Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2013, 11:53   #511
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Oh.wow,this snapshot is from the latest Maruti Suzuki TVC.Great.I hope they do not change the mounting points,i'll get the bumper replaced when the new one is launched.Will it be possible?
The headlamp assembly seems to be the same one as in the current version. So I dont think they have played with the mounting points. But I will wait till I see one in real life. I am going your way too! But wonder whats cooking in the interior part - USB, MID, and audio controls?
Or was it done specially for the ad?
Old 1st January 2013, 12:36   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
This could be the face-lifted version of the WagonR to be launched in 2013. That horrible lower air dam is gone, and now it looks much better, IMO.
Hello Superb capture of possible front dressing of new WagonR in 2013.

The Car in the capture of TV advertisement looks good & it gives a further macho looks to the front portion. Recently WagonR Lxi Pro was also introduced for a limited period.

Probably a new facelifted WagonR (with USB Music player, Steering mounted controls, etc) is on the cards in 2013. I suspect this because because recently one of our friends was looking for a new WagonR Vxi & authorized dealer in Mumbai told him that Vxi version is nowhere in stock in the city. Now given the low sales of Petrol only cars, this unavailability of Vxi version in Mumbai is surprising. May be the production capacity is occupied by the featured new Car.

Thanks,
Old 7th February 2013, 18:57   #513
BHPian

Planning to buy New Wagon R

I'm planning to buy the new Wagon R. VXi On road price(Pollachi, Coimbatore) comes somewhere around 498000 and the price of VXi with ABS+Air Bag option is close to 535000. Looks like not all all dealers in Tamilnadu got the new Wagon R. I enquired in Madurai and found that only ABT launched the new Wagon R.

VXi looks to be a good option because it comes with full features including the music system with 4 door speakers. I may buy it in another 1 month or so.

Offer price for the old Wagon R is also increased.

What are all the accessories i can buy? I'm planning to add some limited accessories and some of them which are planned are
1. Two more woofer type Sony Xplod speakers in the rear.
2. Seat covers. Need to analyze the color of the covers based on the new interiors. Any suggestions?
3. Central locking buttons are missing. My dealer told that we cannot add the same. Is there a way to add it?
4. Steering wheel cover similar to swift.
5. I really liked the Gear shift rod of swift. Thinking whether to change this too.

Not much changes has been done in the new Wagon R. Does anyone has the exact information about that? Went through the official website and most of the them remains same.
Old 20th February 2013, 22:09   #514
BHPian

Re: Planning to buy New Wagon R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhandapanik View Post
I'm planning to buy the new Wagon R. VXi On road price(Pollachi, Coimbatore) comes somewhere around 498000 and the price of VXi with ABS+Air Bag option is close to 535000. ...
Seems there will be discounts to the tune of 15K to 30K available now. Here is the Hyderabad price posted in 2013 WagonR facelift thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Visited Acer Motors, Secunderabad today. Decided to replace my wife's Alto with the new Wagon R VXi. The OTR price is Rs.509,360. The dealer discount is Rs.15,000, Loyalty Bonus Rs. 15,000 and Corporate discount Rs. 2000, bringing the OTR price down to Rs.477,360. ...
viggienomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 13:04   #515
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Eddy, for a wonderful review. I have bought a new Waggie based on this review. I would like to do a vinyl job as shown in my amateur attempt with paint software as follows. All TBhpians, I would be glad if you could offer your views

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-wagon-r-vinyl.png
Old 25th March 2013, 17:33   #516
Distinguished - BHPian

Black vinyl on the B-pillar definitely improves the side view. I have CF textured vinyl on the pillar and it looks good. But applying vinyl all round will be overboard IMO. The black vinyl on the side running board will give an impression of a false height of the car from the ground. Just my cents.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2013, 19:06   #517
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thanks Audioholic, for your reply.

The side door skirting vinyl at the bottom was intended by me for imparting a sporty mini SUV look.

Also, I am looking at doing some CF vinyl for the rear too.

The original look of the car from the rear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

My proposed vinyl jobs:

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti WagonR (2010)-waggie-rear-2.jpg

Compared to the 1st pic (copied from the first page of this review), I feel the CF look proposed at the bottom pic lends the rear a bit more character.

Just my thoughts !

Last edited by mooza : 26th March 2013 at 19:13.
Old 23rd May 2013, 15:20   #518
BHPian

I have a 2009 WagonR VXi. Of late, there's been a squealing noise from the left rear brake and it's highly annoying when you drive. The MASS personnel said nothing can be done, except to brake HARD at times when the noise is overbearing. This solution is barely a stop gap and its getting to be unbearable. Inputs/suggestions from anyone here?
Thanks!
Old 24th May 2013, 16:12   #519
Distinguished - BHPian

Have you got the brake drums cleaned anytime? I guess opening the drum can point out to the cause of the trouble.
Old 24th May 2013, 18:11   #520
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
I have a 2009 WagonR VXi. Of late, there's been a squealing noise from the left rear brake and it's highly annoying when you drive. The MASS personnel said nothing can be done, except to brake HARD at times when the noise is overbearing. This solution is barely a stop gap and its getting to be unbearable. Inputs/suggestions from anyone here?
Thanks!
Your car should have easily run around 40-50k by now since you mention its a 2009 Model? If so, its due to the surface of the rear brake shoes would have become hard and its a good idea to use sand paper and clean the inside of the drums and the surface of the liners (shoes).

Before this, make sure that pressurized air is blown in the drum and cylinder area to get rid of a lot of dust that may have accumulated.

ASCs generally don't do this simple task when you tell them to and then charge you 250-300 in the name of "Drum Cleaning"

Secondly, if the hardness of the liners is bad, I would always suggest replacing them as a preventive measure. I have been following the same principle whenever it came to replacing the Pads or Liners irrespective of how much life the wear indicator is showing.

After all, one cannot risk braking abilities for longer life of components.

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th May 2013 at 18:17.
Old 24th May 2013, 18:19   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Have you got the brake drums cleaned anytime? I guess opening the drum can point out to the cause of the trouble.
No, the SA said there was no solution so I didn't ask it to be opened up. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Your car should have easily run around 40-50k by now since you mention its a 2009 Model?
Its run 32k, not a very high mileage car. I will do as you suggested. Thanks, paragsachania!

Note from Support - Quoted text shortened. Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 15th July 2013 at 13:16.
Old 15th July 2013, 10:51   #522
Senior - BHPian

Hello All,

I have a 2010 maruti WagonR & overall I am happy with the Car (expect for the fact that Petrol prices are rising & per km running cost is going up).

Last week due to heavy rains in Mumbai, I chose to drive the car to my office (distance - 12.5 kms one way) & was surprised notice the Engine light indicator on. By the time I notice this I was already into massive traffic jam & there was no way to return back home. I continued driving & managed to reach office & then return back home in evening. All through this 25 kms the engine light indicator was on but there was no issue driving the car.

Yesterday the rains subsided & I started the car, the engine indicator was still on, but after driving the car for approx 200 meters, the engine light turned off. Since then I have driven the car for 20 kms & the light has not came on again.

Friends, any idea behind the Engine light appearing on occasionally? Was that a good idea to drive the car with engine light on?

Thanks,
Old 15th July 2013, 12:03   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello All,

I have a 2010 maruti WagonR & overall I am happy with the Car (expect for the fact that Petrol prices are rising & per km running cost is going up).

Last week due to heavy rains in Mumbai, I chose to drive the car to my office (distance - 12.5 kms one way) & was surprised notice the Engine light indicator on. By the time I notice this I was already into massive traffic jam & there was no way to return back home. I continued driving & managed to reach office & then return back home in evening. All through this 25 kms the engine light indicator was on but there was no issue driving the car.

Yesterday the rains subsided & I started the car, the engine indicator was still on, but after driving the car for approx 200 meters, the engine light turned off. Since then I have driven the car for 20 kms & the light has not came on again.

Friends, any idea behind the Engine light appearing on occasionally? Was that a good idea to drive the car with engine light on?

Thanks,
If you can, please try and disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and leave it that way for 15-20 minutes and connect it back again securely. This will ensure that the ECU/ECM resets.

Coming to the reasons why the Error sign was glowing, there can be many.

1. The O2 Sensor is located on the exhaust near the manifold and I suspect that driving in constant rains may have caused a closed circuit and the ECM detecting that as faulty till it dried up.

2. The other reasons why It would glow up is due to some wires of the following devices either cut/shorted: Throttle Position Sensor, MAF Sensor, Engine Temperature Sensor.

However, please try the reset method and when the next time the error light glows again, you may visit MASS and ask them to connect the Scanner and check for the error code to ascertain the main cause.

EDIT: It is definitely not a good idea to be driving the car with the Check Engine light on. In case the error is due to any of the components related to the Fuel/Injection system, there would be fall in performance/efficiency. But in case the error is due to anything else related to the engine, you better park your car and call MASS since its a new car and I assume its still under warranty.

Last edited by paragsachania : 15th July 2013 at 12:05.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2013, 18:51   #524
BHPian

3D Mats for Wagon R

I am sick & tired by searching for a custom made 3D Mats for my Wagon R (2012) K-Series.

I have visited Hot Tracks on Victoria Road. They have Maxpider for 2010 model that does not "fit" exactly for 2012 model.

Checked on many online stores including ebay. No luck!

Few sites do sell, but the description is so vague that it doesn't say whether it is for the new or old model Waggy.

Can someone help?
Old 30th September 2013, 01:05   #525
BHPian

Hi friends..I have a 2013 wagonR which is 6 months old.I have a small doubt.How much usable petrol will be there in the tank when the digital fuel indicator just starts blinking? I tested the distance travelled from blinking start point to complete halt (tank empty).The tripmeter showed 51 kms. Is it normal for a wagonR? Is there a way I can calculate my mileage from this figure?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks