Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 20:57   #151
BHPian

Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind511 View Post
Thanks a lot charthom and ventolute.

I have placed the order for black 3D Kagu mats. It will take one week whereas beige is readily available. The beige ones in charthom's ANHC gels well with the beige interiors and looks awesome. But got a little skeptical about how the colour would go with 'cinnamon brown + black' interiors of my car and hence ordered black. I called up Bangalore and Hyd dealers for 3D mats. And yeah, it seems Hot Tracks is charging Rs.500-1000 more. Hyd and Kochi dealers quoted 7.5K to 8K where as Hot tracks' price is fixed at 8.5k. Will upload the pics once I get it.
@ Aravind,

Most welcome,buddy.There is a separate thread for 3D Kagu mats under " Modifications and accessories". Let us continue the discussion over there- let us not hijack
naveen.raju's thread.It is becoming rather OT here.Hope you agree!!

Naveen,

Thanks for letting us in. Cheers!!

Last edited by charthom : 19th August 2011 at 20:59.
Old 19th August 2011, 22:21   #152
BHPian

Mods,please do the favour of deleting this post. I posted twice by oversight,it seems. The inconvenience is regretted.

Last edited by charthom : 19th August 2011 at 22:25.
Old 20th August 2011, 09:25   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

No issues Charthom.

Anyways, Anyone faced problems with the key remote? Am not completely satisfied with it. I need to really press hard to open the boot. Also, only if I point it towards the car it will open. As a matter of pressing it hard, there are nail marks (small dent) on the buttons. I find my Swift OEM remote to work well when compared to this.

Anyone faced such problems?

Another problem faced is sometimes I feel the turbo isnt working at all. I find it difficult to overtake other cars while cruising. The power is nil. This happens after driving the car for sometime. While taking it for the first time, I'm able to zoom around.

If the turbo isnt working it should be same at all times right? The turbo never kicks in even at 1500-2500 rpm.

Help please!
Old 20th August 2011, 09:59   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

naveen, you've mentioned the hard key problem before, so I am always wary of it. But so far, nothing (touch wood). Why don't you use both keys concurrently? Next time you are at service station, ask them if anything can be done about the hard key.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 15:53   #155
Senior - BHPian

This is weird. Since you are used to driving turbo diesels, Im pretty confident you know what you are talking about. The unit in vento is a FGT right? Please try to provide some more details around when you see this kind of behaviour. Case of dirty air-filter may be? Try cleaning it once to see if you are able to notice a difference.

Swift had this notorious issue of oil entering the intercooler and damaging the turbo's if the engine oil is overfilled. If you see this issue repeating itself often, please have the turbo boost pressure and EGR checked (VAG-COM).

Please keep us posted on the developments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post

Another problem faced is sometimes I feel the turbo isnt working at all. I find it difficult to overtake other cars while cruising. The power is nil. This happens after driving the car for sometime. While taking it for the first time, I'm able to zoom around.
Old 20th August 2011, 17:10   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

@bala - I havent actually faced any turbo issues with Swift. There's a surge of turbo when it crosses 2000-2500 rpm. In Vento this is evident when it crosses 1500-2000 rpm. Of late, I'm unable to experience this in the Vento. Usually, I get this sudden pickup when it crosses this rpm band. At times, there is no turbo feel within this band. If it's a turbo fail, it should happen always. Am confused on why it happens on and off.

Since Vento got 250Nm torque, there is this huge acceleration when compared to Swift which is 190Nm torque. I experienced this while going for long drives. After driving for around 40-50 kms, turbo fails to kick in and the next day it seems fine.

I drove Fiesta for 3 years, Swift for 2 years without any problem. Since I got used to diesels, I experience this turbo fail pretty easily.

Thought I would get some feedback from other Vento owners here. Anyways, my Vento has clocked 13000k + and will be in for service in a month or so.
Old 20th August 2011, 18:51   #157
BHPian

Hi Naveen!

Since you have diesels of both Swift & Vento, how do you compare these two cars on the following parameters:

1. In cabin noise while on idle & while on highways.
2. Pulling power of both before the turbo kicks in & after.
3. Ease in driving in city & lightness of controls.
4. Top end performance.
5. AC cooling.

Do update us on turbo problem of your Vento.

Thanks
Old 20th August 2011, 19:49   #158
Senior - BHPian

From your description, i think its just a case of dirty air filter, especially since you have done 13000 kms on the stock one. Next time you notice this behaviour, please check if the car is belching out white smoke. If it is just the lack of turbo feel and the acceleration is quite OK, you can safely conclude it is due to the clogged air filter.

Also, since ambient temperature in morning is quite less, the turbo kick will be more pronounced since the intercooler gets much cooler atmospheric air, this may explain why you are feeling the turbo spooling sometimes.

Please keep us posted.

Quote:
@bala - I havent actually faced any turbo issues with Swift. There's a surge of turbo when it crosses 2000-2500 rpm. In Vento this is evident when it crosses 1500-2000 rpm. Of late, I'm unable to experience this in the Vento. Usually, I get this sudden pickup when it crosses this rpm band. At times, there is no turbo feel within this band. If it's a turbo fail, it should happen always. Am confused on why it happens on and off.

Since Vento got 250Nm torque, there is this huge acceleration when compared to Swift which is 190Nm torque. I experienced this while going for long drives. After driving for around 40-50 kms, turbo fails to kick in and the next day it seems fine.

I drove Fiesta for 3 years, Swift for 2 years without any problem. Since I got used to diesels, I experience this turbo fail pretty easily.

Thought I would get some feedback from other Vento owners here. Anyways, my Vento has clocked 13000k + and will be in for service in a month or so.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 00:04   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju

Hello there buddy, a friend of mine experienced this problem for 2 days on a 10 day old polo tdi, he took it to service and obviously they didn't find any error logs on the computer, but luckily the test driver agreed that the car is not as fast. Then they checked the fuel and gave some report that kerosene has been added. They removed the balance diesel and he filled up from new bunk. But they also did software updates. I m not sure what resolved the problem, maybe both, I suggest you go quickly to service and get it checked, insist on doing all software upgrades. I ve noticed service guys are secretive about not telling software version codes etc., not sure why?
Frontosa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 01:17   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, Anyone faced problems with the key remote? Am not completely satisfied with it. I need to really press hard to open the boot. Also, only if I point it towards the car it will open. As a matter of pressing it hard, there are nail marks (small dent) on the buttons. I find my Swift OEM remote to work well when compared to this.

Anyone faced such problems?
We have to press the button down for a few seconds but no need for me to press it down hard . As Noops said , you may check with the other key.
Quote:

If the turbo isnt working it should be same at all times right? The turbo never kicks in even at 1500-2500 rpm.

Help please!
Naveen , no issues faced with my car . As Frontosa said , spurious fuel would be the most likely cause . Dust and water can play spoilsport with the turbo. If the turbo had conked off , it would have not worked at all rather than being ineffective after sometime. As Bala mentioned , even dirty air filter maybe a cause though I think its more an issue of the fuel quality, you may need to check your oil filter too.
souravc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2011, 09:09   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi Naveen!

Since you have diesels of both Swift & Vento, how do you compare these two cars on the following parameters:

1. In cabin noise while on idle & while on highways.
2. Pulling power of both before the turbo kicks in & after.
3. Ease in driving in city & lightness of controls.
4. Top end performance.
5. AC cooling.

Do update us on turbo problem of your Vento.

Thanks
Here's my take on your questions. Please note that both cars belong to a different segment

1) Idle - Vento more noise and on highway I find Swift noisy specially when going over 100 kmph. I find the road noise to be loud since I run on low profile tires.
2) Vento's pulling power a lot evident than Swift's. But the Swift also performs really well.
3) Swift - A lot easier to drive around. The main problem with Vento is the high seating position, the small IRVM and the angle of the windshield slope is too steep.
4) Vento performs really well but Swift is not far behind. I generally dont push my Swift too much since the roads are really bad here and my tires are not apt for it.
5) Surprisingly, I find Swift's AC to work really well. Might be because the car is small.

Overall, both cars perform really well.
Swift - Easy to drive in city and brilliant power.
Vento - Comfortable, Obviously better equipped than Swift and top end performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
From your description, i think its just a case of dirty air filter, especially since you have done 13000 kms on the stock one. Next time you notice this behaviour, please check if the car is belching out white smoke. If it is just the lack of turbo feel and the acceleration is quite OK, you can safely conclude it is due to the clogged air filter.

Also, since ambient temperature in morning is quite less, the turbo kick will be more pronounced since the intercooler gets much cooler atmospheric air, this may explain why you are feeling the turbo spooling sometimes.

Please keep us posted.
Thanks Bala. I havent actually noticed any white smoke from the car. Anyways, will check on this and keep the post updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Hello there buddy, a friend of mine experienced this problem for 2 days on a 10 day old polo tdi, he took it to service and obviously they didn't find any error logs on the computer, but luckily the test driver agreed that the car is not as fast. Then they checked the fuel and gave some report that kerosene has been added. They removed the balance diesel and he filled up from new bunk. But they also did software updates. I m not sure what resolved the problem, maybe both, I suggest you go quickly to service and get it checked, insist on doing all software upgrades. I ve noticed service guys are secretive about not telling software version codes etc., not sure why?
I doubt this since I fill the Vento and Swift from the same filling station. Anyways, will check on this and keep the thread updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
We have to press the button down for a few seconds but no need for me to press it down hard . As Noops said , you may check with the other key.
I tried pressing them gently for few seconds but the problem still remains. Will check the other key.
Old 14th October 2011, 09:59   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Completed 15kms and did the 1st service yesterday. A very good experience. Got the car on time and they rectified all issues that I had mentioned. Here are some of the problems that I had stated.

1) Turbo lag experienced at times - Rectified (Cleaned the filters)
2) Small rattles - Checked and now absolutely silent
3) Accelerator pedal felt hard - Now smooth
4) Horn felt 'not so OEM type' - Now excellent

I have attached the bill. A bit more than what I had expected but satisfied with the end result. Wheel balancing/alignment also done for free. I insisted the car to be retouched (waxed) again a bit when I went there. 3M detailer came and retouched it.

Interior cleaning comes to 3k so opted out.
Tested the car on the highway and to be precise - the car rocketed ahead. As many had mentioned the car felt new after the service. I have never experienced this in my Swift to be frank.

Excellent work by the service guys. Completely satisfied with the car.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-bill.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2011, 10:18   #163
Senior - BHPian

Hi Naveen, thanks a lot for sharing the 15K service invoice. I have a couple of questions, hope you don't mind answering these.

1. I believe the item#1 is for engine oil, what grade oil is this?
2. What is the item#2 for? I mean where this 1 litre oil has gone? The rate for this seems the same as for item#1. Is the oil sump/crank case capacity 4 litres or 5 litres.
3. Is item#3 the oil filter?
4. Item#6, Screw, is this some special screw, because @ 74.40 it seems a bit expensive?
5. The Service Labour charges @ 2908.00, are these the normal charges for an oil change service? What are the oil change service labour charges for your Swift?
Old 14th October 2011, 10:20   #164
BHPian

Naveen thanks for the service update. Looks like VW is doing a decent job on services.

A Rs.74 screw. What screw is that?
I see you bought the windshield cleaner concentrate. What brand do they use? Is it the one with the nice fragrance?
Old 14th October 2011, 10:45   #165
Senior - BHPian

The item no 6, the screw is most likely the one used on the drain plug (oil pan) of the engine. Audi also changes that on every service. So I am guessing VW would be following the same process.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 14th October 2011 at 10:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks