Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 10:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, this vehicle certainly has road presence & looks very proportionate from all angles

Have fun with your new toy
Old 4th November 2010, 10:11   #32
BHPian

Thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Wow - Nice set of pics and looks like you almost took ARIA to do some sort of Safari-ish driving It looks splendid in both the tarmac roads and with a back-drop of hill & mud.

Good one.
Thanks, the stretches were not at all any off-road kind of ones and wasn't looking for an off-roader. Having said that, I have managed to get my NHC stuck even inside Bangalore City limits. So AWD at a premium was ok and preferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Do Concorde guys fix these labels? I thought they come right from the plant isn't it? This is something like the D4D stickers that comes from Toyota factory & a dealer has nothing to do with it isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong.

How was the experience on third row on the bad stretches? Any comparison on Aria with Grande MKII is appreciated.
The first lot of vehicles had landed in Bangalore couple of days after the launch. These didn't have the labels/badges fixed at factory. It apparently came separately and was fixed at the showroom. Not sure if all three 4x4 labels are really meant for the same vehicle!

On bad roads the third row wasn't occupied by adults. But in the luggage area there was no spillage of liquid food items from the containers to the carton in which they were placed.

Haven't driven or sat inside Grande. But from outside I like the mean look of Grande over a lot of other cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nice neat pix. Aria looks mean.
Its the same in Safari wrt to the locks.And the lights goes off in slow motion right ?
Thanks again. Yes it has theater style roof lights which dims faster if locked and much slower if the vehicle is unlocked.

Last edited by LobsterB : 4th November 2010 at 10:22.
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2010, 10:11   #33
BHPian

congrats lobster, excellent ride and very nice pictures. More interior pictures will be awaited eagerly...
Old 4th November 2010, 10:16   #34
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Congrats lobster. Nice photographs. Would like to here more of driving experience. Any initial niggles ? Nice color too.

Drive safe.
Old 4th November 2010, 10:21   #35
BHPian

Congratulations Lobster. Excellent picutres. The colour looks good.

Looking forward to the interior pics and more of ownership details.
Old 4th November 2010, 10:40   #36
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your new ride.

Excellent write up and detailed review.

Few questions;
a. No mud flaps yet?
b. How powerful are the headlights?
c. Are the projectors HID compatible?
Old 4th November 2010, 12:46   #37
BHPian

Congratulations LobsterB. Aria looks amazing. I wish you many miles of happy and trouble free driving.

Had been to the Tata showroom in Pune, but they were not offering any test drives (strange isn't it that they expect people to pay 15 L without a test drive). It is definitely my next vehicle. Bit out of budget as of now
Old 4th November 2010, 13:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
Currently my odo reads 1212.
Congratulations again!!! Been waiting, and this is exactly as wished. Detailed, and progressive report over the life of the vehicle.

Quote:
Two of the issues on my Pride Test Drive vehicle are absent on the Prestige that was delivered to me.
The gear slots reasonably well without any vagueness and the steering didn't have the disconnected feel on bumps and bad roads.
Some other points noted were:-
  • Doors auto-unlock as soon as you turn off the ignition (different from review/TD vehicles?)
  • Luggage compartment light does automatically go-off when the hatch door is closed (different from review/TD vehicles?)
Either Tata was listening/reading or these were just missed out in the TD/Pre-prod vehicles.

Quote:
My right side read door needs extra force to close properly. In this picture it is not closed properly with normal effort
Do Not depend entirely on the Tata dealership personnel to fix this. AFAI have seen, they just begin slamming the door as if that'll automatically resolve the problem. If you check, the latch point (don't know its technical name) is adjustable with an Allen Key, so in this case I think it needs to be moved outward (towards the outside of the car, away from the inside?) a very lil bit before tightening and testing.

Quote:
The only interior picture that I have as of now. Not sure about the format of the Navteq maps used in Pride variant. Ovi maps in general doesn't have lots of detail. For our trip we used NavComputer with Offline Google Maps created using Mobile Atlas Creator
Navteq are the same maps as used in Ovi, I think (I downloaded them for the N95, and they're Navteq branded. Not much detail at all. Still use the online Google Maps.

Quote:
I have started to like it from most angles

Quote:
Would have loved to take it closer to Kaveri river banks. But will wait for run-in period / first service before that. Hope that the first service at 1500-1800 Km also doesn't require someone to come from Pune
That might not be a bad thing. Take a day off and ask as many questions as you can possibly come up with. You never know, might be helpful in the future.

Quote:
Not sure in what order and combination the adapterra and 4x4 badges are to be placed. The Concorde guys have placed mine a bit carelessly
I don't think the 4x4 badges are supposed to be on the sides (at least not from the TD vehicles and pics online).

Quote:
Will post more comments and photos of interior later in the week.
Yes please!
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2010, 13:27   #39
Senior - BHPian

In certain angles the car really looks impressive. Upload interior pics whenever you get time
Old 4th November 2010, 13:31   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congrats . Should appreciate the courage going in for a 1.0 version of the SUV ,while most of them would have got a fortuner. The SUV ,does look meaty .
Old 4th November 2010, 13:55   #41
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new Aria. The photos have come out well and she sure has awesome street presence. Black looks superb on the Aria.

Looking forward to regular updates on the usual supects like FE reliability etc from your end as you munch up the kms.

Drive safe
Old 4th November 2010, 14:54   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations.. please post more pictures of interior. Picture is first post is amazing.
Old 4th November 2010, 15:37   #43
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Lobster, Have also booked the same colour in Pride variant. Awaiting delivery in next 15 days.

Snaps taken by your are great.

Happy touring.
Old 4th November 2010, 16:19   #44
BHPian

Congrats Lobster on your new buy ARIA.

TATA even after charging hefty premioum price for ARIA leaves the customer to taste bitter QC issues like door not closing properly, wheel arch panel gap etc.
Old 4th November 2010, 17:47   #45
BHPian

Congrats, Lobster on being the first BHPian with the Aria. Wish you many happy motoring miles ahead. Just curious, what you have actually purchased is near to what the Captiva is priced today with all the discounts available. Did you consider this aspect while purchasing the Aria. Well, actually I'm also on the lookout to buy one SUV but feel TATA overpriced the Aria by a couple of lac's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks