as well.

Seat covers and Painting specifics:

Material: Cotton Backed PU (Polyurethene). PU is made from rubber. Many people tend to misguide customers saying PU Leather. But PU and Leather are two different materials. I didn't opt for leather due to religious reasons.

Procedure: Seat covers were stitched after selecting the material. All seat removed and seat covers tightly fastened over the existing OEM seat covers.

Paint/Primer: Don't know the paint/primer specs/type
Procedure: All fiber parts in cream/mushroom tone (except Dashboard lower half) were removed and cleaned. Primer was first sprayed on'em. Afterthat spray painting with buttorscotch color and let them dry.

Finally putting all the pieces back to how they were.

The seat covers and interiors done at Orchis in Vikhroli(W), Mumbai.
Owner Name: Anil Shinde (9870203580)
Total cost: Rs. 15,000

Last edited by Autocop : 3rd February 2010 at 13:03. Reason: change text
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:40   #23
BHPian

congrats!! the interiors are very pleasing...
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:04   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a nice interior to be in. Looks good.

would you please post the rear seat with the arm rest open? Need to see how this one fares in here
Old 3rd February 2010, 16:37   #25
BHPian

Autocop, the interior is looking superb!

How are those panels feel on touching them after the paintjob? Also is there any precaution or limitation in terms of cleaning them?

You gave me an idea of having a punto in beige
Old 3rd February 2010, 22:27   #26
BHPian

do post some pics as i haven't seen any linea with interior paintings
Old 23rd February 2010, 12:35   #27
BHPian

Sorry for the delay mate. The pictures with interior painting have been posted as part of initial ownership. The cream color/tone parts have been fiber painted with buttorscotch color to match my seat covers.

I will post some more pictures soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post

do post some pics as i haven't seen any linea with interior paintings
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:51   #28
BHPian

1st Service Experience

Background:
Had done 2850 Kms by Sunday 21-Feb. Following weekend I am planning to go out of the town which would add 800-900 Kms. Wanted to make sure vehicle inspection and few issues are taken care before going out of town. Decided to go for 1st Free service on Sunday 21-Feb.

Service Station: Balaji Cars, Ghodbunder Road, Thane
Service Advisor: Mr. Wilson

Task List for 1st Service:
1. Usual 1st service items per the manual
2. Windshield Wiper Water Supply Tube replacement (damage done by rats in apartment parking lot)
3. Fuel Line Protection Cover replacement (cover locks broken and came out due to stone impact on a high-way drive)
4. Touch-up minor scratches/bruises
5. Number Plate Fitting
6. Underbody Rust Protection
7. Unusual thuck/thud type sound coming from LHS wheel while going over deep potholes or steep humps at above normal speeds

Experience:
#1:

a. Usual fluid level checks and everything was done alright. I felt engine Oil Level in middle of Min and Max mark. I felt the same during vehicle delivery also. Asked the SA/Supervisor to top-up. But they suggested not to do it. It comes like that from company itself. It's better to keep the oil level at that. The engine and oil seals are quite new and if you overfill on a very new engine then due to the presurre oil seals could get damaged. They said during 2nd service they will replace and make at that time it will be till max level. I bought the argument since I knew the level hasn't changed since the delivery.

b. Wheel alignment check and correction
c. Nitrogen Top-up: The machine didn't recognize the Nitrogen already present in tyres. All tyres were deflated and filled with fresh nitrogen. Free of charge.
d. ECU and Engine Diagnostic Check: SA connected a laptop type instrument provided by Fiat to a port under streering wheel and did the error diagnostic check. NO ERRORS DETECTED.
e. Regular washing and interior/exterior cleaning.

#2: The water supply rubber tube was eaten by rats. It was duly replaced with a new one (Rs. 50).

#3: I was surprised it was not available in stock. A new cover has been ordered under warranty. Will visit the SA for fitting the same as soon as its available. The SA told me that all warranty items they need to order. Is it so? I think it was an excuse for not availability.

#4: This service station is closed on Sundays. But this Sunday they had free check-up camp for Indica and were open. But the paint shop was closed. This will be done when I go for cover fitting.

#5: I had got embossed number plates from my Nagpur Dealer. Wanted to get them fitted. Required a drill machine to pierce holes in metal plate. Being Sunday tool room was closed. This will be done when I go for cover fitting.

#6: Got the Waxoyl anti-rust protection done for the underbody. Cost 3300 (3000 base + 300 vat).

#7: Vehicle was lifted on a ramp and inspected. There is a cross-rod which is to protect the silencer pipe. It had got slightly bent from left side. While doing over deep potholes the sound was coming to metal contact. Solution was just straighten the rod by pushing it down to avoid metal contact.

I took the delivery of the vehicle by evening. As soon as I hit the road I could feel that the engine had got a lot smoother and was revving freely . The pick-up has improved a lot. Looking forward to the out of town visit.

Service Station Rating:
Although #3, #4 and #5 are still pending I won't blame service stattion for #4 and #5. But with regards #3 I was expecting this to be completed. Overall I am satisfied with the experience. But there is still area for improvement.

Mr. Wilson has good knowledge about the product and has a good overall awareness. He was knowing about t-bhp forum already and was telling me that he came to know about it from visiting memebers.

Overall Mileage: I am consistently getting 18 KMPL in city driving with 100% AC.

Overall Ownership Experience(so far):
After driving this car for a month or so I can tell you that it's a dream to drive. There is absolutely no lack of power whatsoever. The gears ratios are briliantly designed which makes this car a dream to drive in both city and highway. You need to get used to engaing right gears. That's it. The gearbox is simply brilliant, from day-1 the gear change has been butter smooth. The lesser I write about the suspension, handling, steering and build quality, looks and all the other goodies the better, because, these are the things which can't be expressed in words. No car in that segment comes anywhere near it. It's a true admiration guaranteed.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:28   #29
BHPian

Nice review Autocop.
Excellent first service report and hats off to the TASS for the good job.
Old 24th February 2010, 12:01   #30
BHPian

Thanks BNZJON!

Another improvement I am seeing after 1st service is in ACC Cooling. Not to say it was bad earlier, but after service I can notice the difference in quality and temperature of air blown by AC. Before service to get the good cooling effect especially when starting the day I had to keep ACC to 16-18 range. Now it's giving me a similar cooling effect in 20-22 range.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks