Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 19:55   #736
Senior - BHPian

Re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazykid View Post
Same squeaking noise, during cold starts, lasting for 3-4 kms
I would suggest to clean and grease the front caliper pins and also clean, grease and check the rear brake system, especially the master cylinders( point 6 in this link)

I had taken a 2001 wagonR which had heating brakes to a MASS and turned out that both rear master cylinders had seized creating a constant drag. Since the car barely did any significant kms after the initial 3-4 years it turned out that the brakes weren't touched since the last 13-14 years. Changing of all pads, shoes, cylinders, greasing etc. came to about 6500 all inclusive 1-2 years ago.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th July 2023 at 09:30. Reason: Link removed
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2023, 17:31   #737
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Our WagonR is nearing its yearly maintenance schedule. It's a 2013 model with 36K Kms on Odo. Have been doing the yearly service from their service centre. From the past two years have noticed a wheezing sound from the engine bay when the speed nears 40km/hr and sound increases with speed further. I also think sound increases while the AC is switched on. Is it normal to have this sound?

Also another doubt I have is regarding its fuel efficiency. We get a mileage near 15km/l. The usual driving pattern is a mix of city and highway drive in equal proportions. We only use AC for half the time. Also I don't go past 65-70 km/hr speed due to the Kerala roads and also due to the said noise issue.

Is it normal for the WagonRs to show these issues. Comparing with other cars in and just above the segment, I find other cars are more refined and have better mileage. Is this issue specific with my car or would it be common with ageing.

Expecting replies from experienced owners, so that the suggestions could be pointed out during our next service. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by RR96 : 7th November 2023 at 17:38.
Old 24th November 2023, 06:48   #738
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki WagonR : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR96 View Post
From the past two years have noticed a wheezing sound from the engine bay when the speed nears 40km/hr and sound increases with speed further. Is it normal to have this sound?
Got the WagonR serviced from a FNG. The noise was from one of the wheel bearing and got it changed. The overall cost of the service and change of parts was ₹3.1K. ₹700 for a bearing, ₹150 for bearing lathe charges, ₹1100 for engine oil and oil filter, ₹1200 as the labour charge. Usually had been servicing from authorised service centre and this time decided to try a different place. Overall satisfied with the service at the FNG.
RR96 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks