Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2010, 11:34   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post

Amazing figures there Asdon.
Are the MID figures matching with your manual calculations?
Yes, they are almost same as my manual calculations
Old 16th November 2010, 11:34   #107
BHPian

I'm jealous of your fuel efficiency. The highest FE i got on my 1.2 was 17.5 without A/c and I almost shouted with joy when i saw that .
Old 30th November 2010, 13:04   #108
BANNED

Hi Asdon. Can you post some interior pics of your Punto please?! I love the all black dashboard of Active and Dynamic variants.

Does the under body scrape frequently in Bangalore City road conditions?
Old 30th November 2010, 20:29   #109
BHPian

Hi Asdon, I got the 1st service if my car done. You can view the details here.
Old 4th December 2010, 19:08   #110
BHPian

1st Service Done at 3910KM - Another impressed Fiat Customer

Today I gave the car for 1st service at 10:30am at KHT, some minor issues were reported. Delivery time was 5pm. Went there at 4:30pm and the car was ready!!! All issues were sorted out, the cleaning and polishing job was very impressive. Wheel Alignment was free and oil top-up, filter cleaning etc were alos done as part of the free service. Actually on the back side of the free coupons one can find what all are covered under free service. The attitude of service rep was excellent, and as compared to Maruti service station I found Tata was better. And atlast the bill amount was Rs 105/-. Well done Fiat.
Old 4th December 2010, 20:07   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
@Pr2 - Please let me know from which dealer you got the door handles & Mirror supplied? I don't want to get them painted. And for the Central locking yes that is missing but I will get it installed next month.
AFAIK, the mirrors and door handles come only in Black. They are not available pre-painted off the shelf. The mirror cover (which is the only part that is painted) costs around Rs. 90, while the painting would cost you around 800 bucks.

Not sure of the cost of door-handles, but it does not come pre-painted. Same with bumpers, grille, etc. None of these parts come prepainted. They are painted by the dealer according to the colour of the car - I got this fact confirmed from three dealers here in Kerala!!!

(I wanted a replacement cover for my RH ORVM - a rick had broken it off. But all dealers said it comes only in Black).

You are earning some amazing mileage, but somehow I don't think 60kmph @1500rpm and 5th gear is a great Idea. I felt the engine was lugging every time I tried this. I usually maintain 70~80kmph these days in 5th gear - the MID displays 35~40kmph

I am not a sedate driver by any chance, and usually prefer ripping - could be due to the fact that I drive is a pretty crowded road, and rip at every opportunity I get. My mileage figures are in the range of 16.5~17.0 every time (daily run of 66 kms, on a typical 1-and-a-half highway in Kerala).
Old 4th December 2010, 21:03   #112
BHPian

Today I saw one Punto Active at dealer's place which came for servicing, its grey in colour, and door handles and mirrors are painted in body colour and looked good. Point is that the cost including tax will be 3300/-.But I still think it is possible to get OEM body colour mirrors and handles if pushed a little more on dealer.

And usually I don't drive at 60, I tried that on BETL and got those figures. My daily run is 62 kms(office up&down). And I am getting about 23 to 25kmpl, at 80 to 100 kmph, the road I take is wide open and with very less traffic and in good shape.. thank god!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Hi Asdon. Can you post some interior pics of your Punto please?! I love the all black dashboard of Active and Dynamic variants.

Does the under body scrape frequently in Bangalore City road conditions?
I will post interior snaps tomorrow morning for sure.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 5th December 2010 at 00:41. Reason: Please use the EDIT function instead of posting back-to-back posts within 20 minutes. Thanks.
Old 7th December 2010, 10:18   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But I still think it is possible to get OEM body colour mirrors and handles if pushed a little more on dealer.
If I were your dealer, I would have painted the parts in the colour you wanted, and marketed that as OEM - and, that is what your dealer might resort to if you push him more.

AFAIK, no vehicle manufacturer offers any of these fibre/plastic parts in the body colour.
Old 7th December 2010, 13:47   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
If I were your dealer, I would have painted the parts in the colour you wanted, and marketed that as OEM - and, that is what your dealer might resort to if you push him more.

AFAIK, no vehicle manufacturer offers any of these fibre/plastic parts in the body colour.
There is a little difference in finish product so he might not be able to fool me, only reason I am looking for OEM parts, the painting charge all arround bangalore is 3500/-, which looks bit more to me.
Old 10th December 2010, 10:29   #115
BHPian

Re: My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived

Atlast finished some of the pending items, door handles, front grill and mirrors.

all costed 3100/- at KHT, but I am happy with the painting job, and now fight will start with Fiat to provide fog lamp wiring with warranty. Included 2 snaps of the interior as well.
Attached Thumbnails
My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-front.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-front2.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-interior.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-interior2.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-side.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-side2.jpg  

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-handle.jpg  

Old 10th December 2010, 11:23   #116
Senior - BHPian

Looks good Sirji. Nice to see the car again. With lipstick now!!!
Old 10th December 2010, 11:44   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Looks good Sirji. Nice to see the car again. With lipstick now!!!
Thanks, all work completed and they delivered in 2 days!!! And yes she was missing the lipsticks..
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:04   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Phillips Xtreme Power Headlights - free from dealer as they failed to upgrade 100/90
Could you please throw more light on this. How much it costed, were any relays added and so on. I am interested in upgrading my Palio heald lights to have better visibility during night drives.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2183093
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:15   #119
BHPian

Xtreme power/xtreme vision are 60/55W rated lamps and wont require any additional relays. Its just plug and play

If you are upgrading to 100/90 you would require a relay
Old 22nd December 2010, 18:19   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Xtreme power/xtreme vision are 60/55W rated lamps and wont require any additional relays. Its just plug and play

If you are upgrading to 100/90 you would require a relay

Any idea about how much it could cost for a pair of Xtreme power/xtreme vision are 60/55W ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks