Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 09:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Nice
and get the alloys painted black ASAP
Old 10th March 2010, 18:04   #32
BHPian

sumit paaji,
great buy.i like all those people who go and buy Punto active.I also bought OE alloys for my punto for 14k.but now i am planning to sell mine.but i still have a feeling that i like the OE ones?what your take.i have the front vinyled instead of painting it silver.but i got my door handles.ORVMS painted to body colour.Fog lamps pricing is too good.i knew it only after u mentioned about it.getting them soon then.
Please get the door handles painted.also get those black vinyl on the pillars.i mean the a,b and on the door part of c pillar.And i have a FIAT keyring.i chose this instead of the one you have when a UK friend of mine gave it to me.

also check my thread. for new pics.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nto-mjd-9.html
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_0626.jpg  

Old 10th March 2010, 22:58   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
sumit paaji,
great buy.i like all those people who go and buy Punto active.I also bought OE alloys for my punto for 14k.but now i am planning to sell mine.but i still have a feeling that i like the OE ones?what your take.i have the front vinyled instead of painting it silver.but i got my door handles.ORVMS painted to body colour.Fog lamps pricing is too good.i knew it only after u mentioned about it.getting them soon then.
Please get the door handles painted.also get those black vinyl on the pillars.i mean the a,b and on the door part of c pillar.And i have a FIAT keyring.i chose this instead of the one you have when a UK friend of mine gave it to me.

also check my thread. for new pics.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...nto-mjd-9.html
Yes, I will get the door handles painted in my next service. (Or, maybe before, if I get the time).
They told me that I will have to leave the car at dealership overnight.
The blacked out pillars on your car; Did you get it done at dealership or aftermarket or is it stock?

The alloys that you tried, looks pretty good on the car.

I am planning to keep the OE ones for time being. Will upgrade them later. I want to upgrade them for something worthwhile (KONIG or maybe mighty OZ's).
BTW, is 98 PCD available in KONIG or OZ?

I also thought of painting / powder coating them matt black with red or mirror lip. (See attached photoshop images, done by a fellow TBHP member)

But the lip on OE alloys would be pretty hard to paint. The spokes extend towards the lip.

Regarding the keychain, the one I bought is genuine FIAT accessory. Rest of them on eBay seemd copies.
Yours seems genuine as well.

Fog lamps were not available outside, so I decided to buy it from showroom. Price was not too bad either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Nice
and get the alloys painted black ASAP
Thank you bhai!!!
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_1917_matt.jpg  

Last edited by SumitBahl : 10th March 2010 at 23:11.
Old 10th March 2010, 23:33   #34
BHPian

I am planning something like this for my front grill:
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-39.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dsc_0097vi.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-img_0045.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-sigpic26015_14.gif.jpg  

Old 11th March 2010, 00:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitBahl View Post
I am planning something like this for my front grill:
That looks similar to FIAT Bravo. Ain't it?

Last edited by blackasta : 11th March 2010 at 00:03.
Old 11th March 2010, 00:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
That looks similar to FIAT Bravo. Ain't it?
Thats a Punto, UK spec'ed, 2 door version, 1242 8v
Grills there are same as Indian model. This guy has modified his stock grills and used lowering springs as well (not possible in Indian conditions).

Few more pics of the same:
Attached Thumbnails
My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dscf1046.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dscf1047.jpg  

My Italian Stallion - FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Exotica Red). Photo shoot on pg 9.-dscf1048.jpg  

Last edited by SumitBahl : 11th March 2010 at 00:25.
Old 11th March 2010, 01:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a Punto, UK spec'ed, 2 door version, 1242 8v
Grills there are same as Indian model. This guy has modified his stock grills and used lowering springs as well (not possible in Indian conditions).

Few more pics of the same:
Lolz - try doing that here and listen the tune your car makes with humps!
Old 11th March 2010, 02:12   #38
agm
BHPian

Amazing man , killer looks especially in red colour.Imo this is the best looking hatch in our country .

Congrats pal for the beauty,Drive safe
Old 11th March 2010, 02:40   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sumit
And a nice detailed initial buying experience.
I would have bought a Punto myself if i was looking for a hatch.
Will agree with all, 9k for those alloys are a steal and they look really good. However that painted black pic is fantastic.
Old 11th March 2010, 09:02   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Congrats Sumit
And a nice detailed initial buying experience.
I would have bought a Punto myself if i was looking for a hatch.
Will agree with all, 9k for those alloys are a steal and they look really good. However that painted black pic is fantastic.
Thank you.
I will paint them black in around an year. Let them get their share of scratches first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
Amazing man , killer looks especially in red colour.Imo this is the best looking hatch in our country .

Congrats pal for the beauty,Drive safe
Thank you for your wishes.
Old 11th March 2010, 17:38   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I will get the door handles painted in my next service. (Or, maybe before, if I get the time).
They told me that I will have to leave the car at dealership overnight.
The blacked out pillars on your car; Did you get it done at dealership or aftermarket or is it stock?

The alloys that you tried, looks pretty good on the car.

I am planning to keep the OE ones for time being. Will upgrade them later. I want to upgrade them for something worthwhile (KONIG or maybe mighty OZ's).
BTW, is 98 PCD available in KONIG or OZ?

I also thought of painting / powder coating them matt black with red or mirror lip. (See attached photoshop images, done by a fellow TBHP member)

But the lip on OE alloys would be pretty hard to paint. The spokes extend towards the lip.

Regarding the keychain, the one I bought is genuine FIAT accessory. Rest of them on eBay seemd copies.
Yours seems genuine as well.

Fog lamps were not available outside, so I decided to buy it from showroom. Price was not too bad either.

Thank you bhai!!!
yeah my keyring was bought from FIAT showroom in UK.and konig or OZ doesnt make 98pcd.MOMO makes.Oz has stopped making.also what do you think should i sell the OE wheel and get the wheels i had shown,but they are 100 pcd.i heard punjab has many puntos running 100 pcd wheels.??the grills that you have showed are called LINEA race grills and is used in the race spec track version of the LINEA.i saw it somewhere in UK tuning website.
Old 11th March 2010, 18:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats! Your car looks gorgeous buddy. I especially love that Italian keyring! I so much want that now how much does it cost?
Quote:
These are some of the mods I have done to make my FIAT Grande Punto MJD (Active)
  1. Punto OE Alloys with 195/60/R15 section rubber CPC2.
  2. Fitted Fog Lamps (Rs. 2350 incl. Labor charges, bought from FIAT Dealership).
  3. Painted ORVMs body colored.
  4. Painted front 2 grills and fog lamp enclosure silver (Costed Rs. 1500 incl. ORVMs)
  5. Kenwood KDC-BT7043U (Bluetooth Enabled, PARROT Bluetooth Kit).
  6. Infinity Front Components.
  7. Blaupunkt 4-Channel Amplifier.
  8. Rear speakers JBL GTO947 (400 watts).
  9. Roof Antenna (costed Rs. 150, FIAT Dealership quoted a whopping Rs. 1945).
  10. Sun Film.
  11. FIAT 500 Original Keyfob (bought form eBay UK)
How much did all these mods/accessories cost you? Would it have been better to go for a higher variant than buy the Active and then modify it?

Last edited by theragingbull : 11th March 2010 at 18:58.
Old 11th March 2010, 22:25   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
yeah my keyring was bought from FIAT showroom in UK.and konig or OZ doesnt make 98pcd.MOMO makes.Oz has stopped making.also what do you think should i sell the OE wheel and get the wheels i had shown,but they are 100 pcd.i heard punjab has many puntos running 100 pcd wheels.??the grills that you have showed are called LINEA race grills and is used in the race spec track version of the LINEA.i saw it somewhere in UK tuning website.
We do have a lot of Puntos running on 100 pcd. I personally haven't driven any car with 100 PCD. But, I have heard that the car is not stable on high speed. It bubbles a lot.

I saw on Punto with 235/45-R17 on Punto. Owner was not around, otherwise I would have asked him about the ride quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Congrats! Your car looks gorgeous buddy. I especially love that Italian keyring! I so much want that now how much does it cost?

How much did all these mods/accessories cost you? Would it have been better to go for a higher variant than buy the Active and then modify it?
I did not spend too much on modifications.
Alloys were for 9k.
Tires costed Rs. 9k (- exchange of stock tires)
HU was 10k
Rear speakers were Rs. 3400
Infinity Components and Blaupunkt Amp was pulled out form DZire.
Paint job was Rs. 1500
Sun film was Rs. 550
Roof Antenna was Rs. 150
FIAT Keychain costed Rs. 600

Total spent on mods: Rs. 34200

Mot to mention that I my ICE setup sounds much much better than stock.

The amount spent on mods, if invested in better variant, would've got me Dynamic model, which will have additional 2 rear power windows and manual central locking, bigger dials.

Now I have better sounding music system, better tyres than E.Pack, same alloys, similar outlook.
Old 12th March 2010, 12:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

i came across the following link on the www.fiatforum.com - you may want to check it out.

www.fiat-accessories.com

Last edited by planet_rocker : 12th March 2010 at 12:07.
Old 12th March 2010, 12:50   #45
Senior - BHPian

One should not drive around fitting 100 pcd alloys in 98 pcd cars.
Affects the total setup of the car including wheel, tire, suspension and joints.

Quote:
We do have a lot of Puntos running on 100 pcd. I personally haven't driven any car with 100 PCD. But, I have heard that the car is not stable on high speed. It bubbles a lot.
You mean wobble right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks