Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2010, 12:19   #31
BHPian

Front Passenger Power Window Lock?

Hey guys I need some help. The power window lock in my Linea prevents movement of Rear Power Windows, but, the front passenger window can be moved up/down even if the lock is on.

I am wondering, Is this the way its designed? or there is some issue in my car wrt front passenger power window locking?

My 2.5 yrs old daughter is very naughty and keeps playing with front passenger power window . I would like Front Passenger Power Window to get locked. Please suggest some ideas.
Old 25th February 2010, 12:23   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Hey guys I need some help. The power window lock in my Linea prevents movement of Rear Power Windows, but, the front passenger window can be moved up/down even if the lock is on.

I am wondering, Is this the way its designed? or there is some issue in my car wrt front passenger power window locking?

My 2.5 yrs old daughter is very naughty and keeps playing with front passenger power window . I would like Front Passenger Power Window to get locked. Please suggest some ideas.
sorry for OT but dont you think a 2.5 year old child is a little small to be in the front seat?
Old 25th February 2010, 13:22   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

yes,it's designed like so.
But it will be locked in all other cars and after market power windows.
Old 25th February 2010, 13:53   #34
BHPian

I think you got me wrong. She is not on Front seat by herself, but with mom. And she keeps playing with the PW lock while being on lap. This affects drivers attention and can't be ignored. Ideally we would like her to sit in rear on booster seat or atleast with lap belt on. Will take sometime before she gets that habit.

Looking for a front passenger PW lock solution in the interim period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
sorry for OT but dont you think a 2.5 year old child is a little small to be in the front seat?
Thanks for confirmation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
yes,it's designed like so.
But it will be locked in all other cars and after market power windows.

Last edited by Autocop : 25th February 2010 at 14:05. Reason: text change
Old 2nd March 2010, 12:42   #35
BHPian

4K Done

Had gone to Jalna over the long week end. Below are the routes taken and summary of the journey,

Forward Journey (NH 222 -> SH-60)
Thane - Kalyan - Ulhas Nagar - Malshej Ghat - Otur - Aale Phata - Ahmednagar - Aurangabad - Jalna

Start Date: 28-Feb-2010 6.15AM
Touchdown at Jalna: 28-Feb-2010 2.30PM
Total distance: 426
Avg FE per MID: 20.5 KMPL

The drive on NH222 between Ulhas Nagar - A. Nagar is one of the best I so far had in India. This road is thru Sahyandri Ghats and there are very very few villages in between, you are surrounded by greenery and hills and its all thru a scenic drive. Just after Ulhas Nagar there is an exit on left for the well known Titwala Ganapati Mandir. It's about 5 KMs after taking exit. Had been there couple of times before. Right in the middle of Malshej Ghat there is a beautiful temple ( of Shani, Maruti, Dattatrey and Shiva) in a small cave. Shivaji Maharaj used to visit the temple. Shivneri Fort (birthplace of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj) is very close from there. We had planned to carry the camera and usual hurry forgot to take it along. Would have loved to capture a few snaps of the beauty in natural beauty.

2. Return Journey (SH-60 till Shikrapur, Shikrapur is about 30-40 KMs before Pune and you need to take a right turn to go towards Chakan, Talegaon, at Talegaon turn right on NH4 (old Pune-Mum road), go upto Lonavala by NH4 and join Exp Highway at Lonavala.)

Jalna - Aurangabad - Ahmednagar - Shirur - Shikrapur - Chakan - Talegaon - Lonavala - Vashi - Thane

Start Date: 1-Mar-2010 11.15AM
Touchdown at Thane: 1-Mar-2010 8.15PM
Total distance: 443
Avg FE per MID: 21.9 KMPL
Avg FE using tankful Method: 19.9KMPL
Not to mention all the FE figures are with 100% AC usage.

The road throughout is good. Usually around Chakan there is lot of traffic. Being Holi y'day it was OK. Throughout the journey the beauty behaved as expected. Just gorgeous!
After coming back after having 8 hours drive was feeling as if I have just come back from a short movie break. The point is this beauty takes care of you so well that you hardly feel any tiredness or stress after long drives. After the trip the ODO reads 4011KMs.

Question,
During return journey measured the FE using tankful method. After coming to Thane I did the tankful and the FE I got with tankful calculation is 19.9 while the MID was showing 21.9. There is a difference of 2KMPL in the two readings.

I was expecting a difference of less than 1KMPL but 2 is quite significant.

Has anyone done a similar comparison? Appreciate if some of the fellow Linean's can share their FE comparison experience/results.

Last edited by Autocop : 2nd March 2010 at 12:43. Reason: Text change
Old 8th March 2010, 12:56   #36
BHPian

During my 1st service I was promised by SA that he will get Fuel Line cover replaced under warranty. The cover wasn't available in stock and the SA said he will place the order in warranty and call me back for fitting when the cover is ready.

2 weeks went by, no call, I called the SA last week and asked the status. The guys tells me that it can't be covered under warranty. I will have to pay for it from my pocket. I asked him the price. He said he will call back and confirm the exact price. It has been 3 days and still no response.

Have logged a complaint with Fiat Customer Service about the issue.

Fello Linea Owners, Has anyone faced Fuel Line Cover issue? Has it been or should it be covered under warranty? Appreciate if you can share your experiences.
Old 12th March 2010, 17:52   #37
BHPian

I logged a complaint on fiat website on 8-Mar.

Fiat Response after Complaint,

Next day I got a call from their CC asking about the problem. He says the fuel line cover was broken due to impact from a stone or something and hence it was not a normal circumstance. Wont be covered under warranty. I told him I would have no issues if this was told to me during service when the problem was reported. When the problem was reported I was told that it will replaced under warranty. I let him know my unhappiness with the way it was handled. CC guy promises to let his higher ups know about it. I thought the case is closed and was planning to get it replaced/repaired at Balaji.

Next day I got a call from Balaji Motors. The CC rep asks me about the problem and tells me that though it is not covered under warranty Balaji Cars will replace it as a customer goodwill. And she asks me when can I visit the service center for fitting the Fuel Line Cover? I fix Friday 3/12 10AM appointment. 10 Minutes later I get an e-mail from Balaji cars marked to Fiat CC mentioned the details promised by the lady on the phone. 10 minutes later I got a phone call from Fiat CC confirming the same.

Today is Friday 3/12,

I went to Balaji Cars around 10.30AM. After reaching there my car was immediately taken up for Fuel Line Cover fitting. Apart from that the other 2 pending items (Minor Scratch Touch Up and Number Plate Fitting) from 1st service were also addressed. They took my siganture on a piece of paper most probably it was the call closure report. By 12.15PM the car was handed over to me and drove to my office as a satisfied Fiat Customer.

Last edited by Autocop : 12th March 2010 at 17:54. Reason: Change text
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:00   #38

I hope to see more satisfied customers soon. I suppose there were and are plenty of people out there who said and saying a lot of discouraging things about fiat's after sales service. I'd like to think that the way things are going now, who have bought lineas or for that matter any car out of the fiat stable are having the last laugh(touch wood... wouldn't want to eat my own words now would I). Great goin'
Old 21st June 2010, 15:48   #39
BHPian

8K Done

Updating thread after a gap of more than 3 months. Sorry for not keeping it updated. Over the weekend crossed 8K. Its been a pleasant and enjoyable ownership so far with one major hiccough when I met with an accident in March.

Unpleasant Experience about the accident:
I had no idea what was coming my way on the 2nd day of the new year (the day after Gudipadva (Ugadi)). It was a Wed morning and I was on the way to office going by Eastern Express Highway. I was climbing up the famous Teen Hath Naka flyover when a Mitusbishi Cedia in front of me came to a sudden stop on tip of the flyover. I pressed hard and managed to stop within time. After couple of seconds heard Bang! Next moment saw my rear winshield broken to pieces and all glass peices on rear seat.

I came out. Saw the bike and the two riders trying to get back on their feet. The driver of the bike was Ok but the rear passenger had glass scartches on his neck and face. Offered them water to clean their wounds.

Impact Assessment: My assessemnt was that the biker was not attentive and didn't apply beakes at all. I think it was a full speed impact at quite high speed (atleast 50-60 KMPH). After impact the rear passenger as well as driver were up in the air. They landed on rear windshield/boot cover. The drivers helmet impacted against rear winshield (it would have been head if he was not wearing helmet, importance of wearing helmet underscored) and that lead to broken windshield. But thank god both of them were alive and stable! The bike impact at high speed damaged Rear bumper and Boot cover. Later called Thane police station and gave them location of the spot. Traffic cop came to the spot and asked us to move to the service road until the police station cops came in. We then went to police station. Logged a complaint in police station about the incident and I asked them for a FIR to which they said its a minor accident (in Marathi Kirkol Apghat) and they don't provide/get into FIR for such cases. They took license copy of bike driver and asked me to come in the evening to collect the aknowledgement of Complaint. They said using the compaint acknowledgement I can claim the damages from my insurance. The biker didn't have insurance policy docs with him and I insisted him to get his insurance and provide me a copy of the same. His relative got insurance policy docs to the police station we exchanged insurance/RC/Contact numbers copies of each others vehicles. The biker and his relative acknowledged their fault and promised they would help in getting the case settled thru T-party insurance. I drove the vehicle to my TASS(Balaji Cars Thane) accident workshop. They did damage assessemnt and gave me estimate of Rs. 60,000 odd.

The damages: Rear Bumper, Bumper Plate (its a metal plate behind the bumper), Bumper Side Mouldings, Boot Cover, Rear Windshield, Logos/Emblames, Paint, Adhesive and Labour.

I had insurance from Bharti Axa and luckily Balaji had cashless tie-up with Bharti. SA prepared job card and asked me if I want to claim it thru insurance. Told them to get my signature on insurance forms, but, asked them to hold processing until they hear from me (because I had 35% NCB and wanted to explore t-party option to save my NCB). Went home in the noon called biker's insurance company and asked them to settle car damages thru t-party (bike insurance had t-party cover upto 1 lakh rupees). They told me that t-party settlement is done against the Judge's order. Which basically meant that I had to first file a law suit against the biker. Fight the case in the court and after fighting the case, if I win, then whatever Judge orders the company they would settle the damages accordingly. I even consulted a few lawyer friends of mine and they suggested to get the damages claimed thru own insurance. Had no patience/energy to go court route. In the evening called SA to start claim procedure thru Bharti. In the night went to police station and collected Complaint Acknowledgement. Next day morning I got call from SA that surveyor has been appointed and coming in afternoon. Got a call in the evening from SA and gave my liability estimate as Rs.7800 approx. Since the car was hardly 2 months old the metal was 100%, labour is anyway I guess 100% but plastic was 50% covered. Below were the plastic parts,

Rear Bumper
Bumper Side Mouldings
Logos/Emplames
Adhesive

Spoke with the surveyor in the noon and told about the incident. He asked me to provide copy of police complaint which I did (e-mailed scanned copy).

Recovery: Balaji folks started the repair work next day and within 7 working days they completed all the repair work. All required parts were readily available. Following Sautrday after ensuring the vehicle is ready we went to take delivery. That was first time I was seeing the baby after a week. Everything was looking great. The paint had matched perfectly but the shine was missing. They said wax/polish is not done. They told that on a fresh paint they don't do wax/polish immediately. Asked me to come for a wax/polish after a week or so and said shine will be ok after that. The SA gave me the final bill (Rs. 46000 odd) and to my surprise my total liability was Rs. 6800 odd which was 1k less than estimate. Must say that Mr. Khalil the Balaji Accident In-Charge is a very knowledgeable, perfectionist, highly efficient and makes sure the customer is happy. They got the car back very very close to factory condition. Gave him 10/10 for the service. Went after a week for wax/polish and the got the shine back. Also I am very happy with the service provided by Bharti Axa. I would recommend Bharti Axa to those looking for a new/change in insurance.

After using the car for 2-3 months after repair I noticed a few spots on rear bumper/boot cover which are less than perfect (basically in one or two places paint is slightly fade. Not visible from a distance, until you do a very close inspection and comparison). Pointed the same to the SA. They have promised that they will repaint the bumper/boot cover and asked me drop the vehicle anytime. Will wait for monsoon to get over. That would be planned somewhere in Sep/Oct timeframe.

Long Trips covered recently:
Since then have done a couple of long trips
Thane-Jalna-Thane (1000K Approx)
Thane-Nagpur-Thane (2000K Approx)

The max speed tried so far has been 160KMPH on Mum-Pune Exp highway. The beauty remains very stable on highways.

Mileage (with 100% ACC usage):
Highway: 19-22 Kmpl

22 was achieved on Jalna-Thane (450Kms) run with very sedate driving and maintaing constant speeds in 80-90 band.

City: 16-18 Kmpl

Accesories Fitted:

Waxoyl Underbody Protection: Done from TASS for Rs. 3300 during 1st Service in Mar-2010.

3M Sunfilm: In May did the 3M sunfilm (SP50) for Sides and Rear from an authorized 3M shop (Shreyas Motors) in Milan Subway with 2 yrs warranty. Got a 3M warranty card. Total cost: Rs. 1800

Headlight: Finding OEM Headlight insufficient right from begining. Looking for a powerful headlight solution without touching wiring. I guess replacing bulbs is the only option without touching warranty. Suggestions on the same are welcome.

Minor Issue or Not:
Had been getting 'Check Glow Plugs' message on MID. Started early May. Got it checked with TASS and found that it was not an issue as such with glow plugs. They removed the message. Got some advise from SA about Cranking. Further details on the same in MilesAndSmiles ownership thread.

New Learnings:-
I am still learning new things and the different ways to drive this beauty. Earlier I was having to make frequent gear changes in bumper to bumper traffic to move this lady but recently I have started making optimum use of clutch in various gears. That has reduced the gear changes required and the feeling in my mind about sluggishness has gone. Earlier I was releasing full clutch after changing the gear. That used to cause sudden momentum loss and the baby would take sometime to build same momentum in that gear. Now I try to maintain/build the momentum gradually by releasing the clutch gradually while pressing the accelarator down gradually. This helps in getting the turbo in action earlier and that helps in maintaining and builing momentum smoothly.
Old 22nd June 2010, 03:29   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Hello Sir..
no the front window is not locked in my linea too....
the power window lock is for rear windows only..
almost in all cars only rear window is locked.....
Old 22nd June 2010, 03:34   #41
BHPian

i have never receive 'Check Glow Plugs' message till now.. its being over 6 months + 5K drive.....
be sure to Cranking the engine after spark light + engine light gets off in speedometer .& Cranking the engine without acceleration.....
Old 22nd June 2010, 10:56   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Long Trips covered recently:
Since then have done a couple of long trips
Thane-Jalna-Thane (1000K Approx)
Thane-Nagpur-Thane (2000K Approx)

The max speed tried so far has been 160KMPH on Mum-Pune Exp highway. The beauty remains very stable on highways.

Mileage (with 100% ACC usage):
Highway: 19-22 Kmpl

22 was achieved on Jalna-Thane (450Kms) run with very sedate driving and maintaing constant speeds in 80-90 band.

City: 16-18 Kmpl
Great mileage you are getting on such a huge car! Must be very satisfying with such low fuel bills.

I will probably drop the idea of getting a petrol sedan and settle for a diesel for my next car (In the next few months). Linea is high on my list. But will wait for the Vento pricing.
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:32   #43
BHPian

Thanks for compliment! Yes, quite satisfied with the mileage I am getting. The good thing about diesel is its pleasing to see your fuel bills compared to petrol but for that you pay abt 1 lakh more upfront. Depends on M-factor and usage. If usage is less than 1K per month then Petrol is better.

Vento option wasn't available for me but it's always good have options to choose from. If you are looking for a Diesel in 9-10lakh range I would recommend Linea Diesel Emotion Pack. It's a solid VFM car loaded with excellent features and beautiful looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
Great mileage you are getting on such a huge car! Must be very satisfying with such low fuel bills.

I will probably drop the idea of getting a petrol sedan and settle for a diesel for my next car (In the next few months). Linea is high on my list. But will wait for the Vento pricing.
Vikram, Good you haven't got the message as you are using the right cranking procedure. Keep it up. Enjoy your ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram999 View Post
i have never receive 'Check Glow Plugs' message till now.. its being over 6 months + 5K drive.....
be sure to Cranking the engine after spark light + engine light gets off in speedometer .& Cranking the engine without acceleration.....
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:34   #44
BHPian

hey buddy

Nice review of your linea.
Good to know that you are fully satisfied with its performance.
I stay at thane too on pokhran rd no.2
What about you?
Old 23rd June 2010, 14:47   #45
BANNED

One question Sir, what speeds do you maintain on the highway and with how many people usually?

Any GC issues that you have faced??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks