Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 12:06   #106
BHPian

Is there some kind of specification that speed breakers are built to?
Old 7th May 2010, 12:11   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Is there some kind of specification that speed breakers are built to?
actually there is a rule as to how big the hump should be with the sloping gradient but no one follows it. Also, most of the speed breakers are make shift done by locals in the area.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:30   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
I am not sure how bad the speedbreakers in your city are.
However, some of the tips we use to deal with this menace here in Bangalore are as follows:

1.) Approach the speedbreaker at an angle. Usually you are able to escape without scraping.
2.) Make sure you are slow, and in first gear before climbing the bump.
3.) Once you are in the process of the front wheel clearing the bump, do not apply brakes, this will cause the GC to lower, and it will scrape.

This is how even i do it. It doesn't happen in Chennai though. I travel once a fortnight on the chennai tindivanam highway. There are 3 toll plazas. These happen only in the bumps near these plazas. Though they are small, think their height is a bit abnormal.

So far have not had any scrapes in chennai city. Hope to continue the lucky streak
Old 7th May 2010, 13:42   #109
BHPian

I have 11 speed breakers in my office complex to maneuver everyday from the gate to my office, all of varying sizes. Never had any issues with the ground clearance even when 4 persons were sitting in the car.
Old 7th May 2010, 15:29   #110
RGK
Senior - BHPian

- Innnova will hit (will not underscrap) the bump if you brake it before and very near to the bump. Actually the front protruding bumper will hit the bump
- Never brake very very near to the bump or if your front wheels have passed the bump
- Control mostly in gear or acceleration
- The specification of the bumps are not at all followed in any of the roads - The toll plaza bumps are worst especially one near in Chingleput in NH45. When I asked them, they said some vehicles do not pay and run way if the speed brakers are made smooth as per specification.
When i took TD in the golf course road in Nandanam, I passed the speed brakers with 4 pax and did not underscrap (may be i would have been over cautious)
Old 7th May 2010, 17:37   #111
BHPian

I think when we TD a car, we are rather over-cautious, and it does not reflect our normal driving style!
Old 12th May 2010, 12:12   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
I think when we TD a car, we are rather over-cautious, and it does not reflect our normal driving style!
Very True and also we are anxious about driving a new car as well...

After my highway run, i have dont about 300 kms in the city and the average fuel consumption has dropped back to a disappointing around 13 kmpl. Don't know how could there be a huge drop between highway and city mileage - maybe the city roads are too clogged which requires frequent toggling of gears
Old 26th May 2010, 15:07   #113
BHPian

Having trouble pairing my new samsung mobile with Figo's bluetooth.

Earlier I had the Nokia and it was pretty simple and easy. Now, i always get "connection error" whenever i try to connect.

This is what i do
  1. I enable bluetooth in my mobile and do a search till i get the Ford connectivity
  2. Press and hold the "menu" button in the Figo until i get phone device
  3. Then i select pair devices
  4. Rotate the black knob
  5. It does a search and am able to see my mobile ID
  6. Problem starts here - Am unable to do anything after this
Can anyone help here?
Old 26th May 2010, 17:00   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post

Earlier I had the Nokia and it was pretty simple and easy. Now, i always get "connection error" whenever i try to connect.
  1. It does a search and am able to see my mobile ID
  2. Problem starts here - Am unable to do anything after this
Can anyone help here?
what exactly happens after finding your mobile id, check whether your phone allows pairing. try pairing from the phone without initating from the car.

Also, i find that you had posted regarding under body scrapping. I have scrapped only thrice and it was my mistake. I braked after taking the front wheels over the bumper twice and the thrid time was at about 30kmph.
Best is as others suggested, slow down take the bump at first gear, dont brake just befor you hit the bump. it helps
Old 15th June 2010, 17:32   #115
BHPian

I got that error too with my new Alcatel Mobile. I realized that I was inputting a wrong code. Its strange but for my Nokia its 0000 and for the Alcatel its 1234.

I restarted the phone and kept trying and it finally succeeded.

Quote:
Old 15th June 2010, 21:22   #116

Sorry to play spoilsport here guys ! can anyone guide me on what needs to be done to lodge my complaint against the ford dealership here in Mysore as even after waiting for 2+ months, I have not yet received my figo. The sales manager is always armed with an array of lies. Tried to be nice to them but my patience is wearing thin. Mustang any help here would be really appreciated !
Old 16th June 2010, 17:17   #117
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is what i do
  1. I enable bluetooth in my mobile and do a search till i get the Ford connectivity
  2. Press and hold the "menu" button in the Figo until i get phone device
  3. Then i select pair devices
  4. Rotate the black knob
  5. It does a search and am able to see my mobile ID
  6. Problem starts here - Am unable to do anything after this
Can anyone help here?
I think you need to reset the earlier pair. Think Bluetooth hearing devices will not allow two phones to be paired. I had the same problem when pairing my nokia bluetooth earphone with two nokia phones.
Old 16th June 2010, 20:36   #118
BHPian

e-biz congrats on your car.

Iam a tad disappointed with the FE figures, my Ikon-D gives me 19 Kmpl under normal city conditions, and highways in excess of 22kms consistently.A smaller car (no boot) with same engine and gear box should return similair or better figures. I did feel the gear ratios to be quite similair to Ikon-D as well.Beats me ????

And I have never ever scraped a chennai speed breaker yet on my Ikon.

Yes the windscreens for Ikon and Fiesta are considerably different in terms of heat resistent.It gets awfully hot in the IKon.

And regarding Chennai Ford's service, wait till you experience MPL, CF are way better.

Try changing your filling station, I found BP suiting my Ikon much better.
Old 18th June 2010, 13:29   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwheels View Post
Sorry to play spoilsport here guys ! can anyone guide me on what needs to be done to lodge my complaint against the ford dealership here in Mysore as even after waiting for 2+ months, I have not yet received my figo. The sales manager is always armed with an array of lies. Tried to be nice to them but my patience is wearing thin. Mustang any help here would be really appreciated !
Visit Ford India website. They have an email for customer care. Send them an email, this reached Ford India directly and they would take it up with the concerned dealer and respond to you. I had a couple of service hiccups which got resolved this way
Old 18th June 2010, 13:36   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax View Post
e-biz congrats on your car.

Iam a tad disappointed with the FE figures, my Ikon-D gives me 19 Kmpl under normal city conditions, and highways in excess of 22kms consistently.A smaller car (no boot) with same engine and gear box should return similair or better figures. I did feel the gear ratios to be quite similair to Ikon-D as well.Beats me ????

And I have never ever scraped a chennai speed breaker yet on my Ikon.
Just finished my first service. Getting around 15kmpl with full AC / full city on a tank-tank calculation.

Looks like the Figo though built on the same platform as that of Fiesta is a tad low set than the Fiesta / Ikon. I have scraped only one speedbreaker (near vadapalani) with 4 people on, however i do the scrapes the ones near toll gates - ECR, OMR, chengalpattu, tindivanam especially if there are 4 people on board. Looks like these speedbreakers though small are not according to normal standards. All said and done, am sure the Figo's base is very low compared to any other car . I have travellled in a 800 on all these roads and no scraping there

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks