Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2013, 16:18   #496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet View Post
I had given mine to him, and though i was aware of the time he normally takes (mine took almost about a month, replacement of front suspension, overhauling of steering rack which i was not really told of earlier were the main jobs performed, and a invoice which i've yet to receive even after a month of getting the car back).
I was given an estimate of 40K for the job. Finally got a bill of 70K. Later got a message that front suspension needs full replacement, and finally when i went to pick the vehicle, my a/c cabin filter, which i was told was replaced by a new one wasn't there. There's some weird noise coming from a/c vents, and some from the book, which were never there....Went again to him the next day, and his person showed me a filter which would not fit in civic, and he had no clue about it.
I'm supposed to go to him again, for him to check for the issues. But the point i'm trying to make is, keep your expectations in check... Would i really want to give my vehicle to this genuine gentleman? only when i'm having a backup vehicle for long time, and have all the expertise to cross-check if everything has been done as per the need of the hour.
Oh yeah? That's very surprising.
I've been maintaining both my cars with him for the past 2 years and I've been impressed with his service each time.
I agree, he is pretty steep and he does take a fair bit of time to get everything done, but I've never had any reason to complain, other than that.
As per the quotes, his quotes were around the same as the bill.
Please post your experiences in the "Team BHP Directory". There is a thread for his workshop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Looking at your plans, it is better to buy a used tsi (its not so bad compared to the VRS) than do all the after market mods which can never be as reliable as a factory turbo (yes, even if it is a Skoda). Used TSi are also available for at attractive prices if you find one.
Big time mental block against buying a used Skoda.
Even if I do overcome this, and I pick up a clean TSi. I don't want a constant niggling fear of poor service and very expensive parts.
There are too many recent posts about issues over Skoda's extended warranty. So it looks like they really need to buck up their game to gain my confidence

Having said which, I was actually considering a new Laura and Yeti. But 2 issues put me off:
- Prices. The current prices are simply asinine in this segment. Any segment for that matter.
- I plan to keep a car for a minimum of 5 years. Both my current cars are 7 and 8 years old and are pretty much trouble free.

I the only "hot" cars which cater to the average enthusiast are over 45 lakhs (Audi S4, BMW 328i, Volvo S60 T6) which I don't have!
Out of these three, I was bitterly disappointed with the handling of the F30.

160 odd horsepower from a FWD Laura is quite disappointing.
I can't think of a single car under 20 lakhs which strikes a balance between power, handling and comfort.
So the most obvious alternative that came to my head was buy a Civic, which is immensely comfortable and reasonably modifiable.

Attend to its issues which are suspension and handling.
And then give it reasonable performance.
Even though its FWD, it should give me enough bang for the buck.
But again, reliability is the key. I won't go through with any of this without a reliable tuner.

Last edited by moralfibre : 10th January 2013 at 16:46. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 4th February 2013, 23:47   #497
Senior - BHPian

Re: Got my *pre-worshipped* Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
My rims are on ship and should arrive in a couple of weeks. Anshuman helped me with sourcing them; we didn't have an option but to get them imported. 17" rims for the Civic are rare in the Indian market, still rarer are good designs and you can forget about getting a set of 5 (market loves 4 )
That's the key gto - getting 5 alloys. For 4.5 years, I drove on my lancer's upgraded 15" wheels on rough roads, mountain speedbreakers and potholes but a few days back, I hit a new monster pothole in pitch dark on my way back from office and I have a bent rim at the lip and a bulge in the tyre. Having 5 Alloys saves the day.
With your upgrade to 17" alloys, having that insurance is money well spent and gives peace of mind.
Btw, have you posted pictures of your car with these nice alloys ?

Last edited by lancer_rit : 4th February 2013 at 23:48.
Old 14th March 2013, 21:27   #498
BHPian

GTO, Please Post your civic with her new shoe's (Assuming you had it done by now).

Want to see how she looks with her new shoes. As of now checking out good designs and is yet to take the call as i'm still to decide on the size (Have 16 in Mind)
A little Apprenhensive on the ride part if i go with the 17 as i Had went through a Nightmare when i had the 17's on my Lancer .So i guess i will wait for your review.

I guess in a Way You are delaying my Buy

Cheers..!!

Last edited by lancer_maniac : 14th March 2013 at 21:28.
Old 14th March 2013, 21:54   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_maniac View Post
GTO, Please Post your civic with her new shoe's (Assuming you had it done by now).
I guess in a Way You are delaying my Buy

Cheers..!!
Refer to my Civic ownership thread - had posted details and pictures of 17" alloys on my Civic http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3066525

Last edited by iTNerd : 14th March 2013 at 21:56.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2013, 14:41   #500
BHPian

Quote:
You are the sole reason I plonked in money on a pre-owned Civic S AT. Got inspired by your thread and decided to go ahead and splurge on this driver's paradise. Having owned a 2001 Civic in the US I could vouch for its reliability.

I have read a lot of threads about maintaining the correct air pressure to the point that I am now confused. I am running stock tires (JK Tyres Vectra) and would like to have tire air pressure that it 2psi above the recommended.
What is the ideal air pressure that provides the best of drivabilty and economy.
Old 15th March 2014, 16:55   #501
BHPian

Hello everyone, I have been itching to jump this thread for some time. I have had the Cedia Sports past 3 years, some of you might have seen the ad listing in the classifieds section.

Parting with it now and finally decided to sell since an MT is just not cutting it with my daily commute.

My outline is basic:

1. Daily commute is 40-45 kms, with Mumbai traffic.
2. Prefer Petrols, and sedans. Not much an SUV fan, apart from the CRV but that's a sure fire guzzler.
3. Sorely aching for an Automatic, since my left knee will all but give up on me some day.
4. Budget of about 8-9 should do it.
5. Not expensive on upkeep and reliable as hell.

Saw many a car, from Accords going out at a steal to Teanas at throwaway prices, even wandered over to a vRS again after years.
Well, finally three cars, in the used car arena; caught my eye: Jetta, Laura TSI and Civic

Have thus far narrowed down to a Civic AT.
Preferring a later than 2009 version, owing to the “firmer rear”.
The TBHP Classifieds has one such listed, but for a whopper of a tag.

Suggestions welcome, anything I should watch out for considering the Civic is discontinued?
Maybe an 8 lac Civic is a high price to pay for today, but IMO it is still a very competent and fun-to-drive car.

Cheers!
Old 16th March 2014, 21:16   #502
GTO
Team-BHP Support

4 year old Civic, 8 lakhs is way too much for a Civic, especially since you get good cars for 5 - 6 lakhs now.

Plus, it's a discontinued model. I'd say keep looking for more options and you'll find your ride soon.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 17:30   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Parting with it now and finally decided to sell since an MT is just not cutting it with my daily commute.
Cheers!

Do you see installing a hand operated clutch as an option?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...installed.html
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2014, 23:06   #504
BHPian

Quote:
4 year old Civic, 8 lakhs is way too much for a Civic, especially since you get good cars for 5 - 6 lakhs now.

Plus, it's a discontinued model. I'd say keep looking for more options and you'll find your ride soon.
Ok, this one is for you GTO. After being besotted by your pre-worshiped beauty I have been on the lookout for a used Civic/ Accord, preferably under the three year radar. This being Bangalore, the used car market doesn't really throw up sweet deals like the ones you get up north. Besides I am rather wary of used car dealers so tend to focus ONLY on 'Individuals' in the ads.

I am looking at a Civic, Mar 2010, 22k run, V AT model that is beautifully maintained, looks and feels like new. Complete Service History available and the guy seems genuine, however, I'm yet to drive the car. The catch is, he is fixed at a price of Rs 8.35L (8.25 + 10K that he just paid for insurance) which I feel is too high for a 4 year old and discontinued model.

I am also looking at an Apr 2010 2.4 MT Accord, 19K run, excellent condition, again from an 'Individual' at Rs 10L. However, the first preference is still a Civic MT or AT, since the Accord will not perhaps be as much fun to drive and tougher to manoeuvre. Thoroughly confused!

Sometimes I think it's better to stay away from these discontinued models and buy a new car . You views are sorely needed please!

Last edited by rednikhil : 27th March 2014 at 23:08.
Old 5th May 2015, 12:12   #505
BHPian

GTO, please post some photos of your Civic with new alloys and shoes.
Old 6th May 2015, 10:19   #506
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
GTO, please post some photos of your Civic with new alloys and shoes.
Here you go, Hiren: Thread with pics.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 20:17   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Here you go, Hiren: Thread with pics.
I'm getting a lot of jerking from the engine while driving. Dropped it off at a known garage who did all the work on my car. Says three of the Ignition coils are local So i've asked him to replace it.
But he also says that the Throttle body sensor has to be replaced, and that's about 45K. Plus the coils should cost about 20K totally. And i've already spent north of 2L just for repairs. Do you have any advice?
I'm also planning to sell it off. So do i just replace the coils and ask the next owner to take control of the sensor or is that overkill?
Old 21st November 2015, 05:57   #508
Senior - BHPian

Look's like GTO's Civic has been sold as it's now no longer listed on the classified. Some lucky guy is now probably driving around this beast. If i had been in the market for a used Civic i would have been amongst the first to make a offer .

Edit: I wonder if the modded Civic went head to head with your new Beemer which one would win ?

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 21st November 2015 at 06:00.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 11:46   #509
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Look's like GTO's Civic has been sold as it's now no longer listed on the classified.
Before I can post an update, here comes a BHPian with one!

Civic was sold yesterday. Sold the ICE & car separately, so got 3.15 in total (65k for the ICE, 2.5 for the car).

Time taken to sell was about a month. Diesel cars are easy to flip - my Indigo went in the same week that it was listed. But a discontinued model with a petrol - there is very little demand.

Car was mechanically tight & had never been in a major accident. However, the running was bare minimal. Had absolutely zero use for it. Standing down in one place, some issue or the other was cropping up (central locking switch went due to lack of use, brand new battery drained out etc. etc.). I didn't want to spend anymore money on car that's not being driven, and in another month (2016), the price would fall by another 50k.

Moderator Aditya bought a 1st owner similar Corolla for 2.8 lakhs and I'm seeing Civics & Corollas for as low as 2 lakhs in Mumbai. Great time to buy used if you need a cheap runabout. There's a Civic Hybrid with an asking price of 2.8 lakhs! And check this one out. A buyer's market for sure.

Quote:
If i had been in the market for a used Civic i would have been amongst the first to make a offer

Quote:
I wonder if the modded Civic went head to head with your new Beemer which one would win ?
0 - 100 aside, petrol is petrol and MT is MT.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2015, 21:26   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Civic was sold yesterday. Sold the ICE & car separately, so got 3.15 in total.
Sad to see your civic going. At this price, I would say this is absolutely steal for that lucky buyer, considering mods you carried out on your ride. I've always been fan of pre- worshipped Civic of yours and Frankmehta. Just one question, don't you think, your City VTEC fetched you relatively better value?

Quote:
0 - 100 aside, petrol is petrol and MT is MT.
I totally agree. Keeping MT aside, does that mean we would get to see ownership review of Pre-worshipped Mini Cooper S , as I have read in your official review of the same and you were impressed.

Last edited by bblost : 22nd November 2015 at 22:13. Reason: fixed tag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks