Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2019, 11:13   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Uneven tyre wear-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I have a WagonR which has run 35k kms. I have been facing outer tyre wear out in both the rear tyres due to a positive camber. I got it checked at Maruti A.S.S during my last service and they couldn't figure out anything. They just said that the "rear suspension might be bent due to accident or some road bump". They did the WB/WA and asked me to check me to check for few more kms. 4.5k kms later I find the problem is still there.
Quote:
The ODO stands at 72.9k kms.

Both the Yokohama Earth 1s at the rear have worn out on the outer edge while the front ones still have another 5-10k kms life. My FNG said it could be due to the fact that I travel alone most of the times and hence there isn't any load on the rear tyres leading to positive camber.
My WagonR is at 79.2k kms as of today and is running on its 3rd set of tyres. From my experience, each tyre set lasts for 35-40k kms(last 5k is a bit of a stretch). I get them rotated every 5-7k kms.

I have observed it consistently on two sets of tyres, the rear tyres wear out a tiny bit more on the outer edges (both tyres). After 30k odd kms, I can see the impact of this additional wear out and then nearing 40k, I change the tyres.

There's no impact on performance. I do very long road trips 3-4 times every year. I have taken it to the hills, village roads, single lane highways to six-lane highways - no complaints at any point. I drive other cars frequently and so, I have points of reference/comparison as well.

A 35-40k km life span for a tyre set is totally fine for me. However this uneven wear-out disturbs me always. I got the car checked at 3 different ASS and FNG. No one found any issue with the rear suspension. I attributed it to some bad crash into a big pothole on some day which might have had some impact on the suspension. Since no one could debug it, I continued driving my car happily.

In the last 2 months, I noticed 3 different WagonRs parked, which had run some distance. They were running Apollo Amazers which looked worn out (hence my assumption about their running). In these three random samples, I could see the outer edges of the rear tyres were worn out more than then inner edges. The front tyres were very evenly worn out through out. Even though I don't know the history of these cars, it can't be coincidence they have same suspension issues. It seems like a known or frequent issue affecting several WagonRs.

Has anyone else faced this issue of higher wear out on the outer side of rear tyres? Is there a solution for it?

Note: All the above samples were VXi variants, same as mine. They come with 14-inch wheels.

Last edited by ashis89 : 20th May 2019 at 11:15.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2020, 00:07   #722

Re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Initial 4 yrs of my 2013 CNG wagon R were totally trouble free.

Prior to 80,000 Mark I only changed 2 tyres and replaced all 3 injectors at 60k on the odo.

After 80k all hell broke loose. Clutch plate, all 4 brake pads, all engine mountings, both front wheel bearing and now another one is making noise, engine valve seat work, 5 new Yokohama earth 1 tyres, steering rack.and pinion change, suspension overhaul, front shocks In the past 2 years or so have easily spent more than 1.0 lakhs in total and now odo reads 1,05,000 and again injector seems to have clogged up as petrol running is bad while cng is ok, rear shocks have weakened.

As far as FE is concerned 1 kg of cng lasts for 130 kgs in city (Mumbai) and 210-20 kms on highway.

Petrol never checked in the city but highway is close to 15 kmpl in full AC and which is pathetic
Old 16th July 2020, 18:49   #723
BHPian

Folks, need your advice here. My father in law is looking to purchase an used Wagon R. He is a first time car buyer with below requirements

1) Low Maintenance / Low frequency of maintenance
2) Low usage ( Monthly 500 kms )
3) First time car buyer - he will learn driving in this one too

Car in focus :

Year : 2014
Kilometers run : 12000, 1st hand
Cost quoted : 3.5 Lakhs, ( Negotiable unto 3.25 Lakhs I guess )

Please suggest if he can go ahead with the purchase
Old 16th July 2020, 19:03   #724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Folks, need your advice here. My father in law is looking to purchase an used Wagon R. He is a first time car buyer with below requirements

1) Low Maintenance / Low frequency of maintenance
2) Low usage ( Monthly 500 kms )
3) First time car buyer - he will learn driving in this one too
As a long time user of a WagonR, I can share my thoughts. The WagonR will meet the above criteria for sure - low maintenance, easy to drive and easy to entry/exit. As long as you don't hit the highway frequently, it is quite perfect as a city run-about.

Quote:
Car in focus :

Year : 2014
Kilometers run : 12000, 1st hand
Cost quoted : 3.5 Lakhs, ( Negotiable unto 3.25 Lakhs I guess )

Please suggest if he can go ahead with the purchase
The price seems pretty high but it depends on the resale value in your city. Check other similar listings in your area to get an idea.

To give you an idea, I paid 2/3 the price for a two year old 14k km run car back when I bought it. But the resale prices in my state are relatively low.

It is a pretty low run car, 2k kms per year or barely 200 kms per month. Test drive it before you take a call. If you buy it, get the tyres changed as they would be old and inspect the battery if not changed already.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2020, 06:48   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

2nd Gen WagonR with S Presso's diamond cut MGA alloys:

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img20200819wa0083.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 22:10   #726
BHPian

Sharing some pictures of our Wagon R which recently crossed 27,000kms.

Morning Click.
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-wagon-r.jpg

Facing the Varkala Beach.
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-wagon-r-varkala-beach.jpg

In front of Anjengo Fort.
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-wagon-r-anjengo-fort.jpg

P.S. Don't know whether it was the right thread to post.
RR96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 18:55   #727
BHPian

Hi Bhpians,

Last week I purchased a pre-owned WagonR Vxi AMT 2017 model. Have couple of queries and looking for help.

1. Does the Vxi model comes with rear spoiler as default? My car has a rear spoiler. Wanted to know if it's a MGA or Aftermarket.
2. The car has the standard Maruti music system. I want to adjust the clock and for some reason unable to find the necessary setting
3. Can a 9 inch screen android auto system be installed on WagonR?
4. The car has cheap rubber mats. Any pointers for good quality (not very expensive) 3D or 4D mats compatible with this car.

Thanks in advance.

Will be posting a detailed buying experience and initial review of the car soon.
Old 15th November 2021, 13:58   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Last week I purchased a pre-owned WagonR Vxi AMT 2017 model. Have couple of queries and looking for help.

1. Does the Vxi model comes with rear spoiler as default? My car has a rear spoiler. Wanted to know if it's a MGA or Aftermarket.
2. The car has the standard Maruti music system. I want to adjust the clock and for some reason unable to find the necessary setting
Will be posting a detailed buying experience and initial review of the car soon.
Hello,

Hope you would have got the answers to your questions, if not I would answer the above two.
  1. Our Wagon R is the same gen 2013 model and it didn't come with a spoiler by default. We bought an after-market one for around Rs.3K. I think it might be an after-market or an accessory from ASS itself.
  2. I would attach an image from the manual of the music system for clock adjustment. I had done it long back after checking the manual.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-wagonr-clock-adj.jpg  

Old 29th October 2022, 14:21   #729
BHPian

Sharing a photo of our WagonR in front of a pond in our village, Pangod.

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_20221025_162315992_hdr.jpg
Old 5th February 2023, 14:20   #730
BHPian

WagonR Lxi CNG early 2013 confirms to what emission norms? Isn't it BS IV?
Old 24th April 2023, 16:37   #731
BHPian

Bidding Farewell to My Trusty WagonR - A Journey of Memories

Dear fellow automobile enthusiasts,

It's with a heavy heart that I write this post to bid farewell to my beloved WagonR, a car that has been a part of my life for many years. As a proud member of Team-BHP, I couldn't think of a better place to share my heartfelt emotions with fellow enthusiasts who understand the bond we form with our vehicles.

I still remember the day I brought my WagonR home, a 2013 model that was brand new and shiny. It was my first car, and I had many adventures and memories with it. I learned how to drive in its comfortable seats and embarked on numerous road trips across different locations like Kolli Hills with its 72 hairpin bends,Ooty, Kodaikanal, Munar and Yercaurd to name a few

My WagonR was not just a car; it was my trusted companion that never let me down. It transported me and my loved ones to breathtaking destinations, with its reliable performance and smooth handling. Whether it was navigating the winding roads of the hills or cruising on the highways, my WagonR never disappointed.

One of the things I loved the most about my WagonR was its versatility. Its spacious interiors and folding seats made it perfect for transporting big suitcases or other bulky items. I had many memorable road trips with friends and family, creating cherished memories that will last a lifetime.

And let's not forget about its impressive fuel efficiency. With a fuel economy of 19kmpl on highways, my WagonR made our road trips more affordable and enjoyable. It was a practical and economical choice that never failed to impress me.

But it wasn't just about the performance and practicality; my WagonR was also a teacher. It taught me valuable lessons about driving, maintenance, and the joy of exploring the world behind the wheel. It gave me the confidence to take on new adventures, and I will forever be grateful for the memories it created.

As I bid farewell to my WagonR, I wanted to share this emotional moment with my fellow Team-BHP members. This community has been a constant source of inspiration and knowledge for me, and I'm grateful to be part of such a passionate group of automobile enthusiasts.

Though I have moved to a Nexon now, I know that the memories I created with my WagonR will stay with me forever. It's not just a car; it's a part of my life's journey, and I'll always cherish the moments we had together.

I want to thank Team-BHP for providing a platform where I can share my emotions and experiences with fellow enthusiasts. It's a community that understands the bond we form with our vehicles and the emotions that come with saying goodbye.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img202208061725442.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img202208061725532.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img20220806172632.jpg  

Bala02 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 19:25   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- Has anyone else faced this issue of higher wear out on the outer side of rear tyres? Is there a solution for it?
- All the above samples were VXi variants, same as mine. They come with 14-inch wheels.
- Same in our case
- Ditto
Details : 35k kms run 2016 wagonR VXi on stock apollo amazer 3Gs

I think we can safely call it a feature now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala02 View Post
It's a community that understands the bond we form with our vehicles and the emotions that come with saying goodbye.
Completely understand your situation and as goes with anything/anyone we love, we remember them by the memories we created together.
That's a fitting tribute especially to unsung heroes like the wagonR.

The Nexon seems like a good upgrade and in a nutshell what do you feel works and doesn't as compared to the old warrior

Last edited by shancz : 24th April 2023 at 19:31. Reason: add reply
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 11:03   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
- Same in our case
- Ditto
Details : 35k kms run 2016 wagonR VXi on stock apollo amazer 3Gs

I think we can safely call it a feature now

Completely understand your situation and as goes with anything/anyone we love, we remember them by the memories we created together.
That's a fitting tribute especially to unsung heroes like the wagonR.

The Nexon seems like a good upgrade and in a nutshell what do you feel works and doesn't as compared to the old warrior
Thank you for your warm words.
Now that I have gotten used to the Nexon, I like the pickup, ride quality and braking. Having a vehicle with good crash test rating also inspires confidence in highways.The extra boot space is also a boon.
Bala02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 15:22   #734
BHPian

Any Idea of how much it will cost in parts and what parts needs to be changed to do a suspension overhaul on a WagonR LXI CNG 2013?
Odometer stands at 47K Kms

If I am not mistaken, the rear suspension is slightly different in the CNG Variant to compensate for the CNG Tank and all.
Old 19th June 2023, 17:21   #735

Wanted the advice of the experienced BHPians in the forum

We have an Oct 2015 Maruti WagonR K10 VXi in the family. It is used mostly by my grandparents , and is barely run around 20k kilometers.

Since the past couple of months, I have started using it on an everyday basis, and I've noticed that whenever the car is started after a long time i.e a cold start, the brakes make a squealing sound. This sound usually disappears after driving for around 3 or 4 kms.

After going through the vehicle's service history, I noticed that the brake pads had never been serviced in the past 8 years.

So I went to a local garage in Palika Bazaar, Shastri Market. They inspected the brakes and said the pads need to be changed and the discs need to be skimmed. I too noticed that lines had formed on the discs. So I gave them the go ahead to carry out the job.

The brake pads were changed with MGP pads and the discs were skimmed in front of me. The following few days, the issue seemed to be resolved.

But a week later, the same issue has crept up again. Same squeaking noise, during cold starts, lasting for 3-4 kms

Mind you, there was never a drop in braking performance that I noticed even before the pads were changed.

What could be the reasons for this? Looking forward to some sound advice

TIA
Rahul

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks