Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2010, 18:56   #76
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu. Thanks for all your support for the last one month. You were pretty instrumental in helping me decide. You were pretty patient irrespective of the number of times or the time of the day that I called you .

There are only two additions on my mind right now. The alloys and the amp + subwoofer. I am thinking of Honda recommended alloys. 25000 bucks for four I think. Sunfilm pending too.

3m is 5000 bucks. Vcool is 5000 per window horrendously expensive. Can you tell me what's so greatly different in vcool? Is it imported?

Photos of high resolution pending I know. Not getting time for that. Will post them soon.
Old 3rd July 2010, 19:54   #77
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu and others, what is the recommended tyre pressure for the city for city use? Though for swift with michelins people said 33 psi I was comfortable with 32 only. Any pointers?

Another question as well. Would putting an alloy wheels and not changing existing tyres can I be able to achieve increase in ground clearance?
Old 4th July 2010, 13:33   #78
BHPian

Dear GeekSrik,
Congrats on the ANHC.Excellent write up.The car looks as good as new.My car came on Michelins XM1.I fill the recommended 32 psi for front and 30 for rear tyre.Please dont over inflate the tyres.

Enjoy the car.Please keep on updating.
Old 4th July 2010, 15:32   #79
Senior - BHPian

@mevtec, thanks for this information, can i not use 32 for all tyres? why specifically difference between the front and rear? is it because engine weight adds to the front needs for extra psi ?
Old 4th July 2010, 20:41   #80
Senior - BHPian

And also is this only when you have alloys or even with normal steel rims?
Old 4th July 2010, 21:12   #81
BHPian

I have been maintaning 32 in the front and 30 in the rear on my V-MT (which came with alloys ofcourse) as recommended by Honda and I prefer to stick to that recommendation.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

ok, i shall try to maintain the same and see jayanth. if at all anything psyches me out always in a car, its the tyre pressure stuff. can give you the creeps when driving.
Old 5th July 2010, 21:36   #83
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
I had forgotten to reset the trip count, so i did that today and tried home to office at 730am, relatively free time with no bumper to bumper. I managed an actual of a little over 14kmpl on the same route that gives me 9.5kmpl usually.

Trick was to bring car to higher gears quickly, and in those gears let it use inertial force to go forward than any pedal press as such beyond a point. This is not a usually scenario since this kind of driving requires calculation dedication and perhaps coming early to office early to save fuel :-)

nevertheless, atleast i now know what makes this car give me a great return on mileage. That said, it only shows how congested the same route has become since ten years!
Hi

The right way to find the mileage is to fill the tank run for 100 or 200 kms and fill again and no of km done/no of liters = actual mileage

I think others will accept it
Old 5th July 2010, 21:41   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Jaggu. Thanks for all your support for the last one month. You were pretty instrumental in helping me decide. You were pretty patient irrespective of the number of times or the time of the day that I called you .

There are only two additions on my mind right now. The alloys and the amp + subwoofer. I am thinking of Honda recommended alloys. 25000 bucks for four I think. Sunfilm pending too.

3m is 5000 bucks. Vcool is 5000 per window horrendously expensive. Can you tell me what's so greatly different in vcool? Is it imported?

Photos of high resolution pending I know. Not getting time for that. Will post them soon.
Hi Srikanth

Go for the lumar instead of 3M,lumar steel 20 platinum series should cost you around 4-5k with 5years warrany.steel 20 is medium 10 is dark and 35 is light.

Vkool is imported and is said to be the BEST,once i enquired for my swifts front windshield alone and they quoted 10-12k where as lumar was 5k

Now i leave the decision to you
Old 5th July 2010, 22:48   #85
Senior - BHPian

I have spoken with magnum honda, since they were the ones who offered me the test drives. he says he has 3m, let me check with him on lumar too. i used to go to konark in koramangala, but these days parking there is pathetic. those guys dont seem to have understood that and changed their location too. they still maintain the same dingy old shop in the dingy old place. auto fusion, and a few others are far better with frontage space so that one can park the car and then do the job freely.

magnum is on kanakapura road, so that must be a bit of less traffic beyond and/or near metro store. coming week i think i will finish this activity of sunfilm. i had couple of days ago parked the car within the public car park in an apartment complex and by the time i came back, it was almost toast. the dashboard was so hot and the AC almost ineffective to bring it back to shape. guess the day was real hot.

i may also think of front and back sunshades. somehow i dont like the aluminium ones as they are a bother. the black netted ones with vaccum lock sounds more reasonable. any ideas on this ?
Old 8th July 2010, 19:17   #86
Senior - BHPian

Delivery photo though a bit late

Alright folks, here is the official delivery photo for my city. Handing over a box of chocolates, and the car. Customary toyota ribbon on a city was promptly removed by me (drushti samhara - removing evil eyes prying on my car while on road otherwise). The car in the background in maroon is what I could not buy due to pricing and mileage constraints (the altis). So happens my manager bought it instead on my prodding :-) atleast i can get a drive when i feel like!!
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-cityp6240025.jpg  

Old 9th July 2010, 10:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

According to the times of india this is the news for today. Good for city owners finally. I have seen a few of these scientific road humps, and they actually look better than what other ones we have around.

---->

Scientific road humps coming

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: The government will initiate steps to identify and remove bad road humps and replace them with more scientifically designed ones.
This will not be restricted to Bangalore alone,but across the state, home minister V S Acharya said in the council on Thursday.
Replying to JD(S) member Abdul Azeem,he admitted that most of the road-breakers built across the state are unscientific and promised to correct them on a priority basis.We have already directed the BBMP,BDA and district authorities,police,public works department officials to remove unscientific road brakers.Weve told them to strictly follow engineering specifications while erecting road humps, Acharya said.
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-pc0031900.jpg  

Old 9th July 2010, 11:54   #88
BHPian

Yippie!! I am sure some of our beloved politicians car must have scrapped consistently and hence the move. We welcome.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:49   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
According to the times of india this is the news for today. Good for city owners finally. I have seen a few of these scientific road humps, and they actually look better than what other ones we have around.

---->

Scientific road humps coming

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: The government will initiate steps to identify and remove bad road humps and replace them with more scientifically designed ones.
This will not be restricted to Bangalore alone,but across the state, home minister V S Acharya said in the council on Thursday.
Replying to JD(S) member Abdul Azeem,he admitted that most of the road-breakers built across the state are unscientific and promised to correct them on a priority basis.We have already directed the BBMP,BDA and district authorities,police,public works department officials to remove unscientific road brakers.Weve told them to strictly follow engineering specifications while erecting road humps, Acharya said.
Yikes, what is that ? A speed breaker? What were the people thinking when they were making it !
Old 9th July 2010, 13:31   #90
Senior - BHPian

I have gone over these at a couple of places, and i must say, the car glides very well over these compared to the same ones which are bit taller or those ridiculous ones which are well made for the fun of scraping cars.

UPDATE: Tomorrow I am finally going in for tints - 3m or llumar. will get it done at honda kanakapura road (i think magnum). I will take nice road, and can get you some good snaps.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks