Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2010, 09:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Thats one thriller of a car buying experience. Waiting for the anti and the Climax.
Old 26th June 2010, 09:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

I started digging out the service records of the corolla that I was about to purchase. Between 2005 to 2008 for 2.5 yrs it was with ravindu and the rest upto 2010, 2.5 yrs with Nandi. I got the latter set of reports which indicated that the car had done services between roughly 41000 kms and 57000 kilometeres with Nandi, with some amount of spot painting on bumpers every now and then. It wasn't anything to conclude that this was a reckless driver yet.

Through a known contact I managed to procure the reports of former 2.5 yrs from ravindu (though some other sources) even before the nandi used car division could fetch them and to my horror I found that this car had undergone a 56000 km service way back in 2008 and even in 2010! Piqued me totally. I also did some ground work to note this car belonged to a company near my office and they had sold it to another guy which made me the third owner and not the second as expected. Also there were lots of times at which parts concerning the brakes were changed.

This rattled me completely and I called off the deal. Booking amount of 10000 was to be retrieved a day later. This is when some interesting discussions were going on in TBHP about the Punto TJet diesel of 90BHP. I again test drove the punto 1.3 MJD at Concorde this time in Mysore road, and I found it good compared to the TD car they had given me in Prerana. Was it worth waiting for the 90BHP version? Even if it meant 8 lac-ish price? Now there was only either this or the Linea Petrol 1.4. Though the 1.6 was still sometime away - atleast Diwali, too much of wait for a car that might touch a tad over 10 lac-ish which put me into unaffordable territory again.

A call to VW and pat came the reply Vento would "probably" come only in November which may or may not be true, and I decided to hang up my boots on this car as well.
My only concern on the punto was the rear space which was just about the same I'd get on my swift. maybe a bit more but thats just about it. So the punto MJD was slowly fading away as well. The fiesta is like your crushes, its adept at best at torturing your mind every now and then - you know like those mohinis in the dark night making the jingles on the anklets - and it still had a lingering effect on me until this day.

The conscious decision was now clear. Due to practicality my mind had to go with Linea 1.4, and my heart anyway was sold to the Linea. Have you ever loved a car? By its looks, by its sensibility? I have. You know what I mean, dont you?

So it was about time to just get back my booking deposit with the used car guy, and then go ahead to Prerana to book the Linea. I had even decided grey was my colour of choice simply because it looked outstanding with an awesome road presence.

Resale and FE were not something to talk about for Linea and Fiesta, so I had anyway factored these in even if I were to buy one of these.

I called up the used car showroom, to fix up a time for my refund. Things happen you know, I really did not get a corolla that I needed. And then other things happen ......
Old 26th June 2010, 10:10   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post

The fiesta is like your crushes, its adept at best at torturing your mind every now and then - you know like those mohinis in the dark night making the jingles on the anklets - and it still had a lingering effect on me until this day.
Shouldn't you be a writer ?

I'm loving reading this thread, and waiting for the story to unfold - just like I enjoyed reading your swift ownership thread.
Old 26th June 2010, 16:46   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The EMI for the corolla was 15000 per month for a loan of 6.7 lacs.
For a preowned you got that offer? I think that very good and works out to 10% or little higher. Whereas i thought preowned loan percentage is not below 16% or more.
Old 27th June 2010, 07:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

the ANHC 1.5S i-VTEC is mine now

I was thinking of the rigmarole of doing this car buying all over again when the guy at the used car showroom informed me of a one year old ANHC that had come over. He said it was a grey colour and was being sold via car lease plan. He asked me whether I need a test drive. The moment I saw it, my mind agreed for a test drive. Same route, same 2 kilometeres later, I found nothing to complain about it. It had seat covers, no TINT, no autocop, but the rest of the stuff intact.

Now comes the best part, it had done 10,800 kms only and it was an April 2009 model. Insurance cover was upto 2011 april. It was the same i-VTEC that I had test driven few weeks back which both my son and wife had literally taken to during the test drive. So much so my son refused to sit in my swift and had been always asking for the maroon big car which he termed appa's new car. The guys quoted a price of 9 lac. Now I had a good contender to the new linea at this price. I had a Honda coming to me at a price I could afford. Were there any issues with this car? Yes. but very minor.

I checked with Whitefield honda on the service, two were done. I checked with insurance department and a small spot painting on the front bumper was done due to a minor paint peel off. Other than that it was pristine and also preworshipped (thanks for this terminology GTO). Now I had to bargain for other things. I asked him for a price of 8.75 lacs and finally they came to 8.8. Loan was through Kotak for 4.6 lacs (which is after what was offered for my swift) and all my documents got the loan approved in 1.5 days flat. Interest rate was hovering close to 12% or so (same deal as for corolla altis, which was also negotiated) and EMI came to 10,500 every month. Thats 5k below the altis each month. Plus fuel costs each month for another 2-3k. For now it sounded good enough with some indications of a hike coming up.

Besides, my cousin who is also named srikanth, and is on this forum with id srikanthv, owns a palio and was a bit skeptical about the tata service with FIAT cars. Though things have changed for the better now, he had a fuel leak issue in his car which we tried sorting out in the middle of the night and he felt a bit dissatisfied with the assitance and follow up provided. I was ok with all this for a good car, but then a call had to be taken on the ANHC in front of me. I had almost a new piece, I had reliability, peace of mind and whatever follows including happiness.

So after the two days of wait and nail biting, not wanting to leave this vehicle in that used car showroom any further, i picked it up on Thursday evening, lock stock and barrel including a ganesha idol intact in the car. The PDI checklist was thrown to the wind as I did not want to contemplate and check too much though I agree it was a bad idea not to have followed it. I followed my intuition instead and finally the ANHC i-VTEC was mine with the swift fading away into history.

I finally managed to get a photograph in the midst of my busy schedules during a 60km drive yesterday and another 200km drive today pending. So here is the suspense revealed guys!
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-anhc.jpg  

Old 27th June 2010, 08:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice reading and a good decision. The ANHC is a fantastic car.

The car looks good in the pic. Post interior pics later on.
Old 27th June 2010, 08:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
GeekSrik are you giving us a hint about the CITY???

Does this mean that you have it in your hands now? Pic please
joshguy, yes you were spot on with your assumption. that was a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
It has to be an ANHC....guessing from the title. Congrats anyway
Whiteknight, thanks for correctly pointing the choice out much early in the race!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
I am guessing you bought the envy home?
were you referring to the fiesta sachinj12? if so no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I think he has zeroed in for the Fiat Linea, read it in his thread "Which car - sedan" section.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...ml#post1942134

I hope I am right.

One query though, why this thread in Long term ownership section, should this not be in Test Drive and Initial ownership section
I was about to plonk in money for the linea ghodlur so much so I had already named my LTR title etc. But then things took a sudden change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Craiglist?? In India? Is it effective?

So, when is your Linea coming? Which version?
It is effective devdath. alteast in bangalore. I have sold umpteen mobiles, baby stuff and other things via craigslist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Ranger View Post
I would endorse what WhiteKnight has said. Its Honda city.
indian ranger, kudos to you as well. correct answer and many thanks for participating in the suspense!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys : VVTI - that's your clue. See the title of his post.

@GeekSrik, if you have purchased your car, pls mention so & provide more details + pics. Else this thread may be locked by the mods till such time there is more content about your car.
did you mean the corolla? if so no condor! I can see your eagerness in getting an answer out of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Absolutely it is time to end the suspense before mods lock down this thread.
3 cars are identified - Linea, ANHC, Toyota Altis (I guess by VVTI) I think GeekSrik should start a poll and let BHPians guess, The correct one will get a free gift. What say guys.
I almost thought I'd send a bunch of chocos across by keeping this guessing more intuitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfanatic007 View Post
Suspense has to be out now, I think he might have gone with Corolla he is talking about ride
carfanatic, the corolla started off my thirst for a good car, the honda quenched it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
No It is the CITI within The RACE lies WiThIn ....i guess

Now Please dont prolong the suspense ,come on !
the title really did not have an intention of having a car name in it, if you still spotted something you have done quite a lot of research then joshguy! if you go to www.hondacarindia.com, and click city, you can see the picture and the tagline - the race lies within ! its as simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Hmmm I dont think its Honda simply because of the experience he had with the City.

@greek - be a good boy and break the suspense.
extreme, aint i not a good boy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Makes a very interesting read Geek. Nice thread so far. If I were you, and I was choosing between the petrol versions of Linea and Fiesta, I'd go for the latter ....but it would have to be the Fiesta 1.6 S...in white ! Anyway, waiting for the story to unfold.
roms, thanks for posting in this thread, keep doing so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Shouldn't you be a writer ?

I'm loving reading this thread, and waiting for the story to unfold - just like I enjoyed reading your swift ownership thread.
sdp1975, thanks for your compliments, i am planning to release a book but just that I don't know when though. One chapter is already written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
For a preowned you got that offer? I think that very good and works out to 10% or little higher. Whereas i thought preowned loan percentage is not below 16% or more.
mobike008, the toyota used car showroom and kotak are aggressive in giving good interest rate deals. if i had gone to SBI used car loans are 16% I think.
Old 27th June 2010, 11:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Thats a real happy ending...err! Begining!!
Old 27th June 2010, 11:30   #24
BHPian

Hey the car looks great, Congrats, which used car dealer did you go to?
Old 27th June 2010, 11:34   #25
BHPian

Congratulations GeekSrik, Great write up. I wish you had changed the title, so that it would have added more suspense. Anyways great car. There are many ANHC owners in this forum, esp from Bangalore, including me. Keep updating the thread about your initial experience with the car. Any plans for mods?

Do post some interrior pic please, the good bad ugly everything

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 27th June 2010 at 11:35.
Old 27th June 2010, 12:42   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

were you referring to the fiesta sachinj12? if so no.

No, Envy= Altis.

The tag line for Altis AD-

The only know cure for envy.

Bring home the envy.

Congrats on the car, you write well
Old 27th June 2010, 13:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

GeekSrik, congrats on your ANHC and welcome to the club. Well written!

Interesting to note that The model you brought is almost close to what i have now. Mine's Mar 09 with ~10,300 in the Odo.
Old 27th June 2010, 15:06   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats on ANHC, car is looking neat and very clean. How much is ANHC S model in Banglore OTR currently? Would be nice to compare and see the dep cost for one year.

Look forward to interior pics soon. Have fun and drive safe
Old 27th June 2010, 16:25   #29
BHPian

Congratulations GeekSrik, I had a question - what makes you think will you be able to enjoy a big car in b'lore ?
Time really moves fast -- it was just Y'day when the sX4 was launched and Pratham had the car in their back yard on 3 rd floor and all the sneek previews and you buying the DDIS and the trips to Sai for the tyres its all so fresh in my mind.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 27th June 2010 at 16:28.
Old 27th June 2010, 17:16   #30
Senior - BHPian

Nice... but couldnt you have got an pre-worshipped Honda Civic for the same price?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks