Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2010, 19:35   #31
BHPian

can anyone tell me if mud flaps can be fitted on the Fiesta 1.6S or not?
As per the dealer, they are not required!! he says the skirtings prevent the mud flaps from being fitted.. i somehow dont believe him..
Old 8th June 2010, 19:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

He is right. It will foul with the skirt and then with the wheels even if you somehow force them on. If you still manage to get them on, you will probably have the only 1.6S running with mud flaps. Mud flaps look real ugly anyway.
Old 8th June 2010, 20:50   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Its such fun to allow cars like SX4, NHC, Aveo, Dzire etc. pass you by and just when they start thinking how good their wheels are, just force the right foot down and spoil their party. The car whooshes past the lesser mortals kicking dirt on their faces.. the one who laughs last, laughs the most!! and im enjoying each n every bit of it!!
Yeah it feels great and i have done the same many times, never mind it depends on driver's enthu at the moment of time, the SX4's can pass by easily if it had got its right accio pushed in as much as you did. Anyway congrats, enjoy your ride and have safer mile munching! (The colour looks ultra cool especially in the first pic)
Old 9th June 2010, 23:56   #34
BHPian

Nice car capt. Almost bought the Aquarius blue in December but had to put it off due to deficiency of vitamin M. Now that I can afford it. I dont have the colour of choice. Blue :-(
Old 10th June 2010, 11:03   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Devil View Post
Nice car capt. Almost bought the Aquarius blue in December but had to put it off due to deficiency of vitamin M. Now that I can afford it. I dont have the colour of choice. Blue :-(
A similar situation happened with me in 2008 Aug and postponed my deciscion. Finally booked the 1.6S panther black on 1st of this June.
Old 10th June 2010, 16:05   #36
BHPian

Quote:
i think the car is too good to be put off due to the color.
i understand that the Aquarius color is super. Its gives enormous presence to the car and adds to its sporty looks like no other but if u are really an enthusiast, go for it...
Now that you have vitamin M, you can try the Sea Grey color or the Paprika Red, the 1.6S looks equally good in both of them..
Old 10th June 2010, 16:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keychain View Post
Yeah it feels great and i have done the same many times, never mind it depends on driver's enthu at the moment of time, the SX4's can pass by easily if it had got its right accio pushed in as much as you did. Anyway congrats, enjoy your ride and have safer mile munching! (The colour looks ultra cool especially in the first pic)
@ keychain, many thanks for the compliments..

i agree with you too. any of the cars i mentioned in my post can pass mine easily but none of the other has a true sports variant like Ford Fiesta.
The reason is also same, the person going in for a Fiesta 1.6S has to be an enthusiast like many others here. A true petrolhead. And he will have the guts to drive like one too..
people going in for SX4 or Dzire would be VFM people. so maybe their car has the same amount of punch, to use it to full would be a daring act again..
p.s.- i have great respect for these cars too but in their own ways!

Last edited by capt_rocker : 10th June 2010 at 16:13. Reason: adding text
Old 10th June 2010, 16:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rocker, truly one hell of a "ROCKING ACQUISITION" buddy!!

Somewhere in the post, you have mentioned that you always are looking for the Prestigeous "S" badge on Fiestas around. Trust me bro, I always have and still do that.
If there were 2 cars, that I would just relish the sight of on Bangalore roads, they were the Fiesta 1.6S and the Fierano Palio 1.6S. Pure Engineering Marvels.
The Fact that I could not find 1 used 1.6S in Bangalore after searching for 2 months confirms one of the 2 following things:
1. Not everybody can own a Fiesta 1.6S to be bought as a Used one.
2. The ones who own it, wouldn't wanna trade it for Gold !!

Happy n Safe motoring Captain. KUDOS

Last edited by Vik0728 : 10th June 2010 at 16:29.
Old 10th June 2010, 17:28   #39
BHPian

Guys. I just mailed Ford's customer service to enquire about the possibility of the Aquarius Blue being relaunched. Lets see if i get any reply and if I do lets hope its something positive.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:19   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Rocker, truly one hell of a "ROCKING ACQUISITION" buddy!!

Somewhere in the post, you have mentioned that you always are looking for the Prestigeous "S" badge on Fiestas around. Trust me bro, I always have and still do that.
If there were 2 cars, that I would just relish the sight of on Bangalore roads, they were the Fiesta 1.6S and the Fierano Palio 1.6S. Pure Engineering Marvels.
The Fact that I could not find 1 used 1.6S in Bangalore after searching for 2 months confirms one of the 2 following things:
1. Not everybody can own a Fiesta 1.6S to be bought as a Used one.
2. The ones who own it, wouldn't wanna trade it for Gold !!

Happy n Safe motoring Captain. KUDOS
thanks vik! i appreciate your compliments and makes me further satisfied of my new car..

I have truly been trying to sight a 1.6S here in Delhi roads. I saw one aquarius blue 1.6S a few days back but im guessing it was the same TD vehicle that i test drove. The entire Delhi/NCR region has only one 1.6S test drive car in aquarius blue and it belongs to Harpreet Ford.

meanwhile ill keep looking for the infamous "S" badge on the Fiestas and you keep doing the same.. good luck amigo!
Old 11th June 2010, 11:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Guys. I just mailed Ford's customer service to enquire about the possibility of the Aquarius Blue being relaunched. Lets see if i get any reply and if I do lets hope its something positive.
i wish you all the luck in the world.. if you manage to get the Aquarius Blue, then ill be happy for you but a bit sad for myself.. i really loved that color.

cheers!
Old 11th June 2010, 11:41   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hey Rocker I've got the news of the weekend bro!!

Everyday I would drive through a lane on my way to work and wouldn't bother seeing anything but the road ahead. Today, something literally yanked my Neck & Vision while I was passing through this lane.
No Points for guessing here...Yes it was an AQUARIUS BLUE NIRVANA !!

I've been driving through this lane for over 5 months now and never had once spotted this Gorgeous. Reason, it was Always Under Cover!! Guess, today was the day. Now I know why you are smitten by this Colour. I agree with you totally man, it really is a Head Ripper, not a turner!!!
The Best part is, the owner stays Pretty close to my place. Now on, my path to work and back, will be the same> LOL
Old 11th June 2010, 11:58   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats.. lovely colour!
A rear parking sensor is a must have..
Old 17th June 2010, 14:24   #44
BHPian

Guys, after 2 weeks/1000 kms of total immersion in the 1.6S, I am fully satisfied with my purchase!

A few comments:

1. Im getting an overall average of 10.5 kmpl ( I think its good.. will check further)

2. After 1000kms the car is seeming to underperform a bit. Maybe due to heavy bumper to bumper Delhi traffic. Frequent use of clutch and gear changes.

3. Got Garware Classic Lite sunfilm on her. Looks good but very light. Hardly seems to be there. Cuts of 35-40% heat.. or so it says!

4. Have send the car for underbody coating and paint protection by 3M. Will take a day to complete. So I am without my baby. (Good Ol' Santro is here for the rescue!!)

5. Cooling/AC is excellent. Sometimes overpowering! ACC is missed here!!

6. Ride is harsh at slower speeds but superb at higher speeds.

7. Gear ratios are good, although a lot of people say 2nd gear is short but I dont feel it. A slight knock when shifiting from 2nd to 3rd gear. Then maybe its my driving. 4th/5th gears are sublime. Car reached 90/100s without any effort!

8. Missing a USB port very much. Im tech geek and all my music is on a pendrive and I carry it with me. AUX in helps but not much.

9. I feel a slight wheel misalignment. The car veers to the left slightly on straight roads. Then again it could be on Indian roads this usually happens.

I'll be posting some glossy pictures after she comes back wearing the teflon coating!

Cheers guys.. keep revving!!
Old 18th June 2010, 10:53   #45
BHPian

Capt, am getting my Black Panther S in a couple of days time. Would like to know whether any running in period required for Fiesta?..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks