Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2010, 11:51   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
2) Not able to figure out how to activate front wiper with spray. If i pull the lever towards me, then the back wiper only starts operating. To activate front wiper i have to push the lever on the other side. But not able to figure our how to activate wiper-wash for front windscreen
Take the car manual in the car with you & read how to operate wipers, you will clearly understand how it work, There is a pictoral depiction also in that, i believe.
Old 13th April 2010, 13:12   #47
BHPian

Congrats ! The Figo looks really superb in Chill. Have fun driving!
Old 13th April 2010, 13:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Am getting a slight clatter noise from the engine. Planning to get it checked with the dealer tomorrow
2) Not able to figure out how to activate front wiper with spray. If i pull the lever towards me, then the back wiper only starts operating. To activate front wiper i have to push the lever on the other side. But not able to figure our how to activate wiper-wash for front windscreen
You should be able to press the end of the wiper stalk a bit to the left to activate the spray cum wipe. The symbol will be there too.
Old 13th April 2010, 15:05   #49
BHPian

as Gilead said, press the end of the stalk like you press a ball point pen or your lead pencil, hope this helps. Press the end of the stalk into the stalk.
Old 13th April 2010, 17:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Press the end of the stalk into the stalk.
Thanks @scorpio, this did help. Thank you all.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:11   #51
BHPian

Got a problem - Tried to eject a cd which was playing. Got a message on the audio display "CD Eject" and it stayed like it. Not able to get the CD out even after trying the audio fuse. But when i change the source, the FM and aux-in plays well. Any ideas?
Old 15th April 2010, 17:07   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Got a problem - Tried to eject a cd which was playing. Got a message on the audio display "CD Eject" and it stayed like it. Not able to get the CD out even after trying the audio fuse. But when i change the source, the FM and aux-in plays well. Any ideas?
have you gone through the Audio manual that came along with the car, check for any alternative to get the CD out, like in the case of computers, you have a pin hole and when you poke it the drive comes out? something in those lines have a thorough read of the manual.
Old 15th April 2010, 17:15   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Is the CD a normal sized CD or some exotic/special design one's? Does it still play when you change the source back to CD?
Old 15th April 2010, 17:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Is the CD a normal sized CD or some exotic/special design one's? Does it still play when you change the source back to CD?

Its just a normal CD. No, its doesn't play when i change the source back to CD. Tried all possible ways to eject but to no avail. Guess, i need to take it to the dealer
Old 15th April 2010, 17:34   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its just a normal CD. No, its doesn't play when i change the source back to CD. Tried all possible ways to eject but to no avail. Guess, i need to take it to the dealer
Don't settle for a repair job. These kind of issues can never be fixed permanently. Ask for a full replacement under warranty.
Old 15th April 2010, 17:38   #56
BHPian

Looks like a job for the dealer. I'm going to get that USB cable ASAP.
Old 15th April 2010, 17:46   #57
BHPian

May be a stupid thought, but just thinking aloud..is there any remote chance that the CD would have got bent out of shape bcos of heat due to parking under the sun for a long time! Have read stories about stuffs melting inside due to heat build up!

e-Biz may like to confirm if the car was parked too long in the sun before this happened?
Old 15th April 2010, 19:05   #58
BANNED

No sanjay, It could not have happened. I guess its an alignment issue which may only go away if the whole unit is changed but let the service guys check & see & sometimes coincidently it does happen (probability 1/1000)
Old 16th April 2010, 12:37   #59
BHPian

Just got a call from Ford customer service and also from the dealer (chennai ford). They have asked me to bring in the car for a checkup and said would replace the parts if required, after the checkup.
Old 19th April 2010, 13:45   #60
BHPian

Called up Chennai Ford on Friday and informed them of the issue i have with the audio CD not ejecting. They asked me to bring in the car for checking the audio system on Saturday around 10.30am.

Prompty, i was at their Arumbakkam workshop at 10.30am. One of the supervisors there Mr.Baskaran arranged for someone to look into the issue. After dilly dallying for nearly an hour, they came back saying that the audio system should be sent to the vendor for service checkup / replacement (only if necessary). I negotiated for a replacement, however they were adamant that replacement will be done only after checkup and that too if they find it necessary. I got totally OFF with their replies and called Ford 1-800 number but got the same reply. In the meantime Satish , a Business development manager was terse enough to say "Its new but this is all we can do". I thought there was some jarring noise coming from the front speakers and hd asked them to check it. At around 12.30pm, they gave the car back to me after taking off the audio (which left a gaping hole in my 'new' car and which would take around 5-7 days for them to check). When i was about to take off with my car, i found that they had fixed the door pads properly after checking the front speakers.

Got pissed off at this and demanded to see the Workshop Managar. I was asked to wait and while i was waiting i could see the manager walking around and making enquiries with their people. Finally he offered a different audio system for the time being, said will try to replace the audio system (though he did not guarantee it, still i appreciate the way he handled the issue). The ordeal finally came to an end around 1.45pm.

It takes only about 10 mins to take the audio system off the car and fit a new one back in but Chennai Ford took nearly 3 hours

While I understand that there would be a delay for the engineer/ mechanic as there are also other vehicles waiting, i did not like the way it was handled. While i really appreciate the workshop manager for his efforts, its really appalling to see that no one else was willing to take this matter in their hands.

I have also written to Ford customer care about my issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks