Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2010, 13:40   #376
Team-BHP Support

Im quite sure I saw your car on Marine Drive this morning at 1030. Looks great, well kept.
Old 7th October 2010, 13:45   #377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post

Don't know whether they'll retain the hydraulic unit for the model change expected next year !
If BMW can let go of the hydraulic unit, anyone can ! Sad but highly unlikely it will stay on.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:28   #378
BHPian

Hey GTO your journey of buying a pre owned Honda has inspired me also to take plunge. I have recently moved to Mumbai so would appreciate any leads for good/reliable dealer where I can start my search for a Civic.
Old 17th October 2010, 11:02   #379
BHPian

GTO, thanks for a great thread. I was looking for an upgrade from my 2000 Accent GLS very good condition with 85k+ km ) to an sedan automatic, basically as I was getting knee pain due to constant clutching in city traffic, and had the following in mind 1. Vento AT 2. ANHC AT 3. SX4 AT Unfortunately Linea has no AT but I love the car Your pre owned Civic inspired me to look for one too and started have the hunt. Yesterday, I saw a black 1.8S AT civic with 8 k+ in the odo of 2007 feb make but registered in Jan 2008. The quote was for 9L. My concern was the time lag between the date of manufacture and the date of registration. It this normal now? Also when I enquired about any accident to the vehicle his "no accident" was in a muted tone. Got suspicious. Request the informed members guidance to decide to go for this pre worshiped Civic or a new Vento/ ANHC/ any other. Thanks and wish you all a very happy festival season ahead.
Old 17th October 2010, 11:19   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala.V View Post
The quote was for 9L. My concern was the time lag between the date of manufacture and the date of registration. It this normal now? Also when I enquired about any accident to the vehicle his "no accident" was in a muted tone. Got suspicious. Request the informed members guidance to decide to go for this pre worshiped Civic or a new Vento/ ANHC/ any other. Thanks and wish you all a very happy festival season ahead.
I'm no expert on this,but I would advise you to be wary about this car.Hoping its not one of those 'totaled at dealer's parking lot' cars,which explains the huge gap between manufacture and registration. Is this from an owner or a dealer?
Old 17th October 2010, 14:50   #381
BHPian

Thanks Recompose. This is from the owner who is a Hyundai dealer !!! It seems his wife was using this and he wants to dispose this Civic as he is getting a new AUDI for his wife. Car dealership seems a good Business to be in.

Last edited by mobike008 : 17th October 2010 at 15:08. Reason: URL of smiley got posted instead of the actual smiley
Old 17th October 2010, 15:16   #382
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
GTO, thanks for a great thread. I was looking for an upgrade from my 2000 Accent GLS very good condition with 85k+ km ) to an sedan automatic, basically as I was getting knee pain due to constant clutching in city traffic, and had the following in mind 1. Vento AT 2. ANHC AT 3. SX4 AT Unfortunately Linea has no AT but I love the car Your pre owned Civic inspired me to look for one too and started have the hunt. Yesterday, I saw a black 1.8S AT civic with 8 k+ in the odo of 2007 feb make but registered in Jan 2008. The quote was for 9L. My concern was the time lag between the date of manufacture and the date of registration. It this normal now? Also when I enquired about any accident to the vehicle his "no accident" was in a muted tone. Got suspicious. Request the informed members guidance to decide to go for this pre worshiped Civic or a new Vento/ ANHC/ any other. Thanks and wish you all a very happy festival season ahead.
I dont know why. But, in Hyderabad i see lot of people buying cars and not registering it for a long time.

I got two examples in my apartment complex where one of the flat owners who own 4-5 cars usually register their cars after 3-4 months and one was registered after more than 6 months. And, yes they are like most hyderabadis fanatic about a specific car number. So i am guessing they waited for the right number sequence to turn up.

As per law your allowed only one month leeway to complete your permanent registration and post that timeframe you need to pay a negligible fine.

Not sure if that could be the reason for that Civic that you checked out.
Old 17th October 2010, 15:44   #383
BHPian

Mobike008, May be you are right or may be the chalta hai attitude (No offence meant please). I am more concerned if this vehicle might have been used as a demo
Old 18th October 2010, 11:14   #384
GTO
Team-BHP Support

*Update* : Car is parked at AutoMech as I type this post. Will update the dyno thread after the 2nd test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Im quite sure I saw your car on Marine Drive this morning at 1030. Looks great, well kept.
I was ogling at your "3333" Accord butt! Man, those alloys & tyres give her such a planted stance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Hey GTO your journey of buying a pre owned Honda has inspired me also to take plunge. I have recently moved to Mumbai so would appreciate any leads for good/reliable dealer where I can start my search for a Civic.
Please look up the details of Tejas / Riddhi Siddhi used car broker in the Team-BHP Directory.

Quote:
Yesterday, I saw a black 1.8S AT civic with 8 k+ in the odo of 2007 feb make but registered in Jan 2008.
I would avoid this car. It's been used as a dealer demo vehicle or was lying in the yard for a year (unlikely as Civics sell reasonably well); either situation is not good for the car.
Old 18th October 2010, 20:12   #385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
*Update* : Car is parked at AutoMech as I type this post. Will update the dyno thread after the 2nd test.

I was ogling at your "3333" Accord butt! Man, those alloys & tyres give her such a planted stance.
Why thank you Talking about planted, I took her for an expressway spin yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. Check my thread.

Cant wait to see the results after your exhaust is done. When is your K&N Typhoon expected?

And also im curious to see what set of rims you get on your Civic. IMO you should go for a nice set of tuner wheels like Enkei, Konig etc. Good prices and good variety.
Old 12th November 2010, 23:53   #386
dot
Senior - BHPian

Friends, Need a help here. Planning a lateral upgrade after being totally smitten by the pre-worshipped Civic threads. Saw a 07 Black S-MT with 37k kms and another 07 Silver Blue V-AT with 33k kms. Both quoting 8.5 in Pune (non-negotiated). Drove both of them. Both seems to be in good condition enough. My question is whether the black one will become too hot in summer to drive around. Even in this November afternoon it was fairly warm in the cabin with AC set at 24 Celsius. The Silver Blue didn't seem exhibit the same hotness. Someone kindly help me to decide. Thanks.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:00   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sire,

Will that be the reason for not parking the Civic into your T-BHP gallery?

BH.
Old 13th November 2010, 11:09   #388
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
Friends, Need a help here. Planning a lateral upgrade after being totally smitten by the pre-worshipped Civic threads. Saw a 07 Black S-MT with 37k kms and another 07 Silver Blue V-AT with 33k kms. Both quoting 8.5 in Pune (non-negotiated). Drove both of them. Both seems to be in good condition enough. My question is whether the black one will become too hot in summer to drive around. Even in this November afternoon it was fairly warm in the cabin with AC set at 24 Celsius. The Silver Blue didn't seem exhibit the same hotness. Someone kindly help me to decide. Thanks.
I would suggest you go for the blue. A black car is very difficult to maintain, and if your not upto that then it will look bad. Also yes it does get warmer than other colours. Another thing is in Pune what I have noticed is that motorbikes etc scratch cars alot, so the scratches will show much more on black.
Old 13th November 2010, 13:50   #389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I would suggest you go for the blue. A black car is very difficult to maintain, and if your not upto that then it will look bad. Also yes it does get warmer than other colours. Another thing is in Pune what I have noticed is that motorbikes etc scratch cars alot, so the scratches will show much more on black.
As the owner of a Black Civic I can +1 Akshay's comments all the way.

Of course I haven't experienced my Civic yet in the summer but even on really sunny days (with external temperature around 33 degrees only though) the AC did a fantastic job.

The blue will clearly be vastly easier to maintain.

Regards,
spadix
Old 13th November 2010, 15:20   #390
dot
Senior - BHPian

Akshay1234 and Spadix, Thanks a ton for the feedback. This makes my decision much easier. I have negotiated a better price in the meantime (8.15) for the blue V-AT and will probably book it today or tomorrow. Yet another question, the Blue Civic V-AT has fabric interiors. So 07 models had both leather and fabric options in V-AT trim? Maybe once I get the car, I will write about it in the Civic maintenance threads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks