Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:52   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Proud Owner - F. Red Fiat Linea MJD E-Pack

The car looks shining as new! Happy to know that your Linea is serving you great. From almost all Fiat ownership threads, I get a feeling that Fiat is extravagant with replacement under warranty. That's a good sign & a gesture to improve their mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram999 View Post
no the front window is not locked in my linea too....the power window lock is for rear windows only..
almost in all cars only rear window is locked.....
I guess ideally the power window lock button should lock all windows except the driver side. Probably it's designed for Linea to lock only the rear windows. Swift has a design where it locks all windows other than the driver's.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:26   #92
BHPian

Thanks for compliments!

Good to see them honouring due warranty replacements more proactively. Hope this practice is followed consitantantly across all the service shops and helps creating better image for Fiat.

Going thru the latest sales figures and it's disappointing to see the numbers. She alone deserves atleast 1K a month. Disappointing to see lack of response, lack of marketing and lack of confidence building measures from Tata/Fiat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The car looks shining as new! Happy to know that your Linea is serving you great. From almost all Fiat ownership threads, I get a feeling that Fiat is extravagant with replacement under warranty. That's a good sign & a gesture to improve their mistakes.
Old 23rd November 2011, 10:34   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

I guess ideally the power window lock button should lock all windows except the driver side. Probably it's designed for Linea to lock only the rear windows. Swift has a design where it locks all windows other than the driver's.
Its a typical thing with FIAT as even my Palio used to lock only the rear windows when pressed the button.
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 13:17   #94
BHPian

While passing thru Ranjangaon on my recent visit to Jalna saw at least 3-4 Linea and Punto (fresh from factory) on the other side of the road on both occasions. Most probably the cars were getting moved to dealer stockyard in Ahmednagar and Pune (where I guess the dearler deliveries happen by road).

More importantly, all of them in white color with a black hood on top (instead of usual white). Not sure if this is something in pipeline for 2012 facelift for both?

The combination was looking was quite stunning. Hope Tata/Fiat is seriously doing something special to revive the fortunes of both Linea and Punto and Fiat Brand.
Autocop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 16:47   #95
BHPian

Went to Mahabaleshwar over the weekend. Left Saturday early morning and returned home Monday night. The weather all the way was beautiful. The car was loaded to its capacity with 4 adults and 3 kids onboard.

For this trip, had decided to cut loose a bit without worrying about FE. Below is the route taken to Mahabaleshwar,

Start from Thane
Thane belapur road upto Panvel
Mum-Pune express highway upto Pune
NH4 upto Wai
Took a right on NH4 towards Mahabaleshwar

During forward journey, registered my top most speed (175 KMPH) so far and otherwise a consitant 3 digit figures upto Wai. The driving was sheer fun. The drive thru pasarne Ghat section was just wonderful. It took us about 4 1/2 hours to reach Mahabaleshwar.

During return journey, the same tempo continued. From Wai it took us 3 hours to return back to Thane. A Mercedes CDI driving in excess of 150 was the only vehicle that could overtake us right thru the journey.

The stay in Mahabaleshwar was wonderful. Weather was extremly beautiful. Visited following spot in Mahabaleshwar,

Lodwick Point
Elephant Head Point
Venna Lake (took a boat ride for an hour)
Old Mahabaleshwar Temple
Origin of Five Rivers (Krishna, Panchaganga, Venna.... )
Market
Fun Fair near Venna Lake
Monkey Point
Marzori Point
Arthur Seat Point
Echo Point
Mapro Chocolate Factory (had delicious Pizza, Sandwiches, Straberry Ice-Cream for lunch . Also purchased Jams, Chocolates, Crushes etc. This place is a must visit.)
Mapro Jam/Candy Factory
Wai Ganapati Temple (a must see temple. Very very unique and beautiful Ganesh Idol and nice robust stone construction of the temple.)

Enjoyed delicious food at hotel and straberries. The straberry season has just started and this is the right time to pay a visit to Mahabaleshwar. Overall Mahabaleshwar is a very nice spot to visit near Mumbai/Pune. This was our first visit. There are lots of things to look around that we couldn't cover and another slightly longer trip would be worth sometime in future.

Minor repairs and Preventive Maintenance Update:-
While returning back from Mahabaleshwar, the rear left power window got stuck down. Visited the Fortune Cars Thane yesterday. The power window winder had gone Kaput. It was replaced under warranty. Asked them to check the fluids and condition of Brake Pads. The SA mentioned brake pads need replacement. Had done 39500 Kms and knowing fellow punto/linea owners experience, was expecting this. Got the brake pads replaced alongwith full brake servicing (including rear drum and liner cleaning with sandpaper) done. The total cost Rs.3500 (2700 for pads + 800 labour for service).
Old 14th May 2012, 13:10   #96
BHPian

My Linea went for 45K Scheduled Service on Saturday. Chose Fortune Cars, Thane this time. Had taken prior appointment for 9.30.

List of Jobs/Issues:
Regular 45 K Service
Noise from front Suspension
Lubrication of all power windows and windors (recommended by me, with paid labor)
AC Filter Clean-up

Timeline:
9.35PM Reached the workshop around. Was attended by SA after 45 mins or so. Went for a short drive with SA to understand the suspension noise. Had advised SA I would like to witness all the filter/oil replacements. Jobcard (with above points) was prepared. The car was taken only to find all the bays have been occupied.

12PM finally a bay got available. All the oil/filter replacements were done and witnessed by me. Although the Oil was displaced thru a can, believe it was loose oil, since the can was not sealed. Later confirmed with a SA and he told that only 3.3L oil is required and same has been issued by stores in the used selenia can. It was 1PM and lunch time by the time the oil/filter replacements were done.

2PM I also went for lunch and camback around 2.15PM, only to find the vehicle unattended. Called SA and then he came running with a person to do the lubrication of all PW. This person did it for Driver side window and vanished. I noticed this and again called the SA, he then got another guy. This person completed the job for remaining 3 windows. It was almost 4.30PM by then. THe washing area was getting busy.

4.30PM The vehicle was taken for washing. I witnessed the wash and it was done very thoroughly.

5.30PM Went to the SA, the bill was ready. Settled the bill and started driving back only to realize the A/C Filter Clean Up and Service Reminder Reset. Called the SA he admitted only this much could be done due to heavy Saturday load. I wanted to get the Service reminder reset done anyway, confirmed same with SA. Went back to shop and got the reminder set for 60K service. Told him that I will come later for A/C Filter clean-up.

Overall, I am happy to get the service given the Tata-Fait break-up for Fiat sales/service. But, for a 9 lakh rupee car, I expect better experience.

Hope the proposed Fiat only service shops address this aspect.

Cheers for now, Take care...
Old 14th May 2012, 14:36   #97
BHPian

My Linea went for 45K Scheduled Service on Saturday. Chose Fortune Cars, Thane this time. Had taken prior appointment for 9.30.

List of Jobs/Issues:
Regular 45 K Service
Noise from front Suspension
Lubrication of all power windows and windors (recommended by me, with paid labor)
AC Filter Clean-up

Timeline:
9.35PM Reached the workshop around. Was attended by SA after 45 mins or so. Went for a short drive with SA to understand the suspension noise. Had advised SA I would like to witness all the filter/oil replacements. Jobcard (with above points) was prepared. The car was taken only to find all the bays have been occupied.

12PM finally a bay got available. All the oil/filter replacements were done and witnessed by me. Although the Oil was displaced thru a can, believe it was loose oil, since the can was not sealed. Later confirmed with a SA and he told that only 3.3L oil is required and same has been issued by stores in the used selenia can. It was 1PM and lunch time by the time the oil/filter replacements were done.

2PM I also went for lunch and camback around 2.15PM, only to find the vehicle unattended. Called SA and then he came running with a person to do the lubrication of all PW. This person did it for Driver side window and vanished. I noticed this and again called the SA, he then got another guy. This person completed the job for remaining 3 windows. It was almost 4.30PM by then. THe washing area was getting busy.

4.30PM The vehicle was taken for washing. I witnessed the wash and it was done very thoroughly.

5.30PM Went to the SA, the bill was ready. Settled the bill and started driving back only to realize the A/C Filter Clean Up and Service Reminder Reset was not. Called the SA he admitted only this much could be done due to heavy Saturday load. He said A/C filter clean-up would not be possible today. He was not aware about the Service Reminder reset done for Fiat vehicles using a Fiat provided diagnostic computer. He confirmed the computer is available and told him I am coming back to get the Service reminder reset done. SA confirmed. Drove back to the shop and got the reminder set for 60K service. Told him that I will come later for A/C Filter clean-up.

The Total bill was Rs. 7380. Below is the break-up,
1909 engine oil
365 oil filter
1822 diesel filter
267 air filter
244 coolant top-up 1 litre
1250 labour 45K service (labor is way too high for the work done)
650 labour for power windows lubrication work (labor is way too high)

Overall, I am happy to atleast get the service given the Tata-Fait break-up for Fiat sales/service. But, for a 9 lakh rupee car, I expect better service experience.

Hope the proposed Fiat only service shops address this aspect.

Cheers for now, Take care...

@MODS, Sorry for repeat post. Could not edit the post #96 since 30 mins had gone by. Request you to please delete post #96 from the thread.

Last edited by Autocop : 14th May 2012 at 14:39. Reason: add note for MODS at the bottom
Old 14th May 2012, 19:44   #98
BHPian

Ownership Experience at 45K:
Apart from the routine service and maintenance, there is no issue with the car. 15K service intervals is such a wonderful feature and big relief. Saves a lot of time and adds to the overall ownership experience.

Did Thane-Nagpur-Thane 2000 Kms trip in the 1st week of May. Thane - Nagpur stretch was covered in a single day, after contineous drive for more than 14-15 hrs didn't feel any pain in leg/back. Thanks to the solid build and nice suspension!

Received FE of 22.3 KMPL for the forward journey. It costed less than 5000 bucks on the fuel bills for the entire trip, with loads of driving pleasure. What else do you want?

The car makes me feel proud everytime I look at it or take it for drive. It's a true VFM product from FIAT, mainly underrated due to the history of brand FIAT in India.

Routine work expected in near future:

The stock tyres have served me well so far for the 45K KMs. There is still a few millimeters of grip left on the tyres. Should go for another 5K. Planning to get it done before 55K.

My tyres have always been Nitrogen filled, I think it has contributed in helping enhance the tyre life. For last 2 years or so, the pressure has been constant 33 PSI.

Looking Into The Future:
In a bid to resurrect its image and build customer confidence, FIAT has taken the risk and bold move to setup it's own Sales and Service shops. Being a FIAT owner I welcome and support this move from FIAT.

FIAT brand/owners deserves dedicated sales/service and happy they are getting the due attention. Despite poor sales FIAT taking this decision is commendable. Hope this works well for the brand/owners and helps in sales growth. Good luck FIAT!
Old 27th August 2012, 14:17   #99
BHPian

Had done 49000 Kms and had been looking for a new pair of shoes for my Linea since last few months. Last weekend my Fiat Linea got new shoes. After a bit of research finalized upon Bridgestone Turanza ER300. Upgraded tire size from 195 60/R15 to 195 65/R15 size.

1) Deal and Price break up

4 Brand New Bridgestone Turanza 195 65/R15 tyres (Rs. 5400 per tyre)
Wheel Alignment (Included in tyre price)
Wheel Balancing (Included in tyre price, but was charged about Rs. 400 for the weights)
Nitrogen Filled in all tyres (Included in Tyre price)

The change was done at Mayur Tyres (in Thane on Ghodbunder Road near Waghbil Naka).

Dearler refused any discount/buy-back for the used Goodyear GT3s. By that time new tyres were already installed and it was too late, hence just left those with the dealer. Something to consider for future purchases.

Since the spare tyre was not used at all decided to retain it. Dealer said it should be fine for temporary usage for few hundred KMs.

Total Expense:- Rs. 22,000

2) Why Bridgestone?

Michelin and Bridgestone were on my choice list.

Local Manufacturing and Design:- Bridgestone makes tyres in India (at Indore, MP). Hence, believe the tyres manufactured are obviously designed to suit India conditions. As against this, Michelins are imported. I was informed that the Original Michelin tyres from europe are really good, however, the ones imported/sold in India mostly come from China and Tiawan.

Cheaper Price:- Bridgestone is cheaper by almost Rs500-600 per tyre.

After comparing Bridgestone seemed a more logical choice.

3) Experience after Tyre Upgrade

+ves

- Ride Quality and Handling has improved. The same suspension seems a lot of more mature.
- A small change in tyre size has done wonders to the GC. The potholes, speed breakers where the car bottom would touch earlier, is no more an issue. Have not had any bottom scrapping since the tyre change. Its a major improvement
- The cabin feels extremly silent after the tyre change.

It's just amazing what a tyre change can do. Feeling like a mini transformation of the beauty.

-ve

Normal driving at city/highway speeds is perfectly fine and the extra rubber offered by 195 65/R15 does provide wonderful cushioning and offers other +ves mentioned above. However, on the flip side while taking sharp turns at very slow/parking speeds, the front tyres touch the wheel well and front bumper. Due to this believe the front bumper has moved out a little bit from one of the ends. Hence, one has to be extra careful. Instead of parking in one manuovre, have learnt to park in may be two or three manuovres.

4) Overall Experience:-

Overall I am very happy with the Brand (Bridgestone) and the upgrade decision.

Hope this experience would help fellow Linean's make an informed decision about future tyre change/upgrade.
Old 1st October 2012, 16:46   #100
BHPian

My Linea is 2.8 yrs old (has done 51K KMs so far) and since last few days I am observing following issues with AC.

1) Cooling had become ineffective (however, after cleaning the A/C Filter this has been sorted.)

2) Noise/Vibration coming from A /C Vents with blower speed in excess of 50%

3) Compressor makes huge vibrations, a. when dealing with Bumper-To-Bumber crawling traffic with A/C on for more than 15-20 mins, b. when running full blown a/c at highway speeds (Diagnosis:- got the OEM battery gravity/charging checked few days back, the battery has been daignosed to be weak and nearing end of life. When dealing with B2B traffic, believe compressor tries to extract power from battery which battery can't manage.. Hence this issue. I believe battery change should sort both 3a & 3b. For now, I am delaying battery change because very occasionally am required to deal with B2B traffic.)

I would like to sort out issue #2 above and validate issue #3 above, also, somewhere I believe its better to do full AC Cleaning/Servicing, to improve cooling further and for overall well-being of A/C system.

A) Appreciate if fellow Linea/Punto owners can share their experience/suggestions dealing with similar issues.

B) Appreciate if fellow BHPians can suggest knowledgable/reliable AC Servicing Workshops in Thane/Mumbai area.
Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2012, 12:05   #101
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
My Linea is 2.8 yrs old (has done 51K KMs so far) and since last few days I am observing following issues with AC.

1) Cooling had become ineffective (however, after cleaning the A/C Filter this has been sorted.)

2) Noise/Vibration coming from A /C Vents with blower speed in excess of 50%

3) Compressor makes huge vibrations, a. when dealing with Bumper-To-Bumber crawling traffic with A/C on for more than 15-20 mins, b. when running full blown a/c at highway speeds (Diagnosis:- got the OEM battery gravity/charging checked few days back, the battery has been daignosed to be weak and nearing end of life. When dealing with B2B traffic, believe compressor tries to extract power from battery which battery can't manage.. Hence this issue. I believe battery change should sort both 3a & 3b. For now, I am delaying battery change because very occasionally am required to deal with B2B traffic.)

I would like to sort out issue #2 above and validate issue #3 above, also, somewhere I believe its better to do full AC Cleaning/Servicing, to improve cooling further and for overall well-being of A/C system.
I guess, As you already have clocked 55K kms, you should get the complete AC setup checked. also ensure that the AC gas level is according to the standard.

I know that, there wont be any leakages in AC gas as the car is made by FIAT. My car is 6 years old and there is no problem from AC till date.

I hope its a minor issue. Get it checked and enjoy the beauty.

Old 20th November 2012, 12:27   #102
BHPian

Me and Family (including My Linea ) had been to Nagpur for Diwali. As always choose Thane-Talegaon-Chakan-Ahmednagar-Aurangabad-Jalna-Karanja-Pulgaon-Wardha-Nagpur route and same route for return journey.

While going to Nagpur (being Diwali Weekend) was stuck in multiple traffic jams and had to engage in spirited driving on open roads to catch-up with time. As a result FE took a hit. Forward Journey Stats,

Avg FE:- 20.5
Distance :- 860 KMs.

While in Nagpur went for a one day picnic to Jamsavli (Hanuman Temple) and Khekra Nala (dam near Saoner) with family/relatives. It was my first outing surrounding Nagpur after long long time. Was impressed with the winding rural roads, greenary and natural beauty. We did encouter rough pacthes in between and Linea swallowed those with relative ease, thanks to wonderful ride. Linea bottomed only twice during entire trip, thanks for tyre upsize. The google voice-assisted Navigation (on my HTC Wildfire) worked very well in guiding us to both picnic destinations and back to Nagpur.

Was lucky to get relatively empty roads while returning back to Thane. As a result FE improved. Return journey stats,

Avg FE:- 23.1
Distance:- 860 KMs
Avg Speed:- 62 Km/hr
Driving Time:- 13 Hrs 11 Mins

Cheers
Autocop is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2012, 12:52   #103
BHPian

Hey congrats on ur new linea....I just bought the 2012 Linea about a month back....just wanted to ask Linea owners about the suspension of the car ....I noticed that whenever I go on a rough patch of road there is a thud noise at the rear....has anyone faced this problem? Or is the thud sound normal? How to rectify?
Old 20th November 2012, 17:34   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
Hey congrats on ur new linea....I just bought the 2012 Linea about a month back....just wanted to ask Linea owners about the suspension of the car ....I noticed that whenever I go on a rough patch of road there is a thud noise at the rear....has anyone faced this problem? Or is the thud sound normal? How to rectify?
Thud noise would come, if you let her freely fall into a pothole or if you are going at a higher than appropriate speed while going over a large pothole/speedbraker.

If one can modulate the speed by judicious use of clutch/accel she literally glides over most rough roads.
Old 20th November 2012, 17:47   #105
BHPian

Just out of curiosity, are you doing coolant topups or coolant replacement? You should be getting the entire coolant drained then the plumbing cleaned with a bit of distilled water and then replace the complete coolant. Fiat cars are known for a bit of rusting with the coolant plumbing and could cause serious issues. I have faced them myself.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks