Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:14   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Yes it has, as mine is also Active and it has rear vents.
Hi Asdon

My friend booked a Punto 1.4 Emotion and I saw that car in stockyard, but it doesn't have rear vents . I find it very strange.

DJ
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:59   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post
Hi Asdon

My friend booked a Punto 1.4 Emotion and I saw that car in stockyard, but it doesn't have rear vents . I find it very strange.

DJ
All Puntos have it but you have to look hard to find it .
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:16   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_turbo View Post
My friend booked a Punto 1.4 Emotion and I saw that car in stockyard, but it doesn't have rear vents.I find it very strange.

DJ
Fiat Punto does not come with proper rear AC vent like the the Linea. But, it does have underseat vents.And, there is no need to worry about the same.

To see the A/C vents you've to look under the seats. Carry a torchlight along with you to spot it easily.

Here is a picture for reference.

My Punto 1.3 Active has arrived-img_2848.jpg

Picture Courtesy : better4worse

Amith

Last edited by Klub Class : 2nd November 2010 at 12:17.
Old 2nd November 2010, 12:40   #79
Senior - BHPian

If you have a stiff back thanks to lack of exercises then the better option is to sit in the rear seat. Ask someone to switch the AC to heater mode. Put the air direction dial to feet or Face and feet setting. You will feel a steady stream of hot air flowing past your feet. Thats the rear vents working.

Somehow I feel that they work in the Heater mode only. When you but AC to chiller mode none of the backseat passengers reported and cooling to their feet. Have to investigate it myself.

Last edited by download2live : 2nd November 2010 at 12:43.
Old 2nd November 2010, 15:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
If you have a stiff back thanks to lack of exercises then the better option is to sit in the rear seat. Ask someone to switch the AC to heater mode. Put the air direction dial to feet or Face and feet setting. You will feel a steady stream of hot air flowing past your feet. Thats the rear vents working.

Somehow I feel that they work in the Heater mode only. When you but AC to chiller mode none of the backseat passengers reported and cooling to their feet. Have to investigate it myself.
They work in both AC and heater mode, I have checked it, if your is not doing then time to go to service centre
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:27   #81
BHPian

Guys one advice for the rear AC vents, do put some net for protection, as its easy to enter small particals through the AC vents at rear and block the air.
Old 2nd November 2010, 17:37   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
@sbkumar, The service center was in Koodlu gate, near electronics city.
Thanks Pri2, that's a relief. I have to go to the one on OMR. Hope and Pray they do a better job.
Old 2nd November 2010, 21:19   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Fiat Punto does not come with proper rear AC vent like the the Linea. But, it does have underseat vents.And, there is no need to worry about the same.

To see the A/C vents you've to look under the seats. Carry a torchlight along with you to spot it easily.
Amith
Hi Amith
So nothing can be hidden from the Bonds @ Tbhp I will look for it when he takes delivery of his car.
Btw, is it possible to fit Linea's vents at the back?

DJ
Old 2nd November 2010, 21:56   #84
Senior - BHPian

It is possible to fit Linea's rear AC vents but it would need a lot of mods. Do you have the heart of opening up a new cars interiors?
Old 3rd November 2010, 07:45   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
It is possible to fit Linea's rear AC vents but it would need a lot of mods. Do you have the heart of opening up a new cars interiors?
Ofcourse not ! Just wanted to check the possibility for my friend, in case after few years he decides to get driven.

DJ
Old 4th November 2010, 13:08   #86
BHPian

Hey Asdon,
I have booked my MJD Emotion. But i badly wanted R15 wheels and i didnt want the Electronically adjustable ORVM's.

Is there any thing the dealer could do something about the R14 to R15 replacement.

And i also wanted either Good year or Bridgestone tyres. The dealer is unsure of what will come. He says it is factory fitted. Can it be changed in the garage if JK tyre comes factory fitted?
Old 4th November 2010, 17:32   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Hey Asdon,
I have booked my MJD Emotion. But i badly wanted R15 wheels and i didnt want the Electronically adjustable ORVM's.

Is there any thing the dealer could do something about the R14 to R15 replacement.

And i also wanted either Good year or Bridgestone tyres. The dealer is unsure of what will come. He says it is factory fitted. Can it be changed in the garage if JK tyre comes factory fitted?
I guess you can always buy 15" alloy from the market of better quality and design ,not sure about the same from dealers place and same is the case with tyres also .
Old 4th November 2010, 18:52   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbertramps View Post
Hey Asdon,

If you want 15" Alloys you need to buy it from dealer and exchange your 14" tyres with 15" from any tyre dealer. You can get better alloys from market but the problem is Fiat wheels have 98 PCD, and most alloys in the market will be of 100 PCD, they can fit them by foiling, but it may void the warranty and the road grip will not be the same with higher PCD alloys. Problem is Fiat alloys are 13000/- one piece.

And for ORVMs you you don't want them I can happily give you my manually adjusted ones, and get your.

The dealer is correct about tyre brands, offlet the tyres are comming factory fitted and 15" are not comming in spares so if you need them you need to order them.
Old 6th November 2010, 17:51   #89
BHPian

My FE figures are improving with every drive these days. Today I went to Banaswadi then CV Raman Nagar, then Hoskote and come back to Whitefield, total 83km, with 40% bumper to bumper traffic, 30% highway construction diverted traffic, and 30% highway, I got FE 22.3 KMPL with no AC on, odo 1730km. What is expected after 1st servicing is done or odo crosses 5K mark? I think Fiat can start the Tag "We make India's most fuel efficient Diesel Hatch".
Old 10th November 2010, 12:19   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
They work in both AC and heater mode, I have checked it, if your is not doing then time to go to service centre
Hey Asdon,

I asked the SA at concorde today and he is saying that they work only in heater mode. I put more faith on forum rather than the dealerships. Anywhere it is written in the manual so that I can paste it on his face?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks