Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 12:07   #76
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Vkool - As i heard from some friends in here itself, Vkool is not a huge advantage over the normal tints available else where. It makes no sense to pay a HUGE ( i mean humongous!! ) premium just for so called diamond series vkool. Trust me i inquired about Vkool as well, its ridiculously expensive and nothing justifies the price.

I will instead, be opting for the Llumar series , again as suggested by a few fellas in here. 1 out of either Llumar Steel 35 or 20 SR . They are black and dark enough, NOT reflective and look great on a white car
most of the others, like llumar have a heat rejection of around 55%. but the top end vkool has a heat rejection of 90% i think. now you decide if its worth the premium or not.
Old 15th May 2010, 13:41   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
most of the others, like llumar have a heat rejection of around 55%. but the top end vkool has a heat rejection of 90% i think. now you decide if its worth the premium or not.

Am aware of that..yet....25- 34 grand...insane ! too much of an ask IMO
Old 15th May 2010, 14:39   #78
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Am aware of that..yet....25- 34 grand...insane ! too much of an ask IMO
true. bombay does not get that hot so a high end llumar or 3m would suffice.
Old 15th May 2010, 17:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
true. bombay does not get that hot so a high end llumar or 3m would suffice.

Yup, opting for Llumar. Suggested by Sahil. yet to decide between 35 or 20. 20 is the darker shade ,both seem good. lets see now...
Old 21st June 2010, 11:04   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Congrats man, those jewel eyes look awesome and the interiors in red stitching add a dash of sportiness to the appeal. Enjoy the torque wave and drive safe !!!!

a little late on responding but nonethelesss, thanks a lot
Old 21st June 2010, 11:50   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, opting for Llumar. Suggested by Sahil. yet to decide between 35 or 20. 20 is the darker shade ,both seem good. lets see now...
Get 35, the 20 will be too dark for night driving. Or if you want you could get 35 on the front windows and 20 on the rest, this would look super too.
I did 50 in the front and 35 all around on my white Fortuner, wish I had done 35 front and 20 all around.
Old 21st June 2010, 12:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Get 35, the 20 will be too dark for night driving. Or if you want you could get 35 on the front windows and 20 on the rest, this would look super too.
I did 50 in the front and 35 all around on my white Fortuner, wish I had done 35 front and 20 all around.

Got 20 already. all windows. also got an earful from dad for it. but it was totally worth it ! had a couple of expressway drives at night and once with rain as well. Yea it does trouble at times but not something to be really worried about. Talk about accentuated look ! It looks killer and also serves the purpose to a certain extent ! thanks for the suggestion Sahil. Credit to you. cheers !
Old 1st August 2010, 12:05   #83
Senior - BHPian

4 Month Update - Bad Bad News !!!

4 months and almost 6800kms later my worst fears came true. Always wondered how awful id feel if she got even the slightest of dents & yesterday the almighty decided to give me the real world example.
Late evening yesterday my dad was returning from pune after a hard days work. He had left home at 5 am and was going on and on without a holiday for almost the last 3 weeks. In fact today , 1st August ie Sunday was to be his 1st holiday after quite sometime. Anyways so it was raining buckets in Mumbai as usual with horrendous traffic on the Eastern Express Highway. Thats when the incident happened below the Sion flyover from where generally the western suburb residents take a right Below the flyover into sion from the eastern express highway. Huge traffic at the signal & usually the cops keep the 3 lanes on the extreme left hand side open for people who want to take the right into sion and the remaning couple of lanes on the right side for people going straight towards dadar. ( pardon me if it gets confusing, will explain in the best way possible ) My dad, highly fatigued and trying to improvise by staying in the rightmost of the 3 lanes alloted for taking a rightt turn tried to turn from the outside of the truck who, he expected will also take a right into sion. Wonders of wonders, the truck wanted to go STRAIGHT towards dadar & my dad even realized that at the last moment and tried improvising but to no avail. The left top corner of the truck hit the rear right end of the car, right below the fuel knob and in went the entire sheet of metal, with loads of black dents all across ( *sob sob* ) . Realizing it was his mistake as well to a certain extent, dad just stopped the car, had a look at the damage done and moved on.
I wasnt there with him on the journey and later on, seeing the damage on her gave me goosepimples. Felt as though a member of the family was on the hospital bed. A restless feeling within me, i wanted to destroy everything in site, had never felt so helpless before.
If that wasnt enough, on closer inspection i found a few more black patches and slight dislocation of the bonnet near the Bulgarian beard grille upfront and no one knows where that came from!!! Dad is sure nothing happened up front yesterday, & i am dam sure i havnt done it !!! ( someone is surely asking for a kick on the kisser !!! )
Am to take her 1st thing in the morning tomorrow to Audi West and get all of it fixed ASAP. I am praying that they would also be able to fix whatever little but ugly damaged that has happened near the grille upfront ! pray for me guys !

Oh & yes , havnt clicked any pics of the damage as i really was in no mood, i was and still am way too depressed to be clicking away to glory. Sorry about that.

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 1st August 2010 at 12:07.
Old 1st August 2010, 16:31   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...the truck wanted to go STRAIGHT towards dadar & my dad even realized that at the last moment and tried improvising but to no avail. The left top corner of the truck hit the rear right end of the car, right below the fuel knob and in went the entire sheet of metal, with loads of black dents all across ( *sob sob* ).
Couple of weeks back, I saw the exact same thing when a Swift DZire turned right under the Santacruz flyover and the W210 beside it suddenly decided to go straight. The Merc guy was totally at fault there.
Old 1st August 2010, 16:56   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Couple of weeks back, I saw the exact same thing when a Swift DZire turned right under the Santacruz flyover and the W210 beside it suddenly decided to go straight. The Merc guy was totally at fault there.

Just have to keep reminding ourselves....no matter how much we take care of our cars & to whatever extent to avoid the slightest of damage...**** just happens! Bow to the inevitable
Old 1st August 2010, 17:02   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Just have to keep reminding ourselves....no matter how much we take care of our cars & to whatever extent to avoid the slightest of damage...**** just happens! Bow to the inevitable
You are 100% correct.This is the price you have to pay to enjoy these beauties in our country.

Last edited by rahul016 : 1st August 2010 at 17:06.
Old 1st August 2010, 18:37   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul016 View Post
You are 100% correct.This is the price you have to pay to enjoy these beauties in our country.

yea . fingers crossed now. hoping she goes back to being exactly like she was before yesterday. snow white without the slightest of dents
Old 1st August 2010, 19:59   #88
BHPian

Quote:
4 months and almost 6800kms later my worst fears came true. Always wondered how awful id feel if she got even the slightest of dents & yesterday the almighty decided to give me the real world example.....
HA! damn! It's ok for this one. Your car's a badass evil and dents don't make a budge to the roar it'll keep making every time it's pushed. :P Close the doors and shout out loud.

Take pics, in case you would later need them for something (?).

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th August 2010 at 15:45. Reason: Hi, please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers. Thanks.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

By the way, are you digging into insurance for this one?
Old 1st August 2010, 22:34   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurpartap Singh View Post
HA! damn! It's ok for this one. Your car's a badass evil and dents don't make a budge to the roar it'll keep making every time it's pushed. :P Close the doors and shout out loud.

Take pics, in case you would later need them for something (?).

nope wouldnt need pics. Repairs would be all covered under "Secure"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks