Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2010, 10:58   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Capt, am getting my Black Panther S in a couple of days time. Would like to know whether any running in period required for Fiesta?..
+

There are no particular running in rules for Fiesta. Just take care and avoid driving too briskly during the first 1500 kms.
Old 18th June 2010, 11:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapideffect View Post
Capt, am getting my Black Panther S in a couple of days time. Would like to know whether any running in period required for Fiesta?..
Wow now its raining "S" on the forum. Maybe its time to compile the Fiesta S gang members.
Regarding the running in period, do give some time for the engine to get freed, maintain the rpms and try not to revv hard for the intial 1K or 1.5K kms and then maybe you can take it to the next rpm levels. Although Ford says there is no run in time, better take precautions from your side.
Maybe long time owners like Gilead may be able to guide you.
Old 18th June 2010, 18:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Wow now its raining "S" on the forum. Maybe its time to compile the Fiesta S gang members.
Regarding the running in period, do give some time for the engine to get freed, maintain the rpms and try not to revv hard for the intial 1K or 1.5K kms and then maybe you can take it to the next rpm levels. Although Ford says there is no run in time, better take precautions from your side.
Maybe long time owners like Gilead may be able to guide you.
yes ghodlur you are right, it is raining "S" here. We shud have a Fiesta 1.6S club here. although once i tried to start an thread titled official fiesta 1.6 club but it was deleted by the mods as they do not allow brand specific threads anymore. let me try again!
Old 19th June 2010, 11:51   #49
BHPian

Rear Bumper Load Protector Decal

Captain, one accessory which you can have a look at is the Rear Bumper Load Protector Decal. I find it real useful stuff. Took it at the time of delivery from the dealer itself for 1500/-

It is a kind of thick rubbery soft sticker which can be pasted on the body and anti-scratch. Prevent body scratches/dents while loading/unloading heavy luggages from the boot.

For your sea grey color especially, it will kind of match with the body color and will be invisible I think.

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-rear-bumper-load-protector-decal.jpg
Old 19th June 2010, 11:51   #50
BHPian

some more pictures after the gloss!

hello amigos,
here are some more gloss pictures of the "S" after the underbody coating and paint protection job by 3M. Although the gloss might seem to be hidden due to background wall reflections and good 'ol dusty Delhi weather (always the same excuse.. need to think of something else!!!)
One of the top side pictures has been taken from the 8th floor appartment balcony with my Nikon 15x zoom lens!

Has anyone who has got 3M paint protection done, got anything in writing like a certificate from 3M for the 2 free services they usually offer? My dealer said that they put a sticker on the car window which is proof enough!

Also completed 1000Kms. The question is do I still keep the revs under check (not going above 3000rpm) or do I stretch her long legs???!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0379.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0368.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0364.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0363.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0380.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0366.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0360.jpg  

The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-dscn0385.jpg  

Old 19th June 2010, 11:57   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Captain, one accessory which you can have a look at is the Rear Bumper Load Protector Decal. I find it real useful stuff. Took it at the time of delivery from the dealer itself for 1500/-

It is a kind of thick rubbery soft sticker which can be pasted on the body and anti-scratch. Prevent body scratches/dents while loading/unloading heavy luggages from the boot.

For your sea grey color especially, it will kind of match with the body color and will be invisible I think.
hey thats cool sanjay! ill ask my dealer about it. it can be really useful. Recently i loaded a heavy trolley bag in the boot and almost scratched the rear side. That time i was thinking something like u mentioned might be so useful. My dealer doesnt stock too many accessories at this showroom coz his main showroom is in West Delhi which is miles away from my place. Still Ill ask him if he can get it to this showroom, which is closer to my place.
Old 19th June 2010, 11:59   #52
BHPian

Hey capt...good job..though I was expecting a little bit more wet look.

Is the odo area background in the picture with white horizontal ribbed line (2nd from bottom) - result of reflection or is it different from other trims?

Mine looks like this: completely black.
The Sea Grey Shark Attack!!! Fiesta 1.6S delivered.-6000_1.jpg
Old 19th June 2010, 12:02   #53
Senior - BHPian

You still using the TEMP registration number?
What is there in the right side after the number plate - key hole for the boot?
My car do not have the boot key hole - it has to be opened either with remote or the button on the dash board..
Old 19th June 2010, 12:16   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Has anyone who has got 3M paint protection done, got anything in writing like a certificate from 3M for the 2 free services they usually offer? My dealer said that they put a sticker on the car window which is proof enough!
I got a proper 3M certificate with 2 additional coupons attached to it. What your dealer said may work too, but better to get the coupons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Hey capt...good job..though I was expecting a little bit more wet look.

Is the odo area background in the picture with white horizontal ribbed line (2nd from bottom) - result of reflection or is it different from other trims?

Mine looks like this: completely black.
sanjay, the instrument panel finish on the S is different. It does have a silvery ribbed finish and it looks much better than how it looks in the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
You still using the TEMP registration number?
What is there in the right side after the number plate - key hole for the boot?
My car do not have the boot key hole - it has to be opened either with remote or the button on the dash board..
The S has a keyhole in the boot in addition to the remote lock and the dash button.

capt, try this. Park your car and get out with the key but don't lock the door with the remote. Come back after 5 mins and see if the door has locked automatically or if its still unlocked.

Last edited by Gilead : 19th June 2010 at 12:30.
Old 19th June 2010, 15:11   #55
BHPian

@sanjayc & nairrk:

I believe Gilead has answered all your questions. Indeed on the "S" the instrument cluster background is light greyish with ribbed lines on it. Also the boot has a keyhole additionally.

@sanjayc: im sorry about the wet looks. The weather in delhi is very torrid and dusty. Just 5 mins after the cleaner cleans the car in the morning, it get covered with dust. But ill still try and take some pictures right after the cleaning job and maybe in a shade!
The wet look on Gilead's Aquarius "S" is awesome. I look at his car often to see what actual gloss finish looks like!

@Gilead: yes i have tried doing this once. I unlocked the car to get inside, but was caught up inspecting the exterior area. I noticed that after 5 mins the car locked by itself. It is an awesome feature for forgetful minds like mine!!

But ill have to try what you are saying, i.e. not lock the car and wait for it to lock itself in 5 mins.

Also, I did not notice much difference in the car before and after the paint protection job. Is there any way to find out?? The dealer did not give me any free coupon. The certificate he gave me was for the underbody job. The certificate says the package includes 4 free inspections, thats all. He did not give me any paint coating certificate, only a sticker on the rear window by 3M.

Last edited by capt_rocker : 19th June 2010 at 15:13. Reason: addded text
Old 19th June 2010, 16:11   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hi Capt_Rocker wanted to know what are the FE figures that you are clocking now. Is it as good as promised?
I am not asking based on DTE but a tankful to tankful figures.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:00   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Capt_Rocker wanted to know what are the FE figures that you are clocking now. Is it as good as promised?
I am not asking based on DTE but a tankful to tankful figures.
last that i checked (tankful to tankful) i got a shade above 10. Almost 10.5 kmpl. Thats good i guess as I have just completed 1100kms till now.
Old 20th June 2010, 13:05   #58
BHPian

Guys im observing a major downturn in the performance of the "S" since yesterday. Especially in the 1st and 2nd gears. The pick up is not as it used to be earlier. The engine makes noise if I pick her up on the second gear. Also the initial delay that was there upon pick up from dead stop seems to have increased.

Is all this normal after 1000kms?
Will the performance pick up after 1st service?

I know these are novice questions but Im feeling the car is underperforming.
Old 20th June 2010, 17:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Guys im observing a major downturn in the performance of the "S" since yesterday. Especially in the 1st and 2nd gears. The pick up is not as it used to be earlier. The engine makes noise if I pick her up on the second gear. Also the initial delay that was there upon pick up from dead stop seems to have increased.

Is all this normal after 1000kms?
Will the performance pick up after 1st service?

I know these are novice questions but Im feeling the car is underperforming.
Adulterated fuel is the prime suspect. It is not possible otherwise, unless you drove a Ferrari a few moments before you drove your 'S' .

Do get back if you've topped up fuel recently. It is possible that you filled up a few days back when the tank was half-empty and it took this long for the old fuel to get consumed and for the dirty fuel to show up.
Old 20th June 2010, 19:04   #60
BHPian

Fuel is probably the root cause. But i doubt the old fuel and new fuel thing is it cos as soon as you add fuel they mix instantly in the tank. I feel that the last fill is the culprit here.

Or it could just be that the fuel injectors might have got partially clogged. Its a new car so some dirt in the fuel line or tank might have caused the block if that is the case.

Happy mile munching!!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks