Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 16:06   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
more updates. went to an ortho yesterday. i have been asked to stay away from the car for a month. i have been asked to go to gym and excercise my muscles. for quadriceps, i am supposed to lift dumbles up with my legs, for 3,5,7 and 10kgs over a time line.

and for hamstrings, i am supposed to press the same dumbles down against its resistance over a period of time.

assuming i need to buy that machine myself is there one such available for me in the market?

meanwhile my RC book is not yet transferred and if anyone is interested in my car, there is a small window of opportunity for them to take it directly in your name. let me know by pm

I don't know if it has been advised to you or you thought about it. But such pains can come over back again if precautions are not taken. Why don't you seek a long term solution by moving to an Automatic variant which is a boon to drive in any condition with least efforts. Plus on freeways one can even be more care fee with cruise control like features. I am just giving my personal experience based on the level of comfort I felt while driving AT cars for 2 years.
Old 25th July 2010, 17:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

Geek, looks like it is going to be a sad ending to your ANHC experience. But I suggest you to wait for some more time. I also suddenly developed knee pain one day while driving my zen. But I had been driving the car for more than 6 years. So I was not sure what is going wrong. Finally it turned out that a wrong sitting posture at office was causing this. We had a seating realignment at offfice during that period.Driving was simply aggravating the pain. not causing it.
Thousands of people with different heights are driving ANHC with out much troubles.Mostly our body will get adjusted to these form of minor strains.

Last edited by poloman : 25th July 2010 at 17:09.
Old 25th July 2010, 23:15   #138
Senior - BHPian

Agree sameer and poloman. As of now it's wait and watch time. also poloman is polo a good car for 6 Footers? From what I know it's got a raised clutch position. Got to observe vento for what it is.
Old 26th July 2010, 10:17   #139
Senior - BHPian

Geek, I also have some form of back troubles for last few days. But not sure it is linked to Polo seating position. One thing I can tell you, Polo's clutch position is not at all comfortable for >5'10"people. Also due to this position you will find it quite retaliatory.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:47   #140
Senior - BHPian

i get your point poloman. i really get your point! the only options left for me is ford fiesta and dZire the heart car now. meanwhile the honda story is still on. its not over. i am enjoying my new found walking freedom and two wheeler freedom for now.
Old 9th August 2010, 16:37   #141
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
i get your point poloman. i really get your point! the only options left for me is ford fiesta and dZire the heart car now. meanwhile the honda story is still on. its not over. i am enjoying my new found walking freedom and two wheeler freedom for now.
whats the latest? did you sell the car and if so how and who?must be a lucky buyer but had to be unlucky for you:(
Old 9th August 2010, 16:42   #142
BHPian

@GeekSrik, Just to update on my knee problem, I met with doctor and according to him I am just have a strain in my knee. It's not related to driving car (Thank god). He has suggested me a exercise.

I went for a long drive and drove approx 400KM in a single day and didn't had any problem.
Old 9th August 2010, 20:26   #143
Senior - BHPian

i do have updates and i wont let this thread close without either giving those updates or starting off another on how to buy a used car. somewhat different from the lateral upgrades by GTO. this will be on how to control your nerves before ending up with a car.

for now the honda stands in front of my home parked, wasted, and not needed. i have not yet sold it. but its only a matter of time.
Old 16th August 2010, 23:36   #144
Senior - BHPian

All good things have an end.

My ANHC stands sold. I neither wish to discuss the price nor the specifics. But I would like to put in a few words about the experiences here before this thread dies a natural death.

The ANHC is an extremely capable car. Its super silent that I never knew it was on even when it was on many a time. Absolutely silent on the inside and the ride was even better. The engine is ever willing to respond without a fuss and if maintained properly its probably one car that would serve you for many years standing testimony that honda produces good vehicles.

When someone does something good, they can always ask a price they need for it and we can give a price we are okay to give, for it. Its the pleasure that counts inbetween owning a honda and selling it away later. Unfortunately my leg condition only worsened and I had to take a quick call on what is more priority for me, my health or my car. And it was no doubts the former.

I definitely want to start a new threads on a used car buying experience, where i will probably share more than meets the eye, so that people can thoroughly go through what i went through atleast virtually and make a call whether they want to still enter the used car market. mods, i request you to allow me to pen down such a thread for the benefit of others, just that i dont know where to really put it (which section).

while i am still completing some formalities on the anhc, my parents were pleased with the amount of rear space it offered, and the small rides they were part of. my entire family heaped praise on me for reaching upto a HONDA CITY in life (you know the little achievements that stay on!). this is my fifth car in life, and I have seen mostly everything between a scooter and an ANHC by now.

will I then go for another car? if so what will I choose next? petrol or diesel? fiesta or swift again? or is it polo and vento? so many questions yet so little answers. For now I am happy i am out of a situation that well, i wanted to be out of. as there are pressing matters to attend to towards family and the job side, I am taking a break for sometime without a car.

I am loving every moment of carlessness for now

Sad to see the honda go so soon. a standing ovation is the only thing that I can give to a car so well designed and conceived.

until my next thread, see you all on the other side of the forum somewhere!
Old 17th August 2010, 14:49   #145
Senior - BHPian

sold? in less than 2 months ? Hope the car is okay.
Old 17th August 2010, 15:10   #146
Senior - BHPian

"I am ok" is a better way to put things!
Old 17th August 2010, 16:02   #147
BHPian

Sorry to see the great car go. But I think you made the right decision and your health condition is now good. Why not consider an automatic for your next purchase?
Old 17th August 2010, 16:07   #148
BHPian

Hey Srikanth,
It is sad that you bidding goodbye to ANHC. I completely agree with you that health comes first and everything else supercedes. I hope you are doing well with your knee now. Take care buddy. Hope to see you more in the forum in the days to come.
Old 17th August 2010, 18:29   #149
Senior - BHPian

tanwar, phantom and jayanth, thanks for being along and commenting on this thread. and yes i will be back sooner than you can expect!
Old 18th August 2010, 13:11   #150
BHPian

Geek, sorry to hear about your back.

I presume you remember my whatcar thread, with similar dilemmas as yours.

I was waiting for vento to make my decision. Now that its launched, you would be surprised with my choice.

Its Xylo!!

Dont be smitten by exterior looks. Get inside xylo and see the difference.
Since you have back pain, I think its more relevant to consider an UV.

What do you say?

NOTE: Not sure if you are watching this thread hence sending PM too.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks