Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2011, 19:09   #241
BHPian

Re: My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.

Congratulations on the ICE upgrade. Even without asking you, I can safely assume that you'll be enjoying the music in a much better way.

Did you use a wiring kit? Does changing/ adding speakers without cutting the wires void the warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
I've heard Punto's stock ICE, seems decent. How would you rate the current ones over the stock, say out of 5?
I disagree with you Cartman. Though the Blaupunkt HU is excellent, the speakers are real crap. If you're an audiophile, speaker upgrade is a must.

FYI, Sumit owns a Fiat Punto Active and it does not come with stock HU and speakers. I'm afraid that he might not be able to give a comparison with the stock ICE.
Old 26th January 2011, 19:13   #242
BHPian

Re: My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Brain View Post
Congratulations on the ICE upgrade. Even without asking you, I can safely assume that you'll be enjoying the music in a much better way.

Did you use a wiring kit? Does changing/ adding speakers without cutting the wires void the warranty?

I disagree with you Cartman. Though the Blaupunkt HU is excellent, the speakers are real crap. If you're an audiophile, speaker upgrade is a must.

FYI, Sumit owns a Fiat Punto Active and it does not come with stock HU and speakers. I'm afraid that he might not be able to give a comparison with the stock ICE.
These components are still to be installed. Just bought them today.
Will review them soon after install, which would probably happen this weekend.
Coming from JBL, the difference is going to enormous.

Yes, I own a Active model, which does not come with the Stock ICE.
But, I have heard the stock system. From whatever I have heard, its pretty basic.

No wires would be cut for the installation. I have used the JBL wiring kit for my previous install. I am not gonna change the wiring.

Last edited by SumitBahl : 26th January 2011 at 19:15.
Old 26th January 2011, 21:13   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surviving Brain View Post

I've been through the thread and I know that Sumit here owns a Punto Active. I said the quality is decent. It is enough to please normal ears. For an audiophile, maybe not. Agree with you on that point.

I was hoping he had heard stock ICE on some other Puntos (which he has) and maybe could give a comparo. I know the current ones will be way better, but wanted to know his verdict.

Cheers,

Cartman!
Old 27th January 2011, 11:00   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
I've been through the thread and I know that Sumit here owns a Punto Active. I said the quality is decent. It is enough to please normal ears. For an audiophile, maybe not. Agree with you on that point.

I was hoping he had heard stock ICE on some other Puntos (which he has) and maybe could give a comparo. I know the current ones will be way better, but wanted to know his verdict.

Cheers,

Cartman!
Even for the normal ears, I would recommend a speaker change.
HU is ok, speakers are really bad.

You dont need to cut any wires for changing the speakers.

Anyways, it could differ from person to person.

If you are satisfied with the current setup, then keep it stock.
Old 1st February 2011, 00:20   #245
BHPian

Hey Sumit,

longtime champ...so I see you have new gear for the car.
Last checked, the infinity comps were doing a good job, what prompted the movement to rainbows.

a. Whats the cost of rainbows (front comps) ? I noticed the INR 22,100 on the box, which kinda blew me for a moment !!
b. Whats the difference in sound that prompted you to move to rainbows ?

I'm looking to get front comps done to my car by the end of the week, don't have much of a budget 6K odd (might stretch it to 8K for something mindblowingly better). Any suggestions ?
Old 1st February 2011, 10:36   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Hey Sumit,

longtime champ...so I see you have new gear for the car.
Last checked, the infinity comps were doing a good job, what prompted the movement to rainbows.

a. Whats the cost of rainbows (front comps) ? I noticed the INR 22,100 on the box, which kinda blew me for a moment !!
b. Whats the difference in sound that prompted you to move to rainbows ?

I'm looking to get front comps done to my car by the end of the week, don't have much of a budget 6K odd (might stretch it to 8K for something mindblowingly better). Any suggestions ?
The JBL components were too bright.
Rainbows are easy on ears and very very high on detail.

Mine are SoundLine series and I bought them for 21k.

The rainbow components (6.5") start from 9k and go upto 11 lacs.

I would suggest you to go for:
Rainbow SLG265T (SLG265 TITAN) 6.5" 2-Way, the price is around Rs. 9k.

Do try them out before going in for other options.
Old 2nd February 2011, 00:03   #247
BHPian

Yea, I'm considering Rainbow Titans(I'm told 8K) will audition them soon this week .

Any particular reason for upgrading to Soundline ? is the diffrence in cost audible in sound quality improvement ? Do post some install pics please. I wanna see how the door panel looks after the speaker fitment

Another question, are you placing the tweeters on the dash or in the in-door tweeter slot (along with door opener) ?

Last edited by better4worse : 2nd February 2011 at 00:07.
Old 2nd February 2011, 09:21   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Yea, I'm considering Rainbow Titans(I'm told 8K) will audition them soon this week .

Any particular reason for upgrading to Soundline ? is the diffrence in cost audible in sound quality improvement ? Do post some install pics please. I wanna see how the door panel looks after the speaker fitment

Another question, are you placing the tweeters on the dash or in the in-door tweeter slot (along with door opener) ?
8k is a good price.
I do not have step by step pictures of the install, I just have a few. Attaching them with this post.

I have installed the tweeters on the dash. Its apparently better on the dash according to the experts (abhishek ).

And the door pads look stock after installation.

My amp and crossovers are bolted on the back of the rear seat.

I will click more pictures once I get my car cleaned and then post it here.
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011012800038.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011012800039.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011012800040.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011012800041.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011012800042.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2011, 00:12   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
8k is a good price.
I do not have step by step pictures of the install, I just have a few. Attaching them with this post.

I have installed the tweeters on the dash. Its apparently better on the dash according to the experts (abhishek ).

And the door pads look stock after installation.

My amp and crossovers are bolted on the back of the rear seat.

I will click more pictures once I get my car cleaned and then post it here.

Cool, thanks for the early pics and will wait for the final ones, pics of the tweeters on the dash as well please!

Give us your take on the sound from the high end rainbows (relatively speaking).

How much did the damping cost you ? any specific brand ?
Old 10th February 2011, 22:19   #250
BHPian

A small update.
Finally installed the rear ABARTH badge on my punto.

Here are a few pics:
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011020900019.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011020900021.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img2011020900022.jpg  

Old 11th February 2011, 06:46   #251

OOOOh this looks Perfect!! Get the "Powered by Abarth" badge if you can too.
Old 11th February 2011, 16:57   #252
BHPian

Looks sweet sumit.A Teambhp sticker would be perfect.Any other mods planned?
But I also love the classy fiat logo.
@ cyrus
Great sugestion ,man.
Cheers
Sreehari
Old 11th February 2011, 23:59   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
OOOOh this looks Perfect!! Get the "Powered by Abarth" badge if you can too.
Are you talking about this one:
Chrome POWERED BY ABARTH Car Badge Fiat 500 Punto Stilo on eBay (end time 18-Feb-11 11:24:23 GMT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Looks sweet sumit.A Teambhp sticker would be perfect.Any other mods planned?
But I also love the classy fiat logo.
@ cyrus
Great sugestion ,man.
Cheers
Sreehari
I had a TBHP sticker, but someone flicked it.
Anyhow, I prefer the cleaner look, I have even removed the PUNTO and ACTIVE badge from the rear as well.

Next in line the Amplifier upgrade (possibly a genesis or id or DD).

Still in hunt for some decent alloy wheels.
Old 12th February 2011, 00:04   #254
Senior - BHPian

The Abarth badge does look good, I also like the de-badged look at the rear. Well done!
How's the car doing otherwise?
Old 12th February 2011, 00:08   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post
The Abarth badge does look good, I also like the de-badged look at the rear. Well done!
How's the car doing otherwise?
Car is doing good.
Last summer I faced a lot of problem with the AC.
TASS guys are not replacing the kit on diesel cars, I might have to contact FIAT to get them to change my compressor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks