Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2011, 13:09   #166
BHPian

Re: Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Lobster this mirror cost is great news and gives further pride in the ownership. It sweet even compared to the Safari mirror cost, when we see all that one gets with it.

Let me add that the Laura mirror cost Rs. 16,000 (per unit) (and does not fold though it has heating element, blinker and auto dim feature)
Had heard the European cars (Opel/VW/Skoda) to be high on spare part costs, but Toyota also costing similarly was a surprise to me.

Hearing this figure an Octavia owner(ajithbc)'s first question was - "Then how does your car(Aria) cost add up to 14.5L ex-showroom?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Aha, so it was your

Do add a post on the Mohandas thread. Will be helpful for others.
Will surely do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
The heated OVRM are very useful when its raining. Heating for OVRM will be linked to the rear glass defogger (its so in Safari).
Yes, when the car was delivered, I had tried checking it this way in a light drizzle - but the visibility of the ORVM wasn't an issue in the first place. I had missed heated ORVMs big time in Kerala previously on my City and i10 during rainy season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_head View Post
Excellent pics! The second last one is screen saver material!
Thanks... (again to) civic-sense who clicked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horizon View Post
Thats strange. Recently on a trip to Rajkot from Mumbai, I was driving my Aria at 100 Kmph on a single lane highway at night. A Maruti Van, overtaking, from the opposite side, brushed my ORVM. Not sure what part of the Van connected to it, but no damages/cracks whatsoever.
Well, I was also surprised. The person was spotted on the side and ran onto the ORVM in a flash. I suppose it is designed for handling brushes like the one you had and not a sideways impact like mine.
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2011, 00:44   #167
BHPian

@LobsterB

I am considering TATA Aria - Prestige.

Yourself being oldest owner at TeamBHP, what do you suggest..

Should I go for Aria or look some were else???

How's your experience with Service Ctr ??

Any Major components failure/problems ??
Old 25th January 2011, 09:57   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devenashani View Post
@LobsterB

Let me take the liberty to explain few things to you.. If you want a feature loaded vehicle with butter smooth ride and that can carry 5 adults+2 children then you go for Aria. I somehow feel that no matter how good the vehicle is it is Huge.. Would be quite difficult for daily use in the city. We rarely drive the Aria within city limits but it is an excellent highway cruiser. The car no doubt is comfortable and got a lot of features to keep you interested. The middle row seats are really very good and comfortable and I am yet to sit in a car that offers similar comfort.

Now the service part. My Dad is being really careless towards the vehicle but our car is shaking a lot while it is on and stationary after a long continuous drive and we are yet to take it to the service center. But I had sent a mail to tataaria customer care when it was first discovered. We got a call from the CC and my dad told them about the shaking and that he got to leave for Nagpur and will stop on his way in Aurangabad.

My dad got a call from the Aurangabad dealership even before he could reach there . But due to some reason he couldnt halt for so long.. He carried on without bothering to inform the Aurangabad dealership. The next day he got a call from the Nagpur dealership that the Aria CC has informed them that your car needs attention and you would have arrived the previous night in Nagpur as you did not stop in Aurangabad. On hearing that I was a bit impressed. But the actual experience remains to be seen.

Aria has meanwhile crossed 5300 kms and is about to be sent for 2nd service but we are unable to get an appointment till 2nd Feb as the Tata Service center in Pune is overbooked. This is one big problem for us. And I dont know how the condition is in Mumbai.

From my experience I would say that Tata Motors means business when it comes to Aria. But the car's long term reliability remains to be seen. I am not worried except that one tyre costs 15k.. Should get them changed to yoko on the first day as I guess they would last longer than goodyear..

Last edited by psbali : 25th January 2011 at 10:03. Reason: typo
Old 25th January 2011, 10:57   #169
BHPian

Quote:
@LobsterB

If you find Aria well suited for your requirements then I would encourage you to buy it (after a test drive). I am quite happy with the vehicle and won't think twice in recommending it. Feel free to ask any specific questions that you have.

My experience with service centers here (Concorde Motors and Mohandas Motors) has been quite positive regarding their attitude towards customer/vehicle. Can't yet judge on their technical competence as the vehicle is new to them as well.

So far had two issues - one with a temperature sensor malfunctioning and a brake fluid leak on rear right wheel. The first one was supposed to be a loose contact issue and second one was claimed to be a component failure/defective component.

@psbali: I also remember having excessive vibration while idling on long drives (say idling after a 100-200km drive), but don't remember that happening after my second service.

Btw, I feel that the vehicle is surprisingly easy to drive inside city as well. The bulk of the vehicle was an issue only when I had to make a U turn in narrow crowded streets.
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2011, 11:59   #170
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@LobsterB

You might aswell get feedback from all the owners while at it.

I too like lobster and unlike Psbali find the Aria quite easy to use in the city as well.

Mine has completed almost 7000 kms and has been though the second service. (first Oil change is at 15k kms.) Compulsary service cost till now are less than Rs.300.

The car has performed perfectly in all mechanical and electrical aspects. Touch wood.

The Aria has dedicated service staff for it and they are actually well trained. I have till now be contacted 7 times for feedback by TATA and a rating below the full 10 refects badly on the service advisor.

A person from TATA marketing team is meeting me this thursday for further feedback on marketing aspects as well.

The intent is clear at the TATA end and the effort too matches up till now. Appointments are easy in Mumbai, but have not heard the best things about the Pune Dealer so do take care.

Overall, I feel nothing can match up to the value and quality proposition that the Aria offers today in this segment. Go for it. Hope to see you soon posting your ownership thread and joining us.

The only downside is that many who do not see the value the way we do will compare this with the Innova and feel it is over priced. It's actually just in a different league.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2011, 07:55   #171
BHPian

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with.......excessive.........dots......like....... ..this.......Thanks

Thank you guys for your valuable feedback, it really helped me in taking decision

I have booked ARIA prestige. Pearl white, fabric interior

Car should be delivered by this week. Will post initial report on delivery.

Thanks again

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2011 at 18:26. Reason: Mod Note : Please avoid typing with.......excessive.........dots......like.........this.......Thanks
Old 7th February 2011, 23:25   #172
BANNED

@LobsterB

Are you still facing technical snags in the product? Have all the issues you mentioned been resolved?

Any input from your side will be appreciated.

Last edited by DMehta : 7th February 2011 at 23:28.
Old 8th February 2011, 10:30   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMehta View Post
@LobsterB

Are you still facing technical snags in the product? Have all the issues you mentioned been resolved?

Any input from your side will be appreciated.
No, my last issue (brake fluid leak) was 4000+ kms ago.
Both the temperature sensor and break fluid leak was resolved reasonably fast. First one within a week or so and second one in a day or so.

Nothing much to add to things already discussed above. Still very happy with the vehicle. Perhaps sometime this week will post a 10K kms ownership summary.
Old 23rd February 2011, 14:49   #174
BHPian

Does aria prestige come with remote for stereo ??
Old 23rd February 2011, 19:20   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Does aria prestige come with remote for stereo ??
No, only steering 'remote' control.
Old 19th March 2011, 15:25   #176
BHPian

@LobsterB

Hey I was curious so as to know as to where the chassis/engine number and VIN are located on the Aria.

Could you please upload some detailed pictures of the same; it would be really helpful.

i asked the same to ACM but it seems he is busy, could you help me out, i wanted the pictures urgently.

Thanks
Old 20th March 2011, 13:18   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
@LobsterB

Hey I was curious so as to know as to where the chassis/engine number and VIN are located on the Aria.

Could you please upload some detailed pictures of the same; it would be really helpful.

i asked the same to ACM but it seems he is busy, could you help me out, i wanted the pictures urgently.

Thanks
Please find both the locations highlighted in the below image
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-tataaria02.jpg
The top left corner one (above the ABS unit) is the chassis number one and the one in the middle on the lower part of engine is the engine number.
LobsterB is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2011, 13:51   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Please find both the locations highlighted in the below image

The top left corner one (above the ABS unit) is the chassis number one and the one in the middle on the lower part of engine is the engine number.
Thanks a ton for the help buddy!

BTW, where is the VIN?
Old 20th March 2011, 15:55   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furebo View Post
Thanks a ton for the help buddy!

BTW, where is the VIN?
By chassis number I meant VIN i.e. the number which starts with "MA".
Old 3rd June 2013, 11:14   #180
BHPian

55000 Km update

Saw update from ACM, I am pretty worried!

Mine has done 55,000 kms, so far didn't have too many major issues. Had my first paid service (60K service done early @ 52K) few weeks back. Had a bit of left side pull and to solve the same the steering assembly was replaced under warranty. Otherwise everything was routine.

Haven't yet replaced my tyres, even though it look ok, plan to do that atleast by next service time. Didn't yet have any issues with gearbox or DMF. Had sold my previous two vehicles around the 3 year mark with roughly the same figure on odometer. But this one currently feels too good to do that and had bought it with a plan to keep it for much more time.
LobsterB is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks