Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 16:08   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
I have gone over these at a couple of places, and i must say, the car glides very well over these compared to the same ones which are bit taller or those ridiculous ones which are well made for the fun of scraping cars.

UPDATE: Tomorrow I am finally going in for tints - 3m or llumar. will get it done at honda kanakapura road (i think magnum). I will take nice road, and can get you some good snaps.
Have you decided on the series? I am still due for wind screen film.
Old 9th July 2010, 17:17   #92
Senior - BHPian

I want lighter ones - i think 35 series. windscreen film yet to decide on that.
Old 10th July 2010, 15:58   #93
Senior - BHPian

The photos finally !!!

Finally got some time to catch up with some close up snaps of my car!
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-cityimg_4471.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-cityimg_4470.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-cityimg_4474.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_4475.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_4488.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_4494.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_4487.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_4496.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_4497.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_4506.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_4502.jpg  

Old 10th July 2010, 17:17   #94
BHPian

Lovely snaps.

H in Red looks killer.
Old 10th July 2010, 17:32   #95
Senior - BHPian

got some time to meet up with another t-bhp-ian, anandg, and we both went along to banashankari 6th stage where i could take the snaps in peace. and yea, the red H was a bit photofiltre'd !!

meanwhile i reached magnum at about 11-ish today. anandg was also there to meet me. he is deciding between new swift D and old honda (am i not the right guy for this kinda talk?). i asked him which tint will look better, at the dealership and to my surprise he said,

sir, this car already has a tint!! oh boy, i cant believe age is catching up on me so fast that i could not distinguish tint from no tint! LOL

the front windshield however had no tint, and he quoted a 7k worth tint for me. i was not convinced at that point, so since i did not have anything else to do, i decided to leave the place for the snaps.

meanwhile one another occurence is severe knee pain, the last time i had this was when i had the maruti 800 which is why i went ahead and bought the only MJD, swift at that point in time. now the knee pain is back in full glory and it hurts badly. thigh support is the issue. the drivers seat does not seem to have enough thigh support like the rear seats. the problem seems to be that for tall people, there is about one fist amount of gap between thighs and the seat and much of the leg protrudes out of the seat. the clutch pedal itself does not cause much of pain, but its the right leg which switches at a bad angle to accelerate and decelerate that causes the pain in the ankles to be passed onto the thigh, causing cramps.

i have asked honda to upgrade the foam by bolstering it up a bit tomorrow morning. once i get that done, hopefully the one fist worth of space between thigh and seat wont be the case, and lets see if it provides any recourse from the pain. that said, here is where i miss the MJD very much for its less frequent gear shifts. and the swift itself had good thigh support seats.

maybe i should just buy a swift seat and plonk it in the honda. another thing is the seating position in honda is a bit bucket-ish compared to swift. lets see the results tomorrow.

you can see above in the fourth snap, how different the front and rear seats look in terms of side profile. notice how much of foam or support is there for rear seats for the thighs.

Last edited by Eddy : 11th July 2010 at 19:21. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 10th July 2010, 20:48   #96
BHPian

Hi GeekSrik,
Happy to know that you are enjoying the car.The car looks great.The previous owner has taken care of it well.

In ANHC unlike the Swift you sit low.ANHC's front seat rises when you pull seat forward.Please try to pull the seat bit forward and raise the seat using the seat height adjuster.I got a better seating position at this point.But this can sometimes lead to brushing of the knee on the dash white getting out..I am not very tall.

Please make sure that the extra foam in the seat dosen't hurt your back.

Last edited by Mevtec : 10th July 2010 at 20:49.
Old 10th July 2010, 20:53   #97
BHPian

Great pics there. I see so many houses in BSK 6th stage? I originally thought it was Bharath housing co-op society near poorna prajna layout.

Reg, the seat comfort, I have never felt that discomfort may be because I am not tall. The back seat comfort is something that I have not been fortunate enough to be driven, since I haven't found a driver that I can trust
Old 11th July 2010, 16:51   #98
Senior - BHPian

mevtec and jayanth and others, i got the foam stuff done today. it does help a wee bit, but with the seat position to the farthest, and lowest, i cannot raise it anymore due to this foam thing since steering is also at highest. at best i can come a bit forward and until i cure myself of the cramp i am having, i think sitting in the car again and again will only worsen it.

cost me 1,500 bucks. also another thing i noticed leading to this cramp is the fact accel pedal is lower than brake pedal. they kept it like that for safety i believe so that by mistake you dont reach the accel pedal in case of emergency. but here is where my problem lies. by just turning your leg direction from accel to brake and lower to higher position, we tend to activate the thigh muscle to be cramped. i am referring to hamstring perhaps.

i spoke to jaggu on this let me check my positioning a bit over the next week. lets see what happens. if nothing great comes through, i might think of removing the foam to bring seat back to its original condition. the last of the snaps shows the type of foam being used.
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_0131.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_0133.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 11th July 2010, 22:27   #99
BHPian

Quote:
I got the foam stuff done today. it does help a wee bit, but with the seat position to the farthest, and lowest, i cannot raise it anymore due to this foam thing since steering is also at highest. at best i can come a bit forward and until i cure myself of the cramp i am having, i think sitting in the car again and again will only worsen it.

If nothing great comes through, i might think of removing the foam to bring seat back to its original condition. the last of the snaps shows the type of foam being used.

Dear Geeksrik,
Hope you solves the problem soon.From my experience I think the foam will aggravate the problem.I am a guy with chronic back problem.I tried to put a foam like that in my indica's seat cover.The results were very disappointing.

I would suggest you to remove seat cover if you can.Then try to pull the seat forwards bit by bit and then try to slowly rise it so that you can get a comfortable position.Please dont try to get a position similar to that you got in the Swift.I think thats not possible to attain in a car like ANHC with a low seating position (?more aerodynamic)

But believe me you will get a great seating position in ANHC.The front seat has been very good to my back.

Last edited by Mevtec : 11th July 2010 at 22:29.
Old 12th July 2010, 20:59   #100
Senior - BHPian

mevtec, thanks for your response. As of 2002 i suffered an amusement park ride back jerk, which rendered me useless for the next 2 years almost (though not strictly bedridden), i used to get frequent muscle spasms. I worked on this problem through about 7 years, to get myself to walk freely now. I still cant run, but atleast I am alive and kicking. Since then back support, thigh support etc have been the required norm.

To add to that I had changed from 800 to swift after 2 years of the 800 gave me knee issues as well. The tissue between the knee cap and knee bone was wearing out.

Given this context, my back does not hurt that much after this minor modification. Thigh support has not improved much, but I want to understand whether the hamstring was a one of occurence or not. Today I went to office by auto. Evening when I drove my car, I felt ok since it was for short distance. I need to check this on longer drives.

I also feel if this is not working out, i will remove the mod to give me the lower height again and adhere to what you say to see if that indeed solves the issue to some extent. the aerodynamism has been taken to an extreme level in ANHC. If you come around to bangalore, you can show me the seating position. there is another option, if you can you can put a photo of yourself seated, in this thread, that way i ll come to know what you mean. it will help me.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:05   #101
Senior - BHPian

one photo to illustrate seating position

Here is a photo of me on the copassenger seat in the front to illustrate the seating position on a non height adjustible seat. i am close to 5'11" (thanks anandg for the snap)

this is before the mod btw
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-meimg_4479.jpg  

Old 12th July 2010, 21:09   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Lovely snaps.

H in Red looks killer.
Thanks for your comments raghu.
Old 12th July 2010, 21:53   #103
BHPian

I think everyone's seating position is unique and personal. This will take a while before you get adjusted to the "perfect driving position". This happened to me initially while I was used to the seating position of Santro (Almost a bird's eye view of the road view). But now my body has got adjusted and I now know the exact changes I need to make it comfortable.
Old 12th July 2010, 22:08   #104
BANNED

Quote:
got some time to meet up with another t-bhp-ian, anandg, and we both went along to banashankari 6th stage where i could take the snaps in peace. and yea, the red H was a bit photofiltre'd !!

meanwhile i reached magnum at about 11-ish today. anandg was also there to meet me. he is deciding between new swift D and old honda (am i not the right guy for this kinda talk?). i asked him which tint will look better, at the dealership and to my surprise he said,

sir, this car already has a tint!! oh boy, i cant believe age is catching up on me so fast that i could not distinguish tint from no tint! LOL

the front windshield however had no tint, and he quoted a 7k worth tint for me. i was not convinced at that point, so since i did not have anything else to do, i decided to leave the place for the snaps.

meanwhile one another occurence is severe knee pain, the last time i had this was when i had the maruti 800 which is why i went ahead and bought the only MJD, swift at that point in time. now the knee pain is back in full glory and it hurts badly. thigh support is the issue. the drivers seat does not seem to have enough thigh support like the rear seats. the problem seems to be that for tall people, there is about one fist amount of gap between thighs and the seat and much of the leg protrudes out of the seat. the clutch pedal itself does not cause much of pain, but its the right leg which switches at a bad angle to accelerate and decelerate that causes the pain in the ankles to be passed onto the thigh, causing cramps.

i have asked honda to upgrade the foam by bolstering it up a bit tomorrow morning. once i get that done, hopefully the one fist worth of space between thigh and seat wont be the case, and lets see if it provides any recourse from the pain. that said, here is where i miss the MJD very much for its less frequent gear shifts. and the swift itself had good thigh support seats.

maybe i should just buy a swift seat and plonk it in the honda. another thing is the seating position in honda is a bit bucket-ish compared to swift. lets see the results tomorrow.

you can see above in the fourth snap, how different the front and rear seats look in terms of side profile. notice how much of foam or support is there for rear seats for the thighs.

The front windshield film(lumar AIR 60/70) should cost between 5-6k and not more than that.I stuck it from my friends FIGO in march or april.

And the best treatment for the back pain is to keep your back rest as vertical as possible, i know it is tuff but it works.

Always take you wallet and keep it in the dash and not in your back pocket.

Why am i give you all these advice? Because I was also injured when traveling from Chennai to bangy in volvo bus in 2002 and have hibernated disc/disc prolapse

The road was then being layed and was not smooth and in one of the bumps i was thrown from seat and hit the ceiling of the volvo.

I have a swift ,and choose it because of its seat

All the best srikanth
Old 12th July 2010, 22:13   #105
Team-BHP Support

Ok Geek i think we need to meet up sometime, i have a feeling your seating position can be improved and yes i also don't prefer after market covers. They spoil the feel and comfort of the OE seats.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks