Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 10:24   #151
Senior - BHPian

When going over a largish breaker try tackling it diagonally. Turning the steering left or right at the last moment helps. Since the vehicle is at crawling speed anyways even this last moment directional change allows you to take the breaker one wheel at a time and avoid scraping or even reduce it or limit it to one side rather than both.
Old 24th August 2010, 11:31   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I di scrape the Fiesta yesterday when I was ferrying my parents sitting at the rear to a relatives house where the housing complex had a monstrous looking speed breaker. Even in the first gear the bottom was scapped.

One question though would filling 44 psi at the rear tyres have saved the scrapping. How does one manage filling the rear tyre air from no occupants to full occupancy?
hmmmm.Your tyres would have to be ballooning pretty awesomely to get any kind of usable extra ground clearance.I mean, visibly larger at least.

44PSI??high, but not enough to get extra clearance.
ride would be shot to hell very badly.
did you try this?
how was the experience?It must have been jarring!!
i wouldnt suggest it.

if scraping is such a problem,you could get it raised at the suspension end(do not know the technicality of this, but its a known practice).but there will be a comprehensible difference in handling turns at any speed.

for negotiating huge mounds, lateral entry, and slow on-slow off should avoid scraping.
Old 24th August 2010, 12:40   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
Nice car capt. Almost bought the Aquarius blue in December but had to put it off due to deficiency of vitamin M. Now that I can afford it. I dont have the colour of choice. Blue :-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
A similar situation happened with me in 2008 Aug and postponed my deciscion. Finally booked the 1.6S panther black on 1st of this June.
In that case, we can get our fiestas painted to aquarious blue, which i will also plan down the line when my actual paint will get somewhat dull.
I think this can be done at any of the ford workshops
Old 24th August 2010, 12:44   #154
BHPian

Have been using 35/44 for past couple of weeks...based on DTE as of now, seems I will end up at least 30Kms higher total mileage...also, have'nt noticed too much of discomfort sitting on the driver seat..not sure about the passenger/rear seats though;-}
Old 24th August 2010, 13:45   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

44PSI??high, but not enough to get extra clearance.
ride would be shot to hell very badly.
did you try this?
how was the experience?It must have been jarring!!
i wouldnt suggest it.

if scraping is such a problem,you could get it raised at the suspension end(do not know the technicality of this, but its a known practice).but there will be a comprehensible difference in handling turns at any speed.
With full load, 35/44 PSI is recommended for non S variants and Won't cause discomfort to rear passengers! However with one or two persons, noise is little at higher end. You should keep 30/35 PSI for one or two persons as recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Have been using 35/44 for past couple of weeks...based on DTE as of now, seems I will end up at least 30Kms higher total mileage...also
More pressure always gives better mileage, but dangerous in high speed. Not sure effect on tires on low speeds... How much noise seeps into cabin due to higher pressure?

@ghodlur: You can buy one of air compressor like this one Amazon.com: Viair 00073 70P Heavy Duty Portable Compressor: Automotive
On long rides with full loads it helps for you to constantly check and fill the air.
Old 24th August 2010, 17:04   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
More pressure always gives better mileage, but dangerous in high speed. Not sure effect on tires on low speeds... How much noise seeps into cabin due to higher pressure?
In 100% City driving, with avg speed being <25, noise/high speed issue is not a concern at all.
Old 25th August 2010, 00:10   #157
BHPian

Quote:
In 100% City driving, with avg speed being <25, noise/high speed issue is not a concern at all.
Over inflation
This will cause the tyres to wear more in the centre of the tread as the central section bulges out .. Source Nationwide Autocentre - Tyre Wear
Old 25th August 2010, 04:28   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
In that case, we can get our fiestas painted to aquarious blue, which i will also plan down the line when my actual paint will get somewhat dull.
I think this can be done at any of the ford workshops
Aquarious blue has been discontinued I guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Over inflation
This will cause the tyres to wear more in the centre of the tread as the central section bulges out .. Source Nationwide Autocentre - Tyre Wear
But the pressure I am using is Ford Recommended! 60-70% of the time it is full load - 2 adults+3 kids. And it is well below the max the tyre can take I suppose.
Old 25th August 2010, 12:23   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aquarious blue has been discontinued I guess!
Aquarious blue car has been discontinued for 1.6S, but i suppose getting the car can be painted in this car with the ford workshop.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:32   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aquarious blue car has been discontinued for 1.6S, but i suppose getting the car can be painted in this car with the ford workshop.
You want the S bodykit, the exhaust and now the color.. you might as well as bought an S! The ride is hard only until you get used to it. After that it will be impossible to drive anything with a soft suspension. Adding leather seats would have been a lot easier than repainting the car etc.
Old 25th August 2010, 13:57   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
You want the S bodykit, the exhaust and now the color.. you might as well as bought an S! The ride is hard only until you get used to it. After that it will be impossible to drive anything with a soft suspension. Adding leather seats would have been a lot easier than repainting the car etc.
I had a clear planning in mind while going for a fiesta, i had eyes on both the options of 1.6SXI and 1.6S, i liked the interiors of 1.6SXI and the exteriors of 1.6S, changing dashboard combination and armrest was not possible in S, so i went for SXi, now i have the option of adding the S exteriors in my SXI, so it is "best of both worlds" kind of stuff

The change in color is not in my list this year, but yes in future.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 25th August 2010 at 13:59.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:24   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
now i have the option of adding the S exteriors in my SXI, so it is "best of both worlds" kind of stuff
No, it's not the 'best of both worlds'. Nothing comes close to the drive and responsiveness of the S. I recently drove a 1.6 ZXi and I can confirm this. But if you are interested only in cosmetics, then yes.
Old 25th August 2010, 14:58   #163
Senior - BHPian

S is indeed a good car, but i am happy with my SXI in drive, i just want to have the sports look of the S which is quite good, nowadays most of the automobiles are coming with extra sports kit, SX4 and City has additional sports kit as an afterfittment, but ford does not sell it, it should be available for all like others.
Old 31st August 2010, 18:38   #164
BHPian

More SHARK NEWS friends!!

The 1.6S is back to its rocking ways once again.
The bad moods are a thing of past now. The brakes hold good. The DTE seems more steady than ever. The fuel gauge needle does not bother me anymore.
In short, the dark clouds are gone and sunshine is back!!!

Excuse my excitement but the best Drivers Car in India is back to being and behaving like the best again.

The mileage, though its too early to say, is headed back to being a 10+ (Amen!!)

Ok one thing that is still bothering me... pls try this and let me know guys!
The brakes give out a rather loud dry frictional sound possibly from the drum brakes this time. This happens when the car is stopped on a slight incline (upwards/downwards) and the brake is released slowly.
Any clues??
Old 31st August 2010, 20:37   #165
BHPian

I experience it as well, but, people here say it is normal. I hear this in my Zen as well from the front left side. I don't know the reason why this noise is heard. Some say moisture, some say cold brakes.

Also, what was your car's mileage in the initial 1200 Kms?

Other than that, I need your help. I need a better, refined, close-up of this part-

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-rear-bumper.jpg

Also, in your car's speedometer pic, see, the needle is not perfectly at where the zero should be. Mine is stuck at 20Kmph even at standstill/idling and the needle starts moving from there when the car starts moving.

I am talking about this-

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-speedo.jpg

Last edited by abhipuru16 : 31st August 2010 at 20:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks