Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2010, 19:58   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
Aahh... that explains the on-road price. I had paid 6.05 L on road without doscounts. The only discount I got was a corporate discount of 6k. BTW I too had a Maruti Alto which I sold recently. As you have got a exchange bonus, I assume that you exchanged it with KHT motors. Did you get a good price for your Alto?
Yes I got exchanged at KHT, I got 2.05L for my Alto which was August,07 Lxi Model with 42000 KMs done.

Quote:
Asdon, I don't recommend you to get stuff painted from these guys. If possible, get it done somewhere outside. I don't think Tata service guys are capable of any painting or as a matter of fact anything at all.
I will not get them painted, I told them I need original body coloured items, and I would like to change the Front grills too. I had a fight with the Sales rep and now I am talking to the SSM & Owner only. The sales rep did many drama to not to offer sun film & headlight, he got what he deserved. So I will check with the Accesories guy the the grill, mirror & door handles. But my priority is to fit the ICE, parking sensor & central locking.
Old 28th October 2010, 20:13   #62
BHPian

Have they got the accessories for the Punto at KHT Motors now? I tried to get a Tyvek body cover from them for 3 months and even paid the money in advance. Finally I settled for a normal body cover and i still have to get the refund of the remaining money. Will have to call them up again.
Old 28th October 2010, 20:35   #63
BHPian

Asdon, have you installed ICE ? If you haven't, I suggest you get it installed from Satya (Evo - Cambridge layout). He is a member here and I found him to be very professional. His prices are also competitive. I got ICE and sun film installed by him.
Old 29th October 2010, 22:26   #64
BHPian

Another discovery by me today... Punto Active MID is showing which door is open while engine is on though for front doors only..
Old 29th October 2010, 22:29   #65
Senior - BHPian

Mamma Mia, Holy Cow etc. were the comments in the Punto test drive thread when Punters discovered rear AC vents in their Puntos as late as 1 year after the launch of the car. Fiat has kept so many hidden features for you to discover so that you can cheer up with fresh enthusiasm everyday.
Old 30th October 2010, 08:21   #66
BHPian

Quote:
The quality of work was horrible and I was shocked by looking at the car after the paint job. The paint coats were uneven, I could see the black plastic underneath the paint and paint on the edges of the door handles had already come off. And they had put scratches all over the bumpers. God alone knows what they did with my car while with them.
@Pri2,

Can you let us know which service centre did this fabulous job for you? Unfortunately I am getting my Punto from Prerana and will try to avoid this place if possible. It has been mentioned here a thousand times but I can't help saying it - a decent product let down atrocious sales and service.
Old 30th October 2010, 12:37   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Mamma Mia, Holy Cow etc. were the comments in the Punto test drive thread when Punters discovered rear AC vents in their Puntos as late as 1 year after the launch of the car. Fiat has kept so many hidden features for you to discover so that you can cheer up with fresh enthusiasm everyday.
just compare the punto and fabia brochure feature list.
Fabia has a list that is 3 times more longer than punto's
and gives an impression to a prospective buyer that it is feature rich.

In reality Punto too has almost all the features of Fabia except maybe airbags in it's lowest variant.
Old 30th October 2010, 21:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:
hey i am so curious to know that do they have rear AC vent?? really?? cos i have asked the dealer many time about it and they have denied that it didnt have and only linea has! does this rear AC vent is available in all variants right from active to emotion pack and in Pterol and diesel?
Old 30th October 2010, 22:05   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnanimousdude View Post
hey i am so curious to know that do they have rear AC vent?? really?? cos i have asked the dealer many time about it and they have denied that it didnt have and only linea has! does this rear AC vent is available in all variants right from active to emotion pack and in Pterol and diesel?
Yes There are AC vents in all versions of Punto, but you may not want to call them vents as they are located under the driver and front passenger seats.And talk about dealers? Do thay know everything about TATA cars, forget about Fiat.

More on my experience -
Today I took her on road the real road for which she is built - HIGHWAY. Went to Madumalai via Mysore and came back about an hour ago. Ask anyone who drove on Mysore road today between 6:30am and 8am, they must have seen one punto - stop@nothing. The cars came in my view, lost the race . Punto is so stable on high speed (120 -140kmph), and I could feel the grip throughout the drive, and Turbo lag? what is that? Today I completed 1700kms, and still looking for Turbo lag. Those who talk about 0-100 timings come and meet me. The total drive was 554 kms and there is still no tiredness in me, the suspension of Fiat is God. Milage? 18.5 I got, and speedo did not came under 100 for most of the times.

There was a meeting moment for me, when I saw fellow Bhpian Gadadhar trying to get on the bridge towards Masinagudi, to Ooty, with Vinay Pillai, so they stopped and there was a little photo session, after that they hit the road again.
Attached Thumbnails
My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-punto1.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-punto2.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-punto3.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-punto4.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-meeting.jpg  

Last edited by asdon : 30th October 2010 at 22:25.
Old 30th October 2010, 22:41   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
just compare the punto and fabia brochure feature list.
Fabia has a list that is 3 times more longer than punto's
and gives an impression to a prospective buyer that it is feature rich.

In reality Punto too has almost all the features of Fabia except maybe airbags in it's lowest variant.
Yes, +1. I can enumerate the complete features list of Punto. It is 3 times the list of new Fabia.

And forget Fabia, look at i20 vs Punto brochure. i20 Asta has lower features as compared to Punto Emotion Pack. Even if the difference is just of 2-3 features. But even I have doubts after comparing the brochures. i20 has 10 times bigger features list in the brochure.

Even VW is smarter than Fiat with Polo brochure.
Old 31st October 2010, 22:25   #71
BHPian

I can really feel the change in engine performance after it has crossed 1000 km mark, now its about 1800, and cabin noise has reduced to a considerable amount. Turbo is taking effect arround 2100 rpm and the sound is very sweet. One more thing has improved in city driving to that is milage, today I drove 42 kms in bumper to bumper traffic and I got 18.3 kmpl, which is not bad at all. And with headlight changed to Xtreme power, driving in dark roads is no more scary.
Old 31st October 2010, 22:37   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Good god ,do you mean my punto mjd active too has rear ac vent
Old 31st October 2010, 22:42   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
Yes it has, as mine is also Active and it has rear vents. It also has seat belt warning for driver side, door opening warning for front doors(while engine is running).

Last edited by asdon : 31st October 2010 at 22:44.
Old 31st October 2010, 22:58   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
@Pri2,

Can you let us know which service centre did this fabulous job for you? Unfortunately I am getting my Punto from Prerana and will try to avoid this place if possible. It has been mentioned here a thousand times but I can't help saying it - a decent product let down atrocious sales and service.
@sbkumar, The service center was in Koodlu gate, near electronics city.
Old 31st October 2010, 23:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
It also has some exclusive features which are not present in any other cars except Punto/Linea if I'm correct.

It is "Speed sensitive wiper control"
The front wipers adjust their wipe speed according to the car's speed, when they are in intermittent mode.
The wipers take input from the car's speed sensor.

Most Viewed