Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2010, 21:24   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
- MID is that of Emotion variant type(bigger) and has more functions. e.g. dual trip meter, speed warning and more.
Agreed on most points but my Active MID also has duel trip meter, speed warning, KM/Mile option, Seat belt warning etc... I think its same for all varients(I may be wrong).
Old 5th October 2010, 21:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ok. I thought only dynamic has that dual trip(as per review of 1 tbhp member if I'm correct). Yes, otherwise Active variant has got all the functions as the electronics are the same.
Well, the most important thing in Punto is the ride quality and handling which is excellent. :-)
Waiting for more pics buddy and happy journey.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:47   #48
BHPian

Congrats dude on the buy. When can we see the car in action?
Old 11th October 2010, 15:15   #49
BHPian

thanks Raj, currently I am in kolkata for Durga puja, will be back on 24th Oct, so hopefully, during 1 Nov holidays some action can be planned.
Old 21st October 2010, 18:08   #50
Senior - BHPian

Good good. waiting for you to come back. We had a good meet at Kolkata, though Viraj took the slip somehow.

We will plan a bigger one next year and a drive also

Call me once you get back
Old 21st October 2010, 22:23   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Ok. I thought only dynamic has that dual trip(as per review of 1 tbhp member if I'm correct). Yes, otherwise Active variant has got all the functions as the electronics are the same.
Well, the most important thing in Punto is the ride quality and handling which is excellent. :-)
Waiting for more pics buddy and happy journey.
that team bhp member is me.LOL,happy to see a pic of my car's dash being posted by paddleshifter
Old 26th October 2010, 19:56   #52
BHPian

Yesterday was a happy day for me with my Punto. Since 1st October till Yesterday afternoon, my MID was showing 16.4 KM/L. While comming from office I put 20 Ltrs of normal diesel from BPCL E-city. I took Hosur road till Chandapura and SH35 from there till Whitefield(Total distance 34 km). I did race with one Laura on hosur road and witha Getz on SSH 35(this is a ref that I was not driving at 50-60kmph speed), and I saw at the mid and the milage meter was showing 20.7kmpl.... wow, my total odo is only 783kms in 6 driving days. But this surprise increase in FE tells me there are many more to come.
Old 26th October 2010, 20:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

@Vignesh- lol. BTW, You must be busy with two beauties now.

@Asdon- Good to know that. Initial 1000kms with MJD are scary but this is the trademark characteristic of Punto/Linea that FE increses significantly by the end of run-in period. Also, many owners reported improvement in engine refinement and performance as well.
Keep updating with your experiences with your car.
Old 27th October 2010, 09:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Asdon- Good to know that. Initial 1000kms with MJD are scary but this is the trademark characteristic of Punto/Linea that FE increses significantly by the end of run-in period. Also, many owners reported improvement in engine refinement and performance as well.
Keep updating with your experiences with your car.
I was getting 16.5-17.5 kmpl regularly but since 6000 km, my FE has gone up to 19-19.5 kmpl in the same driving conditions (70-30 HW-City).
Old 27th October 2010, 11:23   #55
BHPian

Guys, when there is a meet @ kolkata, especially a FIAT meet, do inform me please.
Old 27th October 2010, 19:11   #56
BHPian

Congratulations Asdon, Excellent choice. I too own a Punto MJD active. Between the Active and Dynamic I found the Active to be VFM. The only thing I miss is the central locking on the active.

I too paid Rs 3500 for getting the door handles and mirrors painted. I was completely disappointed with the painting work. But fortunately they gave me original painted Fiat door handles and mirrors after I created a big scene at the service center.

Planning to get alloys and will keep a watch on your thread.
Old 28th October 2010, 08:50   #57
BHPian

Hi Adson,

Many Congratulations.

Can you please add the price break up? when i checked last week, the KHT motors, Bangalore was quoting 6.06 L for Punto Active on road. (Including all freebies)

Further, the Guy at the Service centre told me that its not possible to add fog lamps to the Active variant. Is this true..? do you have any idea on this?

Other Punto Active owners may also kindly clarify this.
Old 28th October 2010, 09:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

@Vidyasagar- Refer to the Punto ownership thread of SumitBahl. He has got the fog lamps installed from the dealership's service center. Many people have got this done in fact. Only con is that there is a separate switch which you have to remember to switch off as the fog lamps don't turn off when the key is removed.
Old 28th October 2010, 13:06   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyasagar View Post
Hi Adson,

Many Congratulations.

Can you please add the price break up? when i checked last week, the KHT motors, Bangalore was quoting 6.06 L for Punto Active on road. (Including all freebies)

Further, the Guy at the Service centre told me that its not possible to add fog lamps to the Active variant. Is this true..? do you have any idea on this?

Other Punto Active owners may also kindly clarify this.
I have ordered foglamps from Fiat through KHT, they will fit it, talk to Bopanna and Vijay Singh(the owner), you can take my name(Avijit), fog lamps can be installed and within warranty.

My Punto costed me 5.86L on road which includes 10000/- exchange bonus and 9000/- corp discount + free insurance for 1st year+ 50 months extended warranty+ 4 years free Road side assistance. And I got 3M Sunfild at 50% cost + Phillips Xtreme power 60/55W bulbs free, which got installed yesterday and I find it more brighter than 100/90W normal halogen(I had 100/90W halogen in my Alto).

@Pr2 - Please let me know from which dealer you got the door handles & Mirror supplied? I don't want to get them painted. And for the Central locking yes that is missing but I will get it installed next month.

Last edited by asdon : 28th October 2010 at 13:09.
Old 28th October 2010, 19:26   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
My Punto costed me 5.86L on road which includes 10000/- exchange bonus and 9000/- corp discount + free insurance for 1st year+ 50 months extended warranty+ 4 years free Road side assistance. And I got 3M Sunfild at 50% cost + Phillips Xtreme power 60/55W bulbs free, which got installed yesterday and I find it more brighter than 100/90W normal halogen(I had 100/90W halogen in my Alto).
Aahh... that explains the on-road price. I had paid 6.05 L on road without doscounts. The only discount I got was a corporate discount of 6k. BTW I too had a Maruti Alto which I sold recently. As you have got a exchange bonus, I assume that you exchanged it with KHT motors. Did you get a good price for your Alto?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
@Pr2 - Please let me know from which dealer you got the door handles & Mirror supplied? I don't want to get them painted. And for the Central locking yes that is missing but I will get it installed next month.
I bought my car from Prerana motors and got the door handles and mirrors painted from them. The quality of work was horrible and I was shocked by looking at the car after the paint job. The paint coats were uneven, I could see the black plastic underneath the paint and paint on the edges of the door handles had already come off. And they had put scratches all over the bumpers. God alone knows what they did with my car while with them.

I still regret giving my car those monkeys. After a big fight with the service manager, and asking for a refund, He offered me original factory painted door handles and mirrors for no extra charge. Finally after 20 days of reminding with million phone calls, they delivered the stuff to my place.They didn't even bother to install it.

Asdon, I don't recommend you to get stuff painted from these guys. If possible, get it done somewhere outside. I don't think Tata service guys are capable of any painting or as a matter of fact anything at all.

I wish I never got my cars door handles and mirrors painted at all. My car is now due for service and I am worried about getting my car serviced by Tata.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks