Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 13:14   #181
Senior - BHPian

Nice job. Looks good with body color handles. De-badged rear looks good. But I think you could have left the Punto badge. It is an "Emotion Pack" now officially and has a better ICE.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:46   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Nice job. Looks good with body color handles. De-badged rear looks good. But I think you could have left the Punto badge. It is an "Emotion Pack" now officially and has a better ICE.
I wanted the clean look.

I have the badges with me, can fix them back when I am bored of this look.

Ordering some ABARTH badges in a couple of days!!
Old 31st August 2010, 17:48   #183
Senior - BHPian

SumitBhai, Your De-badged Fiat Punto looks pretty beautiful. And yes, It looks like an Emotion Pack now. But, I do wish that your car had a rear wiper :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
Brother, can you tell me from where you ordered the Abarth Logo? How much did it cost you?

Someone stole the Fiat Logo from my car and I've not yet ordered a Fiat Logo.I'm in search for the logo and I'm still confused to choose b/w the Abarth Logo and Fiat Logo.

Amith
Old 31st August 2010, 20:36   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This explains the de-badging.

So, it would be the First Abarth Punto In Chandigarh and India.
Old 31st August 2010, 23:09   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
This explains the de-badging.

So, it would be the First Abarth Punto In Chandigarh and India.
Yea....
I know I am gonna get flamed for putting abarth badges. Probably someone might post my car in W&W thread.
But, that not gonna stop me. I like that design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
SumitBhai, Your De-badged Fiat Punto looks pretty beautiful. And yes, It looks like an Emotion Pack now. But, I do wish that your car had a rear wiper :(

Brother, can you tell me from where you ordered the Abarth Logo? How much did it cost you?

Someone stole the Fiat Logo from my car and I've not yet ordered a Fiat Logo.I'm in search for the logo and I'm still confused to choose b/w the Abarth Logo and Fiat Logo.

Amith
Thanks a lot.

I am ordering the badges from eBay. I will order it tomorrow.
Have sent him a query on whether it will fit the Indian punto (which it probably should).
When I get the confirmation I will order them.
Here is what I am ordering > FIAT GRANDE PUNTO ABARTH, GRILLE & TAILGATE BADGES NEW on eBay (end time 27-Sep-10 08:38:33 BST)

Someone flicked your rear badge? Thats a pretty difficult thing to do. IMHO, the rear and front badges are secured by lugs and bolts.
Old 1st September 2010, 07:20   #186
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure those will never end up on W&W Mod job thread.
Visited the link and saw those abarth logos.

Hoping to see those soon.
Old 1st September 2010, 08:17   #187
Senior - BHPian

I quite liked the earlier black door handles on your car (can't remember but I think I said so as well), but I must say that the paint job looks good.

These small upgrades, also keep the joy of owning a car alive and kicking. Waiting to see the Abarth badges arrive; I checked out the eBay link you shared, it looks swell. Well done.
Old 1st September 2010, 10:08   #188
BHPian

You are right.
The small upgrades keeps your interest going. That's why I never do all the upgrades in one go.
Old 2nd September 2010, 07:22   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot.

I am ordering the badges from eBay. I will order it tomorrow.
Have sent him a query on whether it will fit the Indian punto (which it probably should).
When I get the confirmation I will order them.
Here is what I am ordering
Thank you Sumit.

Did you get the reply from him? If yes, Can you please tell me whether we can fit those ones in the Indian Punto.

Quote:
Someone flicked your rear badge? Thats a pretty difficult thing to do. IMHO, the rear and front badges are secured by lugs and bolts.
Yes, you guessed it right. It pretty difficult to flick the rear badge. Anyway, he succeeded in flicking it. My bad :(

PS : Btw, my father still prefers the Fiat Badge over the Abarth Badge. So, I'm still confused whether he would buy the Abarth Badge or not.

Amith
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:02   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Thank you Sumit.

Did you get the reply from him? If yes, Can you please tell me whether we can fit those ones in the Indian Punto.

Yes, you guessed it right. It pretty difficult to flick the rear badge. Anyway, he succeeded in flicking it. My bad :(

PS : Btw, my father still prefers the Fiat Badge over the Abarth Badge. So, I'm still confused whether he would buy the Abarth Badge or not.

Amith
Hi

Yes, I got a reply from him on Tuesday. He says that badges are a direct fit on the Indian Punto.

I have ordered the badges last night. Should reach in 10-15 days time.

FIAT badges is not bad at all. Its one of my favorite logos in automobiles.
ABARTH is just so much better.
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:46   #191
BHPian

Sumit, how are your CPC2s doing? I know you had a scary experience once on a wet road. Other than that, how are the CPC2s performing?
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:12   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Sumit, how are your CPC2s doing? I know you had a scary experience once on a wet road. Other than that, how are the CPC2s performing?
That was one off incident.
Apart from that, they have been excellent!!!
CPC2's are anyday better than A-Drives, both in terms of road noise and grip.
Old 2nd September 2010, 16:58   #193
BHPian

Thanks Sumit, I am contemplating between Yoko C-drives and CPC2. I had almost finalized on the CPC2 when I read your post. Dropped the idea of changing tires and waited. Now there is a need to change. I will seriously consider the CPC2 again
Old 3rd September 2010, 10:15   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Thanks Sumit, I am contemplating between Yoko C-drives and CPC2. I had almost finalized on the CPC2 when I read your post. Dropped the idea of changing tires and waited. Now there is a need to change. I will seriously consider the CPC2 again
C-Drives are good tyres too.
I have them on my Innova. Last set were changed at 55,000 kms. Pretty good life, considering the size of Innova. Grip and road noise are better than A-Drives as well.

I would not recommend A-Drives to anyone. Not that they are that bad, but in the similar price range (additional Rs. 300-400 per tyre), there are better options available.

NOTE: I have A-Drives on my DZire. Looks they are good only for another 5k kms. Total kms covered so far - 34,000.

Here is my preferred list of tyres:

1. Michelin Primacy LC - Comfort, most silent tyres available, good grip levels, but have weak side walls. They are expensive though.
2. Conti CPC2 - Almost as good as LC, little more road noise when compared. Sidewalls are weak as well (One of my tyre got burst with not so great impact of a motorcycle brake handle).
3. Yokohama C-Drive - Good life, grip and road noise.
4. Yoko V550 db series - Have only read good things about them, no experience with them.
Old 6th September 2010, 12:35   #195
BHPian

Today I bought the recently launched Central Locking for the ACTIVE model by FIAT india.
Did not have time to get it installed, so I bought the central locking with me. I will go there in couple of days to get it installed. They were saying it would take around 4-5 hours to install it.

Here are a few pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img00205201009061208.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img00207201009061225.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img00208201009061225.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img00209201009061225.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img00210201009061226.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img00211201009061228.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks