Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2012, 01:32   #481
BHPian

Re: Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic

I think GTO got new rims
Chrome finish 17s seen his car many times around my house.

GTO gun-metal finish on a white civic would had looked even more better, but then to each to his own.
Old 2nd August 2012, 15:36   #482
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
I think GTO got new rims
Chrome finish 17s seen his car many times around my house.
Until the time I take up rapping professionally, my cars won't wear chrome rims . You've mistaken someone else's car as mine.

Quote:
GTO gun-metal finish on a white civic would had looked even more better, but then to each to his own.
My rims are on ship and should arrive in a couple of weeks. Anshuman helped me with sourcing them; we didn't have an option but to get them imported. 17" rims for the Civic are rare in the Indian market, still rarer are good designs and you can forget about getting a set of 5 (market loves 4 only).

This is what's coming in a set of 5. Will have them painted in gun metal or matt black.

Yeah, I am a sucker for 5 spoke designs. Wholly and completely. These are similar to Enkei RP03s:

Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic-h125_jpg.jpg
GTO is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 20:24   #483
BHPian

But how are you gonna fit the 5th wheel in the wheel well of the spare tire ? will it swallow the 17s ?

oh yes it was some other civic but its nicely done up car complete stock from outside only 17s chrome finished Hi-join racing alloys with magnaflow exhaust and many gauges on the dash the car is done by N1 racing number of the car is MH-02-DB-3...

its a true sleeper, mistook the car again for your car at sea-link toll booth today later when the car was beside me, it was someone else.

But i have seen your car at times
It has the black teambhp logo with the revcounter design on the top right corner of the back glass.
Old 17th August 2012, 15:37   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

This is what's coming in a set of 5. Will have them painted in gun metal or matt black.
But GTO, this is a 4 bolt design and Civic need a 5 bolt alloy no?
Old 17th August 2012, 19:53   #485
BHPian

Quote:
But how are you gonna fit the 5th wheel in the wheel well of the spare tire ? will it swallow the 17s ?
Along with it he will go for lower profile tyre so overall diameter would be the same. Wheel well should accomodate extra 20-30mm height (wider section of tyre).
Old 20th August 2012, 09:57   #486
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I don't know. Will first check if the 17"s fit in the spare well. If not, I'll retain one of my OEM wheels & tyres.

Quote:
i have seen your car at times
It has the black teambhp logo with the revcounter design on the top right corner of the back glass.
Nope . My car only wears the Got BHP? on the bumper LHS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
But GTO, this is a 4 bolt design and Civic need a 5 bolt alloy no?
Good catch! The image I uploaded is only representative. Hijoin makes the same in 10 hole too.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th August 2012 at 21:12. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag.
Old 20th August 2012, 10:36   #487
BANNED

The wheels will fit, reason is that the overall wheel (incl tyre) dia is not changed.

Also, in a civic there is a block of PU foam on top with the tools. I feel this can be trimmed to accommodate the excess height if any.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2012, 12:33   #488
BHPian

As always this whole thread was a delight to read and feels awesome to be part of this whole experience! Loved the way you have put through each aspect of your experience with your civic. Looking forward to your new alloys and shoes!!

Keep them comin'!! Cheers mate.
Old 20th August 2012, 20:02   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Good catch! The image I uploaded is only representative. Hijoin makes the same in 10 hole too.
Great! Looking forward to see your car, which is the main inspiration for me getting my Civic , in this wonderful shoes.

Slightly off topic: Do you mind sharing what does that inscription forged right next to the JWL marking mean?
Old 15th November 2012, 09:02   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My rims are on ship and should arrive in a couple of weeks. Anshuman helped me with sourcing them; we didn't have an option but to get them imported. 17" rims for the Civic are rare in the Indian market, still rarer are good designs and you can forget about getting a set of 5 (market loves 4 only).
Attachment 964274
Waiting eagerly to see the latest shots of the car, which, well, 'redefined' the Pre-worshiped concept .
Old 15th November 2012, 09:10   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what's coming in a set of 5. Will have them painted in gun metal or matt black. Attachment 964274
So, did you get the alloys on your car, GTO? Last update from you was in August, I guess these should have arrived, fitted, up and running by now?

Great classic design and good decision, going for 5 instead of 4. People like me have to be extra careful with our alloys, just in case if we run into the inevitable and damage one of the rims, the whole set is ruined!

Let the pics rolling...

Last edited by Ace F355 : 15th November 2012 at 09:13.
Old 10th January 2013, 14:54   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah, Mumbai speed bumps aren't as bad as those in Bangalore. The Civic scrapes its underbelly thanks to the soft rear suspension
Hey, I'm planning on getting a 2009-10 Civic. Was deliberating between that or a new Skoda Laura vRS among others. But absolutely ridiculous new car prices put me off any new cars in the D1 and the D2 segment as well.

So if I do get my hands on a clean Civic, I plan on giving it to Sunil Shanbag (I guess you know him). And get it restored to showroom condition.
Then do a couple of immediate mods: a CAI and a good set of headers. Then over the course of the next 6 months upgrade the suspension to probably Tein. And finally turbocharge it.
The only problem is of finding a reliable tuner. I've been keeping my eyes and ears open. But so far, have not been able to find anyone reliable enough in Bombay.
Old 10th January 2013, 15:35   #493
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yeah, I am a sucker for 5 spoke designs. Wholly and completely. These are similar to Enkei RP03s:
Attachment 964274
I had a similar looking set on my Zen: See this post. I am a sucker for five spoke designs as well! You could try painting them White. A White car with White wheels looks nice.
Old 10th January 2013, 15:54   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
... I plan on giving it to Sunil Shanbag (I guess you know him). And get it restored to showroom condition.
I had given mine to him, and though i was aware of the time he normally takes (mine took almost about a month, replacement of front suspension, overhauling of steering rack which i was not really told of earlier were the main jobs performed, and a invoice which i've yet to receive even after a month of getting the car back).
I was given an estimate of 40K for the job. Finally got a bill of 70K. Later got a message that front suspension needs full replacement, and finally when i went to pick the vehicle, my a/c cabin filter, which i was told was replaced by a new one wasn't there. There's some weird noise coming from a/c vents, and some from the book, which were never there....Went again to him the next day, and his person showed me a filter which would not fit in civic, and he had no clue about it.
I'm supposed to go to him again, for him to check for the issues. But the point i'm trying to make is, keep your expectations in check... Would i really want to give my vehicle to this genuine gentleman? only when i'm having a backup vehicle for long time, and have all the expertise to cross-check if everything has been done as per the need of the hour.
Old 10th January 2013, 16:03   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Hey, I'm planning on getting a 2009-10 Civic. Was deliberating between that or a new Skoda Laura vRS among others. But absolutely ridiculous new car prices put me off any new cars in the D1 and the D2 segment as well.

So if I do get my hands on a clean Civic, I plan on giving it to Sunil Shanbag (I guess you know him). And get it restored to showroom condition.
Then do a couple of immediate mods: a CAI and a good set of headers. Then over the course of the next 6 months upgrade the suspension to probably Tein. And finally turbocharge it.
The only problem is of finding a reliable tuner. I've been keeping my eyes and ears open. But so far, have not been able to find anyone reliable enough in Bombay.
Looking at your plans, it is better to buy a used tsi (its not so bad compared to the VRS) than do all the after market mods which can never be as reliable as a factory turbo (yes, even if it is a Skoda). Used TSi are also available for at attractive prices if you find one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks