Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 12:22   #211
BHPian

I too love those abarth wheels, but they are pretty expensive.
Fiat website lists them at around 1.7L.

They are available on eBay for lesser amount, but who could carry 4 wheels for me from UK.

Also, they 17 inchers, not good for Indian roads.

As for the interiors, I will get seat covers installed somewhere next year. I have planned for leather wrapped steering wheel and momo gear knob. Lets see when that happens.

The next upgrade is iD CTX 12" sub. It should be installed by end of this month.
Old 10th September 2010, 22:33   #212
BHPian

Bad news :(

The bad news is, the rear one is smaller than what we have in Indian Punto.
Front is bigger than what we have.
Although, I was able to fit the front one, the holes and screw are perfect fit. The emblem sits on top of the circumference of the space provided for logo. But, its looks just fine.

The latches on the rear do not match.

I am attaching the picture of the front logo:
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img00219201009100932.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img00220201009100932.jpg  

Last edited by SumitBahl : 10th September 2010 at 22:34.
Old 10th September 2010, 22:46   #213
Senior - BHPian

Looks cool at the front!

Today, I came to the market in your sector and went through the main road in front of your home while returning, as usual. I was disappointed to see the Fiat logo on the rear of your GP. Was expecting Abarth logo.
Now I know why you still got that. Anyways, I'm sure you will be able to have some way to get the rear one fixed as well. The Abarth logo looks cool on the front grill, "The Scorpion King".

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 10th September 2010 at 22:47.
Old 10th September 2010, 22:49   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Today, I came to the market in your sector and went through the main road in front of your home while returning, as usual. I was disappointed to see the Fiat logo on the rear of your GP. Was expecting Abarth logo.
Now I know why you still got that. Anyways, I'm sure you will be able to have some way to get the rear one fixed as well. The Abarth logo looks cool on the front grill, "The Scorpion King".
I will try to fit it at the rear.
Lets see...

You should drop by to say hi next time you pass.
Old 16th September 2010, 00:45   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Today I bought the recently launched Central Locking for the ACTIVE model by FIAT india.
Did not have time to get it installed, so I bought the central locking with me. I will go there in couple of days to get it installed. They were saying it would take around 4-5 hours to install it.

Here are a few pictures:
Hey Sumit,

Bro, I need a clarification here is the central locking you have procured from FIAT. Is it basically an AUTOCOP device rebranded as FIAT ? Does the main circuit box(black) have AUTO COP etched out on it ?
Old 16th September 2010, 16:27   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by better4worse View Post
Hey Sumit,

Bro, I need a clarification here is the central locking you have procured from FIAT. Is it basically an AUTOCOP device rebranded as FIAT ? Does the main circuit box(black) have AUTO COP etched out on it ?
You are right, the central locking is basically AUTOCOP, re-branded as FIAT.
I dont remember if that black box had autocop etched on it.
But, be assured, its AUTOCOP.

Similarly, the new seat covers on FIAT India website are AUTOFORM, re-branded as FIAT.
Old 16th September 2010, 16:45   #217
BHPian

Quote:
You are right, the central locking is basically AUTOCOP, re-branded as FIAT.
I dont remember if that black box had autocop etched on it.
But, be assured, its AUTOCOP.

Similarly, the new seat covers on FIAT India website are AUTOFORM, re-branded as FIAT.
Absolutely shameless !

FIAT...they scare us with a dozen warranty void scenarios, make us wait for the device for months only to give us rebranded AutoCop which we could have bought ourselves from the market at half the price. Look at the irony... on one level it hurts because of the above mentioned on another you feel good /satisfied for at least its going to be decent quality device for a 10 K item.

PS: I just spoke to the guy at the dealership , they seem to have finally received the package, I am getting mine tomorrow . How much time did it take to do the install ? These guys are saying it takes the entire day to install the same !!!

Last edited by better4worse : 16th September 2010 at 16:54.
Old 16th September 2010, 16:50   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely shameless !

FIAT...they scare us with a dozen warranty void scenarios, make us wait for the device for months only to give us rebranded AutoCop which we could have bought ourselves from the market at half the price. Look at the irony... on one level it hurts because of the above mentioned on another you feel good /satisfied for at least its going to be decent quality device for a 10 K item.
The CL kit includes 4 Acutators and direct fit jacks for wiring in the car, which are not available outside. Punto's wiring and jacks are very different from normal cars.
You wont have to cut any wires to fit the central locking.

The central locking was installed by AUTOCOP engineers and they would be providing the supprot for this product.
Old 16th September 2010, 17:42   #219
BHPian

Quote:
The CL kit includes 4 Acutators and direct fit jacks for wiring in the car, which are not available outside. Punto's wiring and jacks are very different from normal cars.
You wont have to cut any wires to fit the central locking.

The central locking was installed by AUTOCOP engineers and they would be providing the supprot for this product.

Actuators (if I understand them right) are no big deal, I got them with the Auto Cop (full set) for my Wagon R for 3.5K that too good 5 yrs ago. Moreover the actuators and couplers would not have changed from Emo, Emo Pack & Dynamic to Active in Punto, so they would already have them in their inventory. What was missing was the black circuit box and pocket locking devices, which they were already sourcing from Autocop for dynamic model. So quite frankly the FIAT guys had the parts and knew how to piece them together, makes you wonder what took them so long.
Old 16th September 2010, 18:39   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So quite frankly the FIAT guys had the parts and knew how to piece them together, makes you wonder what took them so long.
I'm not sure whether door open warning works with aftermarket auto cops or not but with Fiat's Central Locking, now the MID shows specific door open warning on the MID for all four doors. I guess it should offer more than what after market ones offer.
Also, Fiat askd for higher prices just like all other companies. e.g. ZX150 Navigator from MMI costs 22.8K which is higher than the market price.
Old 16th September 2010, 20:33   #221
BHPian

Quote:
I'm not sure whether door open warning works with aftermarket auto cops or not but with Fiat's Central Locking, now the MID shows specific door open warning on the MID for all four doors. I guess it should offer more than what after market ones offer.
Also, Fiat askd for higher prices just like all other companies. e.g. ZX150 Navigator from MMI costs 22.8K which is higher than the market price.
Agreed, I'll see if that is the case when I turn up for my installation tomorrow. Yes, FIAT is no different when it comes to prices for such stuff in the accessory, but its definitely not very inspiring from a company struggling to sell even a 1000 Punto's a month.

@Sumit - Think I missed putting this in my previous posts, noticed the 'Abarth' on your stallion ! Looks super cool ...keep at it with the Mods !
I dont think you've driven any bit with 14" tyres , I just find mine pretty sensitive to air pressure, the car bounces and the much talked abt superior 'ride' factor disappears. IMHO from whatever little of Emo Pack Punto I have driven , I think with the 15" tyres the ride is so much better.

Last edited by better4worse : 16th September 2010 at 20:38.
Old 17th September 2010, 23:00   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Actuators (if I understand them right) are no big deal, I got them with the Auto Cop (full set) for my Wagon R for 3.5K that too good 5 yrs ago. Moreover the actuators and couplers would not have changed from Emo, Emo Pack & Dynamic to Active in Punto, so they would already have them in their inventory. What was missing was the black circuit box and pocket locking devices, which they were already sourcing from Autocop for dynamic model. So quite frankly the FIAT guys had the parts and knew how to piece them together, makes you wonder what took them so long.
Acutators is no big deal, but they were not available from outside. That was the whole problem.

But, I agree with you, FIAT should have come up with the central locking right at the launch of the car. It was no rocket science.

Quote:
Ajar warning works, but it does not show specifically which door is open. It just show a sign which tell you that one of the doors is not locked.

Quote:
Agreed, I'll see if that is the case when I turn up for my installation tomorrow. Yes, FIAT is no different when it comes to prices for such stuff in the accessory, but its definitely not very inspiring from a company struggling to sell even a 1000 Punto's a month.

@Sumit - Think I missed putting this in my previous posts, noticed the 'Abarth' on your stallion ! Looks super cool ...keep at it with the Mods !
I dont think you've driven any bit with 14" tyres , I just find mine pretty sensitive to air pressure, the car bounces and the much talked abt superior 'ride' factor disappears. IMHO from whatever little of Emo Pack Punto I have driven , I think with the 15" tyres the ride is so much better.
Best of luck with the installation. Make sure that you get the original central locking and the manual says "Punto Active" and there is an embossed FIAT logo at the back of the remote.

Just read a couple of days ago that some T.A.S.S guys at Mumbai fitted some generic TATA central locking on Punto Active and charged him 10k + 0.5k (installation).

Thanks for your comments, ABARTH logo is wicked.

I drove Punto with 14" tyres for not more than 100 kms and I cannot recollect any bumpiness on 14 inchers. I do not remember at all.

Having said that, grip levels are so much better with 15 inch tyres.
Old 18th September 2010, 02:33   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Best of luck with the installation. Make sure that you get the original central locking and the manual says "Punto Active" and there is an embossed FIAT logo at the back of the remote.

Just read a couple of days ago that some T.A.S.S guys at Mumbai fitted some generic TATA central locking on Punto Active and charged him 10k + 0.5k (installation).
Tuff luck for me today, drove 30 kms to the dealership with an hour extra wasted thanks to the CWG mess. Upon reaching I was informed the last device kit left has faulty circuit box hence would be sent back to FIAT for replacement and they don't have anymore kits to install. I just can't believe my luck with FIAT....nothing comes easy.

Thanks for the tip though but I think the way its going, I'll have to travel to Chandigarh to get my kit done.

Quote:
I drove Punto with 14" tyres for not more than 100 kms and I cannot recollect any bumpiness on 14 inchers. I do not remember at all.

Having said that, grip levels are so much better with 15 inch tyres.
Hmmm, I am bit lost im trying out various pressure configurations on my rear tyres to get the right ride comfort on the bumps. To make matters worse the Active has 14" J K Tyres (not the best tyres in the world to start with). I intend to do atleast 20 K kms on these before I get a new set of 15" with alloys.
Old 18th September 2010, 15:37   #224
BHPian

Stocks are running out fast here as well.

Driving down to Chandigarh wouldn't be a bad idea, I can get it for Rs. 9500 + free installation.
Old 22nd September 2010, 22:54   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Stocks are running out fast here as well.

Driving down to Chandigarh wouldn't be a bad idea, I can get it for Rs. 9500 + free installation.
Its so weird they don't cater so well to dealers in the NCR, so many stock outs, parts, accessory not available. As for INR 9500 + free installation...I thought the installation was always free , moreover one can get it done from autocop guys anywhere (@home or the dealership).

Lemme see if a drive down to Chandigarh is possible for me, probably i'll have to spend a day (maybe overnight) to get the stuff done !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks