Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 11:30   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Vorsprung Durch Technik" - Audi A4 3.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
Thats pretty awesome..

mine poor does in 7.5. deserves this

Dont be too hard on her man. After all yours is a 2 litre diesel and for that the performance of your car is pretty sweet. Chip it if you want further pleasures
Old 11th January 2011, 11:34   #182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Dont be too hard on her man. After all yours is a 2 litre diesel and for that the performance of your car is pretty sweet. Chip it if you want further pleasures
No no!!! no chipping in warranty...

However once out of warranty I would go for remap.. They are considered better than chipping... still got god 1.5 years to go.

You ride is pretty impressive... is it awd? do you notice any understeer while making high speed turns?
Old 11th January 2011, 11:34   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Happy to hear that you solved the issue.

Is there any difference in tread pattern compared to Bridgestones?

What about noise?

Finally, how much it cost your pocket for that Michelin?

Regards

Vinu
Yes there is. 2 different manufacturers will never give you the exact same tread pattern. But its not too different from the ones i have.

What noise are you referring to ? Because of change of tyre ??? No there is no noise or disturbance.

Finally, the michelin cost me 12k

Quote:
Originally Posted by taranonline View Post
No no!!! no chipping in warranty...

However once out of warranty I would go for remap.. They are considered better than chipping... still got god 1.5 years to go.

You ride is pretty impressive... is it awd? do you notice any understeer while making high speed turns?
Yes, Its a Quattro i.e AWD & yes there is slight understeer while taking turns at seriously high speeds but i would think that tends to happen because of the nose-heaviness.

Last edited by Dippy : 19th January 2011 at 11:00. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 19th January 2011, 05:42   #184
BHPian

Did Audi fix your brake squeal? What was the diagnosis?
Old 19th January 2011, 10:59   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fre2bpowerless View Post
Did Audi fix your brake squeal? What was the diagnosis?

Yes they did fix it. No more disturbance now. Dont know what the problem was as i had not gone to receive the car when it got done with the service & did not bother much about it later as the problem has been rectified.
Old 19th January 2011, 13:55   #186
BHPian

Sheesh...one can't buy peace of mind. Even with a 40 lac car! I've also been having stupid issues with my 2.0 over the last 9 months.

^ Its at 11k and there are plenty of little dings and dents on the car.
^ The oil & grease along the door handles are RVMs is ridiculously difficult to clean.
^ There is significant squeakiness inside the car. The rear doors are the culprit since its completely eliminated with passengers in the back.
^ Oil is still a ridiculous issue -8 liters in 11k KM! Audi says its standard. I've stopped caring about this now, since the car is running perfectly otherwise.
^ I did have some issues with the wiper rain sensor not functioning in auto-mode but Audi had the part changed under warranty, so no complaints. All else is good.

@Mokshe -Glad to see another Audi A4 on the forum - Welcome to the club! Feel free to drop me a PM for a run around on NH8! We can do a real time comparison between the 2.0 & 3.0. Cheers!

Last edited by Speeding@160mph : 19th January 2011 at 14:01.
Old 19th January 2011, 20:55   #187
Senior - BHPian

Highly irresponsible of you. Is this the way to park a car?

"Vorsprung Durch Technik" - Audi A4 3.0 TDI-img_0586-medium.jpg
Old 20th January 2011, 07:58   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeding@160mph View Post
Sheesh...one can't buy peace of mind. Even with a 40 lac car! I've also been having stupid issues with my 2.0 over the last 9 months.

^ Its at 11k and there are plenty of little dings and dents on the car. - Cant really blame anyone for that. In India these things are inevitable with the kind of roads and number of malicious & sadistic brains around.
^ The oil & grease along the door handles are RVMs is ridiculously difficult to clean. - Nothing that a diluter spray cant fix. OR you also get a 'grease remover' spray at select shops. Thanks to these 2 my car is spec free and glittering.
^ There is significant squeakiness inside the car. The rear doors are the culprit since its completely eliminated with passengers in the back. - Now THIS really surprised me. Nothing here so far. TOUCHWOOD
^ Oil is still a ridiculous issue -8 liters in 11k KM! Audi says its standard. I've stopped caring about this now, since the car is running perfectly otherwise.
^ I did have some issues with the wiper rain sensor not functioning in auto-mode but Audi had the part changed under warranty, so no complaints. All else is good. - Had you tried increasing the sensitivity to full ? There were times when i felt the wipers are not working the way i want them to in the auto mode, especially considering Mumbai rains. But just 1 touch of the sensitivity button and its sorted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post

Attachment 485759

Yea ! Tell me about it ! Some 4-eyed irresponsible bloke too slow to react to his Beemer's parking sensors
But it was REALLY a close 1 man.
Old 20th January 2011, 13:23   #189
Senior - BHPian

Arre? Some douchebag asked me to ignore the parking sensors and listen to his directions instead !?!?! LOL
Old 20th January 2011, 14:41   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arre? Some douchebag asked me to ignore the parking sensors and listen to his directions instead !?!?! LOL
Lets try to make it closer the next time what say ??? Get your indica. IL park mine in the Audi's place and perhaps we could take this to a new level altogether !
Old 20th January 2011, 17:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatzdaTurbo View Post
Lets try to make it closer the next time what say ??? Get your indica. IL park mine in the Audi's place and perhaps we could take this to a new level altogether !
Indica got sold off a few days back. Made a killing on the deal. Anyway let's keep this thread free from OT discussions, shall we

Out of curiosity, check for the availability of your specific tyre again. Just to see if it's really out of stock, or was there just a momentary gap in stocks.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:01   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indica got sold off a few days back. Made a killing on the deal. Anyway let's keep this thread free from OT discussions, shall we

Out of curiosity, check for the availability of your specific tyre again. Just to see if it's really out of stock, or was there just a momentary gap in stocks.

Trust me, i looked EVERYWHERE ! Places suggested in here & more. I have no clue what is it with all these guys (tyre dealers) but none of them had it in stock at all and the time of them getting the 'maal' unknown so they were not even ready to take an order of me in spite of me being ready to wait for 7 to 10 days for it. Even the great people at Audi , after asking for 55k ,said it would take 7 days for the tyre to come from Aurangabad. Besides, the Michelin seems to be doing swell duty
Old 12th February 2011, 16:19   #193

I find it funny at times when we are asked for huge prices for things like tires, battery at the authorized dealer workshops. I mean how can you ask for 4 times the price of something thats available freely in the market.

By the way Yokohamas are a good aftermarket option for luxury cars not that Michelin is bad. I have had a good experience with Yokohamas on all my cars.

@Speeding@160mph To be honest brother I have done the comparison run on both these engines. But we can surely make a plan someday for NH8. On the problems with the car. You can be rest assured that niggling issues will always exist with these Germans!!
I have had a clean run up till now with small issues that can be ignored. Unfortunately won't be able to see how it does in a very long run as I am leaving this September, hence might have to sell the car too.

On the squeaks try ad buy the rubber beading grease from the dealer and apply it every fortnight. It does keep the thing shut.
Old 14th February 2011, 07:40   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokshe View Post
I find it funny at times when we are asked for huge prices for things like tires, battery at the authorized dealer workshops. I mean how can you ask for 4 times the price of something thats available freely in the market.

By the way Yokohamas are a good aftermarket option for luxury cars not that Michelin is bad. I have had a good experience with Yokohamas on all my cars.

Yup, the solitary Michelin on the Audi is doing its duty well ! No complaints whatsoever.
Old 14th February 2011, 11:29   #195
BHPian

I am absolutely stunned. A top of the range CBU Audi A4 kissing the backside of a stripped down Beemer (no offence meant, really love ur car flyingspur), never thought would live to see this day. I might as well go and shoot myself now.

Quote:

Attachment 485759
autobahner is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks