Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2010, 19:18   #46
Senior - BHPian

Mileages statistics

I took two office trips from home, in 20% free roads, 80% bumper to bumper. Without AC during early mornings. The display was showing 12.4 kmpl ( i dont know how much skewed it is).

The bigger trip of 60kms I happened to do from koramangala to yelahanka. This had about 20% B2B (bumper to bumper), 20% of slightly faster speeds, and 60% signal free roads. With this I was able to achieve 14.6 to sometimes 15kmpl which is satisfactory. perhaps the meter itself has an offset by some amount, though not sure of it. i just use normal unleaded petrol and nothing more for now.

I missed the trip to chikkaballapur which is 150km up and down, since i felt it not prudential to take this vehicle so far, without RC and insurance still converted into my name. That process would take a bit of time upto a week or two and its best i contain my driving until then.
Old 28th June 2010, 19:24   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
I took two office trips from home, in 20% free roads, 80% bumper to bumper. Without AC during early mornings. The display was showing 12.4 kmpl ( i dont know how much skewed it is).

The bigger trip of 60kms I happened to do from koramangala to yelahanka. This had about 20% B2B (bumper to bumper), 20% of slightly faster speeds, and 60% signal free roads. With this I was able to achieve 14.6 to sometimes 15kmpl which is satisfactory. perhaps the meter itself has an offset by some amount, though not sure of it. i just use normal unleaded petrol and nothing more for now.

I missed the trip to chikkaballapur which is 150km up and down, since i felt it not prudential to take this vehicle so far, without RC and insurance still converted into my name. That process would take a bit of time upto a week or two and its best i contain my driving until then.
As most of us have discovered, the fuel efficiency indicator has an error of ~ 1.2 Kmpl.
Old 28th June 2010, 19:30   #48
Senior - BHPian

which means? must these be substracted further by 1.2 or added?
Old 28th June 2010, 19:42   #49
BHPian

Quote:
which means? must these be substracted further by 1.2 or added?
Ofcourse it has to be subtracted. I meant, shows an excess of 1.2 to the actual. FYI the DTE also has an error, it starts showing some vague numbers after the count down from ~ 70. Some owners have done apprx. 50 Kms after DTE shows 0, which is actually good.
Old 30th June 2010, 08:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

House to office has never bettered 10.6 kmpl on the display. Does this mean I am getting 9.5 kmpl? Somehow i don't feel like believing the display and rather like a tankful to tankful calculation. Anyways I ll check it once I do a tankful.
Old 30th June 2010, 09:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

The outgoing and the incoming!

i managed to chance upon this scene, and could not help taking a snap off my iphone (this also proves how bad iphone is in terms of photo quality). Shows my outgoing car, and the incoming one at the rear!
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_0125.jpg  

Old 30th June 2010, 10:59   #52
BHPian

Quote:
House to office has never bettered 10.6 kmpl on the display. Does this mean I am getting 9.5 kmpl? Somehow i don't feel like believing the display and rather like a tankful to tankful calculation. Anyways I ll check it once I do a tankful.
There are many City owners in my office who say that they are getting only 9-10 kmpl in city traffic with the ANHC. So, it may be true in your case as well.
Old 30th June 2010, 11:07   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
There are many City owners in my office who say that they are getting only 9-10 kmpl in city traffic with the ANHC. So, it may be true in your case as well.
FE on ANHC is purely dependent on how you drive it, there are few points if you follow you can extract the max out of it.

Check this:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...anhc-s-11.html
Old 30th June 2010, 11:12   #54
Senior - BHPian

raghu I read that page, and find that @starvegabond has detailed a few steps. however, I do think except topping up or tank full, i do follow the other steps. Anyway the route, the timings of travel and every thing else matters I think for achieving good FE. what I have also observed as mentioned in those posts is that unless i accelerate or break and let the car have a free run especially in higher gears, i see the KMPL hitting on the greater side of 20. The moment I press any of the pedals, I see it getting to the wrong side of 20

Last edited by GeekSrik : 30th June 2010 at 11:14.
Old 30th June 2010, 11:44   #55
BHPian

Congrats GeekSrik. I see that your dilemmas have been similar to mine.
I was put off by the interest rates for used car loans. Now, I will check again with the dealers, whether they can give something better.

Happy riding
Old 30th June 2010, 11:49   #56
Senior - BHPian

There is another black ANHC done 10000km at nandi toyota used car dealership. quote is 9 lacs. if anyone wants ping them soon.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:02   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your ANHC, Greek. Lets hope you are finally satisfied with this one. No more rattles.

OT:

Quote:
B2B (bumper to bumper)
Why use abbreviation when you are writing expanded form anyway.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:36   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by druva View Post
Congrats GeekSrik. I see that your dilemmas have been similar to mine.
I was put off by the interest rates for used car loans. Now, I will check again with the dealers, whether they can give something better.

Happy riding

Thanks druva, and hope you too find out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Congrats on your ANHC, Greek. Lets hope you are finally satisfied with this one. No more rattles.

OT:

Why use abbreviation when you are writing expanded form anyway.

thanks decite and sorry for abbreviating. You bet, the rattles not being there is making a world of difference. when the windows shut, they well .... SHUT and shut tight. for the first time in like few years, I have enjoyed 20kms worth of music within my car, in the real spirit. something that I did not do much in the swift earlier. The money's well worth it for a good car no doubts.

As for satisfaction, well its always subjective each time for each different thing at each point in life! Thats why everyone sells things and we buy them over and over again.

The real satisfaction is perhaps when you have anything materialistic with you and you are happy with that situation!
Old 30th June 2010, 14:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Please read the last line as " ..... when you DONT have anything materialistic ....."
Old 30th June 2010, 20:22   #60
Senior - BHPian

There are two things in my honda city that are as old as my marriage. They have been with me through good and bad. These are my seat beads

and the extra rear view mirror which sits above the normal one just above the steering

I carried them on from my maruti 800, to the swift and now to the honda city. The latter is especially useful to get a full view of the surroundings and give a general feeling of confidence while driving.

I somehow hate the normal mirrors which are too small and provide a rather small view of what is around me. I have prevented so many possible accidents with this add on mirror and even though it gives my car a cheap look, I retained it across three cars due to the possible goodness it offered in terms of wide angle view!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks