Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 15:46   #436
Team-BHP Support

Re: Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic

Selling a modded car would be easier at Team-BHP Classifieds - one could just add a link to the ownership thread. That way, it will no longer be an unknown modded car.

Selling my (unmodded) Optra using Team-BHP classifieds was a pleasant experience.

Last edited by SmartCat : 19th May 2011 at 15:49.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 16:25   #437
BHPian

Fellow BHP'ians,
Need help.On the look for a used civic.Checked a few dealers for vehicles and found one to my liking.Please let me know if its a good buy.
White Civic-VMT-2008,Sep-has run about 20000kms-single owner. Getting it thru a known dealer for about 8 lakh. Please advice.
Old 29th May 2011, 21:02   #438
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
Fellow BHP'ians,
Need help.On the look for a used civic.Checked a few dealers for vehicles and found one to my liking.Please let me know if its a good buy.
White Civic-VMT-2008,Sep-has run about 20000kms-single owner. Getting it thru a known dealer for about 8 lakh. Please advice.
You might want to post this in the "which car" subforum. That might fetch more replies. The prices seems to be fine for a 08 VMT with 20k and single owner. However do check the clutch condition, mounts and service history from Honda and insurance claims if any. One can also estimate the prices from car websites.
dot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2011, 21:04   #439
BHPian

thank you dot.Sorry that i posted in the wrong thread.
Request all the civic users to let me know the mileage figures?
Old 30th May 2011, 17:27   #440
BHPian

GTO,

Did you use mechanic to test car before buying? I was wondering if you could share contact number for mumbaikars like me reviewing used cars. The forum points to a Anwar Patel in Solitaire, Borivili, Mumbai

Amit
Old 31st May 2011, 22:19   #441
Senior - BHPian

Hi GTO,
You have the Typhoon intake system installed on the Civic right.Are you going to leave it on for the monsoon season.If no what would be any special precautions that you will be taking ?

thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 23:35   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
GTO,

Did you use mechanic to test car before buying? I was wondering if you could share contact number for mumbaikars like me reviewing used cars. The forum points to a Anwar Patel in Solitaire, Borivili, Mumbai

Amit
Hey, just take it to a Honda dealership and get them to check it out. They should be able to tell you what all (if any) is wrong with the car and what maintenance will be needed. Also find out the service history of the car from Honda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi GTO,
You have the Typhoon intake system installed on the Civic right.Are you going to leave it on for the monsoon season.If no what would be any special precautions that you will be taking ?

thanks
No precautions need to be taken. For people who have the Typhoon installed in the Cold Air Intake form (like me) they need to change it to the Short Ram Intake form (like GTO) for the monsoons. In the CAI form the filter is just behind the foglight and could pick up water.

BTW GTO you should probably get this little thing from K&N called a drycharger to wrap around the filter. Will just further help a bit in protecting against water. http://www.knfilters.com/search/wrap.aspx

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 31st May 2011 at 23:40.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 09:37   #443
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitsingh08 View Post
Did you use mechanic to test car before buying?
Nope, I ran all necessary checks myself....got a knack for it after buying so many used cars. However, I do recommend hiring the services of an independent mechanic or authorised service station (preferred). Obviously, if you see the car at one dealer, you'll get it checked someplace else.

Quote:
BTW GTO you should probably get this little thing from K&N called a drycharger to wrap around the filter. Will just further help a bit in protecting against water. K&N Air Filter Wraps
Thanks! Will check.
Old 13th August 2011, 19:01   #444
Team-BHP Support

GTO how about an update on the car? I mean I know the car will be doing perfect, but what about the mods? Any more planned soon?
Old 14th August 2011, 09:55   #445
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
GTO how about an update on the car? I mean I know the car will be doing perfect, but what about the mods? Any more planned soon?
Touched about 23,000 clicks and nothing other than one scheduled visit to Solitaire for filters & lubes in 1.5 years.

Mods not planned in the near future, will start in 2012.
Old 14th August 2011, 12:25   #446
Senior - BHPian

Just found this thread. You do have a knack of getting a great deal. Somehow I can never drive this car in this region due to this ultra low ground clearance.

Enjoy a great vehicle.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 09:29   #447

That's a nice deal.Even Im planing to buy a pre-owned Civic V MT.But i want to ask a question is it worth buying a pre-owned car from a reputed dealer like First Choice or Carnation?I mean can you actually trust them?
Old 21st August 2011, 11:27   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Touched about 23,000 clicks and nothing other than one scheduled visit to Solitaire for filters & lubes in 1.5 years.

Mods not planned in the near future, will start in 2012.
What about the tyres, are you are still on stock goodyears?
Old 27th September 2011, 12:45   #449
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Sumeet : Yup, on stock goodyears.

Recently made two trips to Pawna, and the undeveloped roads out there gave the underbody a royal hammering. Tried all kinds of zig zag manouveurs on the rough patches, still all three cars of the convoy took a beating. Came back and got it checked, a part of the exhaust has worked itself loose. Going to have it fixed tomorrow.

BTW, my Civic is no longer a one-driver car. The lousy, unreliable Indigo (4th trip to the garage in 3 months) and a new family member (my kid bro is back home after graduating with honours from the States ) means the running has increased. And by different drivers. I can see some new nicks & scratches already. My family calls the Civic the "always-on" car. Others have their fare share of issues, but the Civic just keeps running perfectly, day after day, without complaint. The car that visits the garage the least from the family steeds.

The running will stay on the higher side till we replace the Indigo with another beater. One option is the Innova.
Old 27th September 2011, 13:01   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The running will stay on the higher side till we replace the Indigo with another beater. One option is the Innova.
How about the new Indigo with a mind boggling (Claimed) milage of 25kmpl.

Would you be again considering a preworshipped Innova or a brand new one? Coz last time your preworshipped civic ownershipped thread started a trend of BHPians opting for used cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks