Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 12:16   #106
Senior - BHPian

Jaggu. Yes we need to meet. How about this weekend? I want to understand what's wrong with my seating position. Also the overall height between seat and floor and between brake pedal and accel are making some difference.
Old 13th July 2010, 15:14   #107
Team-BHP Support

As i mentioned last week over phone, you need to check different settings over a period of time, to find the sweet spot.

Yes lets catch up this Sunday if possible.
Old 13th July 2010, 17:09   #108
Senior - BHPian

jaggu, i need you to ratify if the foam work is adding value or not according to you. basically what i am expecting from you is to tell whether it was a stupid or sane move to do that. i find that due to that foam work, height adjust is no more an option for my height , whereas only seat movement forward or backward is the only left over option. if need be i will revert the foam work if thats gonna improve stuff according to you. will try calling you over either weekend or tomorrow evening if possible.

i am traveling to chennai this weekend so wont be available.
Old 15th July 2010, 09:03   #109
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I took another drive for about 20km overall in peak hour traffic. I found a few observations.

1. I find that the clutch is way too hard and retaliatory
2. With the height adjuster used for lessening height for driver seat, I find my left leg a bit more relaxed as compared to it being used for increasing height. with seat at lowest position, left leg is a bit better. right leg is slowly adjusting to accel pedal.

Still the extra foaming i am not sure whether its helping or degrading things. Its under observation. Jaggu is yet to check on my car and let me know.
Old 19th July 2010, 16:53   #110
Senior - BHPian

the ODD man out

got a top view from my cafeteria. spot the odd one out!
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_0150.jpg  

Old 20th July 2010, 17:02   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSrik View Post
got a top view from my cafeteria. spot the odd one out!
is it that difficult ?

The one on the right is Aveo UVA
extreme left seems like Palio
is the next left Figo ?
Old 20th July 2010, 17:43   #112
Senior - BHPian

As a first step I have removed the floor mat and beads from the seat on drivers seat. With this there seems to be some comfort on the leg. Next is to see if changing footwear makes any difference. Next step is to remove that extra foam from both seats.

I will update how I feel once that is also over.
Old 21st July 2010, 14:28   #113
Senior - BHPian

What i attempted to the seat

The changes I have effected on my seat is something similar to this:

source: priuschat.com forums.

With this mod, i found that my leg was still getting cramped in the portion between knee and thigh end, and on the underside (hamstring in one word i think).
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-18145d1251909173coveredseatcushionmorethighsupportlessthan10im002516.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-18144d1251909173coveredseatcushionmorethighsupportlessthan10im002515.jpg  

Old 21st July 2010, 18:28   #114
Senior - BHPian

guys i also have one more observation. When i do a cold start and move on in the mornings, the car jerks like crazy in first gear or second gear until the engine heats up a bit. you can say until i cross one street or so, after that its ok, never behaves like that for the rest of the day. also even by mistake if i slot my car in first gear while in say 3rd, the car behaves strangely as though it did not like that shift! i use mostly only 1st gear, 3rd gear and 5th gear as even at very low speeds, car does not shudder or stop.
Old 21st July 2010, 19:43   #115
BHPian

I completely enjoyed reading your story, Should I say a well written emotional car movie tailor made for the Indian Public.

ANHC is a very good car with a GEM on an engine.
Enjoy many miles of the car with SMILES
Old 21st July 2010, 19:52   #116
BHPian

I usually start the engine and allow it to settle down to 1k rpm and accelerate slowly before before the engine has attained the adequate temperature (Untill the temp light disappears).
I did experience jerking feeling even on the run sometimes, I guess that had to do with the quality of petrol. After I switched to Shell it's smooth as silk.
Old 21st July 2010, 22:10   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
I usually start the engine and allow it to settle down to 1k rpm and accelerate slowly before before the engine has attained the adequate temperature (Untill the temp light disappears).
I did experience jerking feeling even on the run sometimes, I guess that had to do with the quality of petrol. After I switched to Shell it's smooth as silk.
Ha ha that explains, I had the same behavior with mine. For some reasons I couldn't fill the fuel from regular station last two times. I went to Dakshin today as Iam facing this jerks in the morning. But by the time I reached SA there was none.

He said everything's fine and asked me to allways press the clutch till the end.

Srikanth, gear shift from 3rd/2nd to 1st gear initially was a tough task. But after a clutch bleeding I don't face this issue anymore.
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:23   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
I completely enjoyed reading your story, Should I say a well written emotional car movie tailor made for the Indian Public.

ANHC is a very good car with a GEM on an engine.
Enjoy many miles of the car with SMILES
thanks raaj for your comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
aah so its the fuel eh? hmm ... i m using indianoil normal petrol. I dont think its that bad. just the initial cold start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Ha ha that explains, I had the same behavior with mine. For some reasons I couldn't fill the fuel from regular station last two times. I went to Dakshin today as Iam facing this jerks in the morning. But by the time I reached SA there was none.

He said everything's fine and asked me to allways press the clutch till the end.

Srikanth, gear shift from 3rd/2nd to 1st gear initially was a tough task. But after a clutch bleeding I don't face this issue anymore.
i have to go for a service to sort out gear shift and clutch issues. hopefully post bleeding it will be nice enough.
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:35   #119
Senior - BHPian

knee pain resolved but muscle pull above knee still there

ok so yesterday i was damn pissed off and certain that there was indeed something wrong with that rogue foam mod, and i decided to remove that crap myself. with blood rushing into my head and foot upto the ceiling spent 20 minutes trying to un-knot the seat cover. there are two strings one is the normal thread types, and the other set the elastic ones. I wasted 15 minutes untying the thread one only to know that it did not really matter :-)

the seat covers were neatly strapped to metal loops provided under the seat. way to go honda, i am impressed. i can remove a seat cover in ten mins flat. you can see in the pictures post removal the height difference between drivers seat and the seat next to it (left side where the foam is still there). also shown in my boot the rogue foam. coming to think of the fact i spent 1500 bucks on this nonsense, i feel like a fool really.

best part is with that removed, my knee pain is gone. i now have my seat at lowest position (where you cant see the road much). with this position, i still have my beads which i want to remove later on since they also add to some height. in this position, i move my seat forward to where i feel comfortable and its a much better driving position. there is however a slight tremble on my muscles above the knee after a city peak hour drive. the problem is on my side, not the cars side.

i need a mix of two wheeler drives, car drives and even walks to office this way i ll improve my feet weaknesses by a slight margin. as you age the new age techies come up with all kinds of new problems which my father or grandfather never had. i curse myself for the congested city life i am living.
Attached Thumbnails
The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_0151.jpg  

The RACE lies WiThIn ....my pre-worshipped ANHC. Update: Now SOLD.-img_0152.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 22nd July 2010, 18:30   #120
BHPian

Seems ANHC seating position is the culprit behind my right knee pain as well.

I had this pain few months back and then it went away, but last weekend i drove around 100+ KM and it returned. I never had this pain in my life. BTW i bought ANHC VAT in Feb'10 only.

But I am only 5'7" and still having issues.

What I have observed is that when I keep in the lower position my foot remains on floor and I can use both accel. and break comfortably, but in bumper to bumper traffic I have to raise the seat height so that i can see the road just ahead of my car clearly and that is where issue is, In this setup I struggle to use the break with my foot on floor.

Could you suggest me what should I be doing to fix it.

I am planning to go on a long trip and try different arrangements and come to conclusion, can you or someone reading this thread suggest me what all combination I should try?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks