Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:30   #121
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterB View Post
  • power delivery to be bit more smoother with 4x2 mode
+1. I had a short test drive. I felt that the car is more responsive when the accelarator is floored in 4x2 mode, though the difference is not that noticeable.
Did anyone feel this during test drive?
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:48   #122
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy albeit a little late! Nice color too.
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:27   #123
BHPian

Quote:
As soon as the auto was moved to the side my engine stalled and I realized that the AWD vehicle is not able to move forward! After a few attempts at first gear switched to reverse and was able to move an inch or so back. Switched to first gear again, gathered all my courage and floored the accelerator - thankfully the vehicle started rolling forward.
I agree, more power would be very much welcome in ARIA. Probably that is one of the areas where TML looked for some savings. However, do you think that if it were only the driver on the vehicle, ARIA would not have stalled? I know that it may not be practical for passengers to get down so that the car can cross such stretches, but am wondering if the power would be enough with less passengers.

Quote:
In 4x4 mode while running over triple bumps (that are a bit bigger than normal) felt that the wheels were sliding. In 4x2 mode this issue is not there and instead the front wheels get pushed through when they over the triple bump
This may also be due to the traction control. I remember that whenever I take my car to inspection, they need to disable the traction control. Do you see any indicator lights while the AWD is really working - i.e. delivering additional power to either side or while traction control is on? I see indicator lights on my BMW while this happens. Did you notice anything while either going over the triple bumps or the slushy road?
Old 23rd November 2010, 00:32   #124
BHPian

Hi

congrats on your purchase loved the car but still confused if i would buy it especially with the TATA badge plus with endeavour, Yeti and Captiva in nearby price range it really makes matters very confusing.
If everyone can suggest me if its worthwhile investing with tata aria
Old 23rd November 2010, 20:52   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
lobster:

I read somewhere that ARIA runs on AWD. Though, in review I came to know that ARIA is 4x2 (also 4x4). Could you tell me what is the difference between a 4wd and a AWD.
AWD typically means a full-time 4x4 mechanism. But then most of them might have a selection switch to choose 4x2 mode. Did you have a chance to see what Wikipedia has to say?

Quote:
Also, could we ask for a PDI report before taking delivery from the showroom?
I also had thought about asking, but didn't. I suppose they generally don't give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Congrats buddy albeit a little late! Nice color too.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
I agree, more power would be very much welcome in ARIA. Probably that is one of the areas where TML looked for some savings. However, do you think that if it were only the driver on the vehicle, ARIA would not have stalled? I know that it may not be practical for passengers to get down so that the car can cross such stretches, but am wondering if the power would be enough with less passengers.
So far didn't feel any noticeable difference in power based on the number of people. With NHC and i10 it was surely noticeable.

Quote:
This may also be due to the traction control. I remember that whenever I take my car to inspection, they need to disable the traction control. Do you see any indicator lights while the AWD is really working - i.e. delivering additional power to either side or while traction control is on? I see indicator lights on my BMW while this happens. Did you notice anything while either going over the triple bumps or the slushy road?
There isn't any indication on instrument cluster for AWD. Prestige doesn't have TC. Where you referring to Aria's Torque-on-Demand mechanism that powers AWD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW9763 View Post
Hi

congrats on your purchase loved the car but still confused if i would buy it especially with the TATA badge plus with endeavour, Yeti and Captiva in nearby price range it really makes matters very confusing.
If everyone can suggest me if its worthwhile investing with tata aria
I would recommend you to try a TD on your regular/favorite route with your typical passenger load on all four of them.
Btw, if I had to make this choice now and budget was not a constraint, would have chosen Tata Aria Pride 4x4 without doubt for its ride quality. Captiva would have been my next choice.
LobsterB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:25   #126
Senior - BHPian

@lobster:

Thanks. Sorry, I did't had a look '4wd wiki' before. Could you post pictures of 'rear-dickey' (from inside) and if possible the engine-bay? Am just curious so just a little wish.
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OTR in Bangalore is close to 18L (17.9x). Standard warranty is 3yrs or 1L kms. I have opted for the additional 1yr or 0.5L kms package for Rs.7000 as well. So now has a total of 4yrs/1.5L Kms warranty.
Was reading in psbali's thread here that his Pride is coming to 16.8L on road (approx).

Bangalore taxes have resulted in your paying a Lot more!! Daylight robbery.

Have you created any threads in the Travel section? I didn't find anything, asking cos of the trips
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:54   #128
BHPian

Quote:
So far didn't feel any noticeable difference in power based on the number of people. With NHC and i10 it was surely noticeable.
That's great. I was especially referring to any perception you may have had while ARIA engine stalled and didn't move forward. I was wondering if it would have moved were there less people in the car. In which case AWD with more power could have done it for you.

Quote:
There isn't any indication on instrument cluster for AWD. Prestige doesn't have TC. Where you referring to Aria's Torque-on-Demand mechanism that powers AWD?
My understanding is that though AWD powers all the 4 wheels, while one wheel slips, more power is directed towards it and during those times there would be some indicator in the dash to notify the driver. I have especially seen this while driving in snow and uneven surfaces. I am not sure if ARIA has any such indicators. If there is an indicator, I am sure you would be able to find it in the owner's manual.
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:20   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Was reading in psbali's thread here that his Pride is coming to 16.8L on road (approx).

Well the thing is it would have been 15.13+ 50k(Octroi)+52k(insurance)+125k(Registration).. Just to save on octroi we saved an additional 38k.. As the insurance with hdfc ergo is for 34k and the registration in akola came to 105k.. All this saving brought down the cost of our vehicle to 16.58 Lacs (including 5.5k handling charges).. We could fit in extended warranty for 7k and a special number for 7.5k...
And I used to think that delhi is the cheapest place to buy cars..
Old 24th November 2010, 00:37   #130
BHPian

@lobsterB

Hey Lobster I have a quick question. When you open the boot, on either side of the opening, do you see a sort of blistering of the paint? I seem to have that effect around the area where the rubber sealant is. I am assuming this is a manufacturing defect.
Old 24th November 2010, 11:22   #131
BHPian

Quote:
@lobster:

Thanks. Sorry, I did't had a look '4wd wiki' before. Could you post pictures of 'rear-dickey' (from inside) and if possible the engine-bay? Am just curious so just a little wish.
Please find the only 'rear-dickey' photo as attachment below. Will take fresh ones and post later.

Quote:

Yes, Bangalore/Karnataka taxes, I suppose, are one of the highest in the country. Incidentally I also suppose Karnataka roads are among the worst in the country.

Quote:
Have you created any threads in the Travel section? I didn't find anything, asking cos of the trips
None so far, will attempt a travelogue for the next one planned for first weekend of December.

Quote:
That's great. I was especially referring to any perception you may have had while ARIA engine stalled and didn't move forward. I was wondering if it would have moved were there less people in the car. In which case AWD with more power could have done it for you.
Ok, I understand your question better now.
Hmmm, don't think it would have made much difference.

Quote:
My understanding is that though AWD powers all the 4 wheels, while one wheel slips, more power is directed towards it and during those times there would be some indicator in the dash to notify the driver. I have especially seen this while driving in snow and uneven surfaces. I am not sure if ARIA has any such indicators. If there is an indicator, I am sure you would be able to find it in the owner's manual.
Isn't TC more important for snow. TC indicator is there in the instrument console, even though Prestige doesn't have TC. Have never observed it coming on as well. Didn't find any indicator light for AWD/ToD though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
Well the thing is it would have been 15.13+ 50k(Octroi)+52k(insurance)+125k(Registration).. Just to save on octroi we saved an additional 38k.. As the insurance with hdfc ergo is for 34k and the registration in akola came to 105k.. All this saving brought down the cost of our vehicle to 16.58 Lacs (including 5.5k handling charges).. We could fit in extended warranty for 7k and a special number for 7.5k...
And I used to think that delhi is the cheapest place to buy cars..
Congrats man, white and silver gives a distinct feel to Aria. Please add more ownership info to the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycardude198 View Post
@lobsterB

Hey Lobster I have a quick question. When you open the boot, on either side of the opening, do you see a sort of blistering of the paint? I seem to have that effect around the area where the rubber sealant is. I am assuming this is a manufacturing defect.
I didn't observe anything abnormal in mine. Is the attached picture good enough?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0486.jpg  

LobsterB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2010, 11:44   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

The rear space is pretty much high. They could have pushed the third row seats by 6 inches and still had very good amount of space at the rear.

OT: Yet to spot an ARIA in Bangalore apart from the showroom display and test drive vehicles.
Old 24th November 2010, 12:30   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The rear space is pretty much high. They could have pushed the third row seats by 6 inches and still had very good amount of space at the rear.
May be because they do not want to see 'TAXI' tag attached to ARIA
Old 24th November 2010, 14:14   #134
Senior - BHPian

@lobster:

The luggage space (in dickey) is beyond my imagination. That's just perfect and for me more than enough for a 3 front facing rows seat car. Thanks from my heart for the pictures.
Old 24th November 2010, 14:50   #135
BHPian

@lobsterB

I think I see some of that effect on the right side. I've circled the areas where the blistering takes place in my car. Maybe you can correlate with your car. Are there any other Aria's with that defect?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Aria Prestige 4x4 Ownership Report-dsc_0486.jpg  

crazycardude198 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks