Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 18:49   #31

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 13th April 2010 at 10:21.
yesk007 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th April 2010, 09:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superveloce View Post
hey e-biz great choice and best wishes for your new car!!

i just wanna know if the seat fabric is of the same colour and pattern as the titanium variant or is it different for the zxi?
Its the same seat fabric in ZXI and Titanium
Old 6th April 2010, 10:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

biz Congrats!
17KM is really good F.E.
But 3 pages and not a single picture! Please do post some pictures!
Old 8th April 2010, 09:35   #34
BHPian

Btw - Got a letter invite from Chennai ford for an "Introduction meet" on Saturday 10th April 2010 at their showroom in Arumbakkam for Ford Figo customers. Any other Figo customers aware of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
biz Congrats!
17KM is really good F.E.
But 3 pages and not a single picture! Please do post some pictures!

Back in town yesterday and here goes some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo ZXI Diesel – Initial ownership report-car-front.jpg  

Ford Figo ZXI Diesel – Initial ownership report-figo-back1.jpg  

Ford Figo ZXI Diesel – Initial ownership report-figo-side.jpg  

Ford Figo ZXI Diesel – Initial ownership report-figo-audio.jpg  

Ford Figo ZXI Diesel – Initial ownership report-figo-dash.jpg  

Ford Figo ZXI Diesel – Initial ownership report-figo-door-inside.jpg  

Ford Figo ZXI Diesel – Initial ownership report-figo-gearand-dash.jpg  

Ford Figo ZXI Diesel – Initial ownership report-figo-side.jpg  

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th April 2010 at 09:47. Reason: Back to back posts, please wait for moderator approval to edit the original post.
Old 8th April 2010, 10:22   #35
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics. These colours make the car look much bigger. Do you have silver tints or is it just light reflecting?

Any updates on F,E?
Old 8th April 2010, 11:12   #36
BHPian

Your car looks very nice, e-biz. I too have booked one in this colour (1.4 Diesel Titanium). Although I have a weakness for blue and wish Ford had brought the Figo out in a blue as well, but I instantly fell for Chill when I saw it on the second visit to the showroom here. I like the silver, golden and green hues that the colour brings out. Plus I also think the (Cool) Figo and Chill go well together!
Old 8th April 2010, 11:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Nice pics. These colours make the car look much bigger. Do you have silver tints or is it just light reflecting?

Any updates on F,E?

No silver tints. I had installed 3M sunflims for the sides and boot door. It's just the light reflecting.

I havent driven it much beyond the initial 350 odd kms as i was not in town. So far, looks like i am getting around 16 / litre. Now that am in town and going to drive it around will get close to exact figures and share...
Old 8th April 2010, 11:42   #38
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats ebiz for the Figo. I believe the BHPians are lapping up the Figos quite rapidly. Everyday we have 1 or 2 reviews on the Figo. Waiting especially for the interior pics. We still haven't seen the Figo with the black Dashboard avatar.
anything from ford finds takers here as many ford lovers Figo has anyways shaken up the entry level hatch market, what is interesting is that what car is going to take a beating with the diesel sales of Figo expected to be much more.
Old 8th April 2010, 11:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
Your car looks very nice, e-biz. I too have booked one in this colour (1.4 Diesel Titanium). Although I have a weakness for blue and wish Ford had brought the Figo out in a blue as well, but I instantly fell for Chill when I saw it on the second visit to the showroom here. I like the silver, golden and green hues that the colour brings out. Plus I also think the (Cool) Figo and Chill go well together!

Thanks Prabal. Initially we liked the Silver colour but since that was quite a common colour we didnt opt for it. Chill colour does give a cool feel
Old 8th April 2010, 14:26   #40
BHPian

Congrats on the Figo e-biz!
Old 12th April 2010, 14:06   #41
BHPian

Couple of things i came across

1) If am not really slow on speed breakers, then the car is getting a hit. Looks something on the underbody is a tad bit low floored. Since Figo is built on the same platform as Fiesta's didnt expect this.

2) The engine is sluggish at low revvs and is happy only when it reaches high speeds. Had to pull it for a long time to get near 130 on the chennai - tindivanam highway. Any ideas to decrease the sluggishness at low speeds; Have a swift diesel in the family, it ain't this bad at low speeds
Old 12th April 2010, 15:05   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post

1) If am not really slow on speed breakers, then the car is getting a hit. Looks something on the underbody is a tad bit low floored. Since Figo is built on the same platform as Fiesta's didnt expect this.

2) The engine is sluggish at low revvs and is happy only when it reaches high speeds. Had to pull it for a long time to get near 130 on the chennai - tindivanam highway. Any ideas to decrease the sluggishness at low speeds; Have a swift diesel in the family, it ain't this bad at low speeds
I never had this problem if I kept the car in rev-band of 1800rpm to 2500rpm. And easily touched 100km+ with 5 passengers and almost full boot.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
anything from ford finds takers here as many ford lovers Figo has anyways shaken up the entry level hatch market, what is interesting is that what car is going to take a beating with the diesel sales of Figo expected to be much more.
I was expecting Figo diesel to petrol sales to be 75-25 like in the Fiesta, but apparently it's close to 50-50 at the moment. We'll get a better picture in a few months from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post

Was the car fully loaded? Speed breakers are meant to be taken slow anyway.

Quote:
I think you probably need to be in the right gears and rev range. I felt the Swift's low end response was worse than the Figo's due to former's very apparent turbo lag.

Last edited by Gilead : 12th April 2010 at 15:18.
Old 12th April 2010, 15:14   #44
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
I never had this problem if I kept the car in rev-band of 1800rpm to 2500rpm. And easily touched 100km+ with 5 passengers and almost full boot.
Yes exactly, You should always keep the revs between 1800-2500 rpm to get good performance from the TDCI, Change gears in the 2500-3000 rpm range.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:18   #45
BHPian

1) Am getting a slight clatter noise from the engine. Planning to get it checked with the dealer tomorrow
2) Not able to figure out how to activate front wiper with spray. If i pull the lever towards me, then the back wiper only starts operating. To activate front wiper i have to push the lever on the other side. But not able to figure our how to activate wiper-wash for front windscreen
3)Update on FE : Have done about 567kms with still 106 more to go. My driving has been mostly within the city. This gives about 14-15kms per litre, which i am happy with at the moment. About to fill up tank again

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks