Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2017, 21:59   #661
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish View Post
In a similar situation...went through most of the cars in the segment and decided on WagonR. ....Seems the best car for city driving !!!! In the process of booking a WagonR AMT / AGS
After going through many reviews and ownership reports I think alto K10 AMT is better than Celerio AMT. Though I have not decided whether I'll go with MT or AMT. Whats your opinion on Alto K10 AMT?
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:06   #662
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I am in the market for a hatchback. It will only be used for city driving. Was confused between Eon, Celerio, Alto K10 and Wagon R. Which one would be the best buy? Any other option I have apart from these cars. Max budget is 4.5L.

Thanks
I own a WagonR 1.0 manual and love to drive the car within the city except for a very big flaw, poor low end torque. When the car is moving, there is no problem. But stop-go traffic can be frustrating. Second big flaw is plastic quality in Maruti cars which rattle in a few years time. The advantages are tall boy seating, easy getting/walking in and out, clear view of the road (except for a blind spot in A-pillar) and good FE.

Have you TDed the Tiago?
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:17   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I own a WagonR 1.0 manual and love to drive the car within the city except for a very big flaw, poor low end torque. When the car is moving, there is no problem. But stop-go traffic can be frustrating. Second big flaw is plastic quality in Maruti cars which rattle in a few years time. The advantages are tall boy seating, easy getting/walking in and out, clear view of the road (except for a blind spot in A-pillar) and good FE.

Have you TDed the Tiago?
I have a Tiago in my family so I want a different car. I think I will go with Celerio only. Decent car with good engine and FE.
Old 4th March 2017, 23:31   #664
BHPian

Today evening after a drive of about 25 Kms started smelling petrol fumes inside the car (Wagon R AMT). Opened the bonnet to checkout and observed that there seems to be petrol leakage in/around the part in the snap below. The braided sleeve had had slipped and the rubber tube had been in contact with the metal part and seems to have developed a leak. I moved the braided sleeve so that the tube is covered now. Plan to call Maruti care in the morning to check it out. Is this a file line ?
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-fullsizerender.jpg  

Old 5th March 2017, 22:36   #665
BHPian

Turns out the fuel line had sprung a leak because of the rubbing against the metal part (and heat ?). The pipe was replaced and re-routed. The braided sleeve was also tie-strapped securely. Do check in your cars if this is an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_0362.jpg  

Old 8th March 2017, 05:11   #666

All,

My father is looking to buy an automatic car only for city driving and he's almost 67 now. He's also tall.

Can anyone suggest if Wagon R Automatic will be a better option or will this be worthwhile to shell out more and buy an Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic?

Priorities: Convenience, Price, Maintenance cost and Mileage

Regards,
Bluenile
Old 8th March 2017, 06:51   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenile View Post
All,

My father is looking to buy an automatic car only for city driving and he's almost 67 now. He's also tall.

Can anyone suggest if Wagon R Automatic will be a better option or will this be worthwhile to shell out more and buy an Hyundai Grand i10 Automatic?

Priorities: Convenience, Price, Maintenance cost and Mileage

Regards,
Bluenile
Its a good car but I think its due for a change anytime now. You can have a look at Celerio as well. Its a nice car and your dad should be comfortable in that car as well.
Old 26th May 2017, 22:29   #668
BHPian

Hello all, we own a 2015 WagonR VXI, it has completed about 31000 Kms. Until now, everything was going fine but since a week a weird problem has crept in. The car makes a shrill whining noise during braking. We sent the car to Concept Cars, Sitapur [Maruti Suzuki service centre] for repair. The SA said, "The noise was there because of dirt in the brakes and we have cleaned them", but after a day or so the noise has recurred.

Please, advise me how can we get rid of the problem and what is its cause.

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
Old 26th May 2017, 23:52   #669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
Hello all, we own a 2015 WagonR VXI, it has completed about 31000 Kms. Until now, everything was going fine but since a week a weird problem has crept in. The car makes a shrill whining noise during braking. We sent the car to Concept Cars, Sitapur [Maruti Suzuki service centre] for repair. The SA said, "The noise was there because of dirt in the brakes and we have cleaned them", but after a day or so the noise has recurred.

Please, advise me how can we get rid of the problem and what is its cause.

With Regards,
Shreyas Kumar Agarwal
If the noise goes away a while after you brake hard or the brakes heat up then it is normal. If it doesn't, get the calliper pins and the entire mechanism checked.

The whistling or whining as you call it could be because of driving through a lot of water. Pouring hard water on the discs can also cause this noise. This is normal. Get the calliper pins greased as this could be a prime suspect IMO.
Old 28th May 2017, 20:30   #670
BHPian

Our Wagon R Vxi AMT Option went in for the 6months / 5000km Second Free Service today.

Right from the day we took delivery, I had noticed that there was a thud sound from the front suspension similar to what we get when the bushes are shot. Had informed at the First Free Service. But on that day along with the Wagon R I had taken the Ertiga in for its 3rd Service which included an oil change and hence I was spending more time with it.

It seems the Wagon R was just washed and given to me without the issue not being really addressed.

Today being a Sunday and month end there were very few customers (just 4 others in fact). The staff on duty too were very less. Just 2 service advisors and 4 mechanics.

I raised the issue and put my foot down that it should be solved. The sound was diagnosed as a bad strut bush.

The strut bush on both sides were changed under warranty.

Vehicle in and out in 1.5 hours with​ me acting as the handyman for the mechanic.

The sound is now gone. But need to drive a few more kilometres to be sure.

A snap of the bush with packing
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-img_20170528_102413.jpg  

Last edited by Ramon : 28th May 2017 at 20:31.
Ramon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 21:21   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

I drive a '11 WagonR VXi which has done ~56k kms. I am facing grinding noise from the front brakes intermittently.

The OE front brakes were replaced around 38.5k kms. Around 52.5k mark, the brakes started making a grinding noise and there was slight fade. This happened when I was braking frequently at short intervals, like on ghat roads or long stretches of broken roads. I got it checked and we found that brake pads on the driver side were rusty and brittle. My FNG guys also agreed while the pads were fairly new but the rubber was hard and brittle. He suspected the the pads were immersed for long time in stagnant water but I denied confidently.

We got a new set of TVS Girling brake pads replacing the earlier ones of the same make. I reconfirmed that the discs are absolutely fine. Now at 3.5k kms later, the screeching sound is back. Like earlier, the sound is heard only during frequent braking sessions and is totally fine at other times. I am confused now.

What could be the reason of the screeching sound when the pads are hot (assuming frequent braking will heat them up)? Is it normal?

Edit: Are TVS Girling brake pads bad? FYI, they cost me 550 bucks for the front wheel set. If so what should I get?

Last edited by ashis89 : 13th November 2017 at 21:27.
Old 29th November 2017, 15:11   #672
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone upgraded the speakers and/or head-unit of the WagonR VXi?
Old 30th November 2017, 15:28   #673
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

Following are the observations of 6 months/~9000 kms of ownership of my Wagon R Vxi(O) Manual Transmission.

Pros
  • Fuel Efficient.(~17kmpl overall in 6 months of usage).
  • Roomy interiors.
  • Light and short travel clutch.
  • Short throw, slick gear shifts.
  • Not so bad handling considering it is a tallboy.
  • Reasonably good audio quality for a stock music system.
  • Good for airport runs. With the rear seats folded, 3-4 large travel bags can easily be accommadated without affecting the vision from IRVM.

Cons
  • Ride quality:- Stiff suspension setup coupled with body roll and floorboard vibration leads to an overall below average ride quality for our roads. Even the slightest of undulations on the road is passed on to the pedals, floorboard. I believe this is a characteristic in all the budget cars.
  • Poor low end torque:- coupled with a light but snappy clutch, will wear out the legs in extended driving in traffic. One will have to slip the clutch generously to avoid stalling. Due to this the clutch needs to be adjusted frequently, else the play in the clutch would reduce to nil.
  • Excessive tyre noise:- surprisingly other external noises are well isolated. My car is shod with Apollo Amazer 3G.

Issues Faced
Complained to MASS about the excessive tyre noise, stiff suspension, but unfortunately could not get a fruitful resolution.

I commute for 80kms(two-way) on weekdays through mix of highways and dense traffic, and the bad ride quality does result in fatigue at the end of the day. I honestly do feel a much comfortable and an even more fuel efficient car like Baleno/Swift diesel would have better suited my requirements.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 30th November 2017 at 15:33.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2017, 05:37   #674
BHPian

Hi all

I am picking up a wagon r amt this week.
Two questions..

1: I had tried my scanisk 32gb usb pen drive on the stock music system on one of the cars in dealership the songs were just skipping without playing.
May i know which brand and howany GB USB pendrive do other wagon r amt owners use in your wagon r stock music system?

2: has anyone fit a arm rest in the new wagon r? If yes can you please share a pic and details as to which brand where did u purchase it?

Thanks.
Old 5th December 2017, 10:43   #675
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti WagonR : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgnishanth View Post
Hi all

2: has anyone fit a arm rest in the new wagon r? If yes can you please share a pic and details as to which brand where did u purchase it?

Thanks.
I have installed an armrest in my car. It is tight fit but gets the work done.
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-handrest.png

You can refer my post here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4203949

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Last edited by ashis89 : 5th December 2017 at 10:59.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks