Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2010, 03:52   #31
BHPian

Re: The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story

Hey Naveen - thanks for this thread. Needless to say, the car looks absolutely stunning. Of course I might be biased, since we are also getting out Vento Highline Tdi delivered on Monday next week!

I really liked the way you put down the likes and dislikes for the car. W.r.t the seats, I too thought they could have done with slightly more under-thigh support and cushioning. Still they are reasonably good. I was especially happy with the back seat, where the incline and spacing is just perfect. I'm 6'3" and I've compared both ANHC and Vento at the back, and felt that the Vento allowed me to be more comfortable with (slightly) better leg room.

Also, contrary to other posters, we loved the arm rest at the front. I mean, I drive with the right hand on the steering and the left on the gear knob. So the handset is a god send.

I'm sure you'll take the usual precautions suggested here with VW cars i.e oil check/ top up before the first service - and idling the car (for a little bit) before switching the engine off.

Once again, congrats on the car - wishing you years of trouble free ownership. Please update this thread periodically with your driving experience.
Old 10th December 2010, 11:09   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
And finally .You got it .Congrats for your new ride.Any plans for spicing up like your swift ??
Drive safe
Sreehari
Thanks a lot.! I dont think I shall spice up Vento. Might try a bodykit like Polo but not anytime soon since am investing on my Swift as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Congrats for the new vehicle. It is clearly the best diesel sedan under 10l available in the country today.

Can you get an info for me. If I go for the vehicle, I would like to install a couple of mods other than leather seats. Like Projector/Xenon headlamps to cover for the slightly bland looks. Just like http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ide-visor.html. Can you check if this will void the warranty?? It may not sound very serious, but it could be one of the swaying factors in my car buying decision.
Thanks a lot.! it wont void the warranty unless you keep the existing wiring intact. I have installed projectors in my Swift when it was relatively new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonian View Post
Hearty Congratulations on your VW (Vento - White). Hope our next meet will more bouncy with new member. Have great ride.
Thanks a lot.! Sure, this will be there during the next meet.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Hey Naveen

Heartiest Congrats! White looks stunning on the Vento.

Finally your agonizing wait is over. But, once you take the wheel in your hand, all that agony disappears in a flash.

Just wanted to know about the performance of the stock music system. Since yours is a Highline, could you please mention the quality of output from the stock music system? Do you recommend an upgrade?

Secondly, is the hump in the rear really a problem for the 5th passenger in the middle?

Congrats again. Wishing you many happy KMs with this beauty.
Thanks a lot.! The music system is average. Cant say it to be a great performer. Definite upgrade required if you are looking for that 'Thump' or 'boom'
Yes, the rear hump is a pain specially if the middle passenger is tall. When compared to our Fiesta, this is really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindgrinder View Post
congrats Naveen. Why do not go for Garware film, the company guys do a direct install..i got it from my linea, u have lot of color options. Do post long drive review.
Thanks a lot.! After going through the thread in TBHP, I found that 3M film was mostly preferred. Also, I got the whole installation for 2000/- I shall be posting the pics of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uday.ere View Post
Congrats Naveen, fantastic looking car and the wait seems to have been worthwhile...I wish they had made up for the delays by giving some more freebies, especially since you know the GM.

Drive Safe and look forward to hearing more on your experience with your new ride.

Cheers
Uday
Thanks a lot.! No freebies even though we know him. A box of chocolates . That was it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Hey First of all congratulations. It has been an agonizing wait even for even other TBHPians .

Hey what do you mean by that point number 11. Can you elaborate on it? How can you open the door without actually unlocking it? If that is true then is it a stupid mistake on VW's part or does it serve any purpose?
Thanks a lot.! Yes, even if the doors are locked, the passenger can still open the door like we normally do. This is really bad when there are child passengers sitting alone in the rear seat. So 'child lock' a must here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Long drives there (highways) would be slow drives I guess . Why not take her to some curves and hair pins this weekend?. Probably the best itself - Thekkady-Munnar stretch

On the car, so do you mean to say that it locks automatically when you turn the ignition on?. I tried this in the TD car and it didn't work. May be its loaded well now.

In Vento, does it open in 1 pull or 2?
Thanks a lot.! This weekend will be purely a straight highway stretch. Hairpin ride will be in the coming weeks.
It doent lock at that very instant. Guess after a few min. They might have rectified this now or maybe for my car
It opens in 1 pull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
New member to our family. Congrats bro.

Have you sorted off the seat cover issue?

Happy miles.
Thanks a lot.! Checked out Stanley. Will wait for few weeks before installing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjimmy View Post
Hey Naveen - thanks for this thread. Needless to say, the car looks absolutely stunning. Of course I might be biased, since we are also getting out Vento Highline Tdi delivered on Monday next week!

I really liked the way you put down the likes and dislikes for the car. W.r.t the seats, I too thought they could have done with slightly more under-thigh support and cushioning. Still they are reasonably good. I was especially happy with the back seat, where the incline and spacing is just perfect. I'm 6'3" and I've compared both ANHC and Vento at the back, and felt that the Vento allowed me to be more comfortable with (slightly) better leg room.

Also, contrary to other posters, we loved the arm rest at the front. I mean, I drive with the right hand on the steering and the left on the gear knob. So the handset is a god send.

I'm sure you'll take the usual precautions suggested here with VW cars i.e oil check/ top up before the first service - and idling the car (for a little bit) before switching the engine off.

Once again, congrats on the car - wishing you years of trouble free ownership. Please update this thread periodically with your driving experience.
Thanks a lot.! sure, will keep the thread active.
Yes, rear seats are really good. The incline and the leg space is just perfect.
Yes, general checkup will be carried at regular intervals. Also, plan to do wheel alignment every 5000 clicks since that's really necessary when considering the road conditions of Kerala.
Old 10th December 2010, 12:02   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

New accessories

Full Vinyl floor padding - 1200/-
3m Sun Film - 2000/-
Reg Plates - 850/-

More better pics coming soon.
Attached Thumbnails
The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2598.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2599.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2600.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2602.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2603.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2604.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2605.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2607.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2608.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2609.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2610.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2611.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2612.jpg  

The 'Much Awaited' Vento Tdi Highline - The story-img_2613.jpg  

Old 10th December 2010, 12:24   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
New accessories

Full Vinyl floor padding - 1200/-
The padding is too good.. could have been black though. Won't the mats slip cos of the padding?
Old 10th December 2010, 13:27   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
The padding is too good.. could have been black though. Won't the mats slip cos of the padding?
beige looks good, matches with the Beige interiors of the car and gives a premium feel as well

Yeah wont the transparent mats slip because of the flooring ?
Old 10th December 2010, 13:36   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
Thanks a lot. Wanted to match with the beige interiors so went with this.
Not much. The transparent floor mats are pretty good than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
beige looks good, matches with the Beige interiors of the car and gives a premium feel as well

Thanks.. The transparent floor mats are pretty good than expected. Might switch over to another kind of mats later. Waiting to see how this will perform. But as of now, everything is just good.
Old 10th December 2010, 13:46   #37
BHPian

Naveen, from where did you get the 3M sunfilm and the reg. plates? Which shade are they?

Did you find the shop that sells Stanley seats? Or are you getting it done from the dealer's place?

Thanks,
Jose.
Old 10th December 2010, 14:55   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
i do have the transparent mats in my car, its very good. The best part is that one can clean it up very easily. Hazzle free handling. Try it.

I had to wait for a week to get it, since it was supposed to be ordered and got. Maybe this kind of mats are readily available for all makes these days.

NAVEEN.

Congrats for you new car. I see that Vento and Polo in white shade is a BIG HIT.

The car simply looks smashing in her whites for sure.

I love the tilt in the dashboard. Gives a great feel.Its as if the car wants to talk only to you.

Also a word on the mats. I feel too many layer of mats in the car, especially in the driver's place may cause trouble. I see that many layers may reduce the travel of the control pedals. Just check this out.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 10th December 2010 at 15:05.
Old 10th December 2010, 15:49   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Naveen, from where did you get the 3M sunfilm and the reg. plates? Which shade are they?

Did you find the shop that sells Stanley seats? Or are you getting it done from the dealer's place?

Thanks,
Jose.
I got it Vytilla, the shop owned by dad's friend. They come in the mid black range. No idea about the specs since my dad took it.
Yes, found the Stanley Dealer. Waiting for few weeks before going in for the leathers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
i do have the transparent mats in my car, its very good. The best part is that one can clean it up very easily. Hazzle free handling. Try it.

I had to wait for a week to get it, since it was supposed to be ordered and got. Maybe this kind of mats are readily available for all makes these days.

NAVEEN.

Congrats for you new car. I see that Vento and Polo in white shade is a BIG HIT.

The car simply looks smashing in her whites for sure.

I love the tilt in the dashboard. Gives a great feel.Its as if the car wants to talk only to you.

Also a word on the mats. I feel too many layer of mats in the car, especially in the driver's place may cause trouble. I see that many layers may reduce the travel of the control pedals. Just check this out.
Thanks a lot. Yes, this serves the purpose. Guess I wont be adding any more mats in the driver side as I had faced this problem in my Swift.
Old 20th December 2010, 10:39   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

1000km report:

Managed to clock 1000kms in 10 days. Here's the report.

Take the car to the highway twice for a short drive for about 4 hours up and down.

1) This involved 25% city conditions and 75% highway.
2) 100% AC
3) 10% of the travel was filled with potholes.

Here are my observations:

1) Managed to squeeze 19 kmpl during the 1st trip and 18.6 kmpl for the second.
2) Car carried 3 adults(including me) and 1 child. Boot heavily loaded.
3) I revved the car a bit during the second trip since I wanted to see it actual performance. I wasnt disappointed. The acceleration was tremendous. You dont really need the 1st and 2nd gear (expect for start-stop traffic). The pull from the 3rd gear is amazing. Even the 5th gear managed to do the same. One ANHC tried hard to catch up but left biting the dust. Even managed to leave a brand new Scorpio mHawk behind but decided to stay cool as the Scorpio begin to try hard tricks ;-)
4) GC isnt that great. The suspension housing is too low and will occasionally scratch the bottom.
5) Suspension is too soft so expect a bumpy ride on uneven surface. But overall travel was smooth.
6) The position of the reverse gear can test your nerves in city conditions.
7) All 4 windows with auto up-down function a real relief in Kerala (with highways covered with toll booths)
8) The chrome strip on the boot lacks quality. It's stuck using double sided tape. Both the ends have started to peel off now.
9) The windshield washer kinda shoots water like a mist (good thing - water evenly spread with great force cleaning the whole windshield, Bad thing - Temp blinding)
10) Tires a big disappointment. With these OEM tires, speeds above 100 km/hr not recommended at all.! Car managed to slide few times.
11) AC cools really well. Temp kept between 22 and 23, with blower speed kept at level 2.
12) MID provides lot many infos.
13) Speed limit warning - Useful touch. I set the limit to 100 kmph and every time i crossed, a warning sound will be heard. Something really nice.
14) Gear recommendation - Works really well.
15) Front door bottle holder - Hard acceleration will send the bottles flying out from the doors Happened to me atleast 10-15 times. This shows the tremendous acceleration of this beast.
16) Silent cabin. The cabin well damped from the engine noise.
17) Audio quality - Average, but good volume level.
18) Tested the cabin occupant sensor. Locked myself in (backseat) and asked my dad to lock the car. Just moved my hand (as if to make a call). The sensor did the trick and the alarm was on with headlights flashing, and the horn sounding at regular intervals. A button inside the cabin next to the driver seat can be used to stop the alarm.
19) Multi purpose key - One touch window open/close in the key useful in the scorching sun. Windows can be rolled down a few min before even coming to the car. Helped a lot yesterday during my drive. Kept the cabin free from the heat.

Overall, completely satisfied with the car and hope to continue the trouble free run.

Cheers.!
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2010, 11:08   #41
BHPian

Hey Naveen, Belated congratulations on the car
Very interesting review to say the least, the wipers and the cabin occupant sensor being the most unique part of the review by far
and 19.1kmpl even for highway standards for a 1.6(right?) is fantastic to say the least!
Hope you enjoy the beast to its fullest and wishing you many happy miles ahead
like others have asked, can we expect to see projector's with hid's on her too ala your swift?
Old 20th December 2010, 11:20   #42
BHPian

congrats and enjoy the curves on the road better
Old 20th December 2010, 11:38   #43
BHPian

Neat write up !

Overall, I see the money was well spent ! The glow inside the front-area cabin due to the display looks devilish !

Only wish you had got the black as you were promised by the dealers ! Then you would have the "dark" knight and the "white" knight !

Please do change the OEM tyres ASAP and some nice 16'' alloys.

Bling Bling Baby !!

Cheers.
Old 20th December 2010, 13:35   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav.carfreak View Post
Hey Naveen, Belated congratulations on the car
Very interesting review to say the least, the wipers and the cabin occupant sensor being the most unique part of the review by far
and 19.1kmpl even for highway standards for a 1.6(right?) is fantastic to say the least!
Hope you enjoy the beast to its fullest and wishing you many happy miles ahead
like others have asked, can we expect to see projector's with hid's on her too ala your swift?
Thanks a lot..! Yep, some features that I thought would be useful to mention. Yes, it's a 1.6 beast.
Nah, no mods expected soon. Investing some cash for my swift

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
congrats and enjoy the curves on the road better
Thanks a lot buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Neat write up !

Overall, I see the money was well spent ! The glow inside the front-area cabin due to the display looks devilish !

Only wish you had got the black as you were promised by the dealers ! Then you would have the "dark" knight and the "white" knight !

Please do change the OEM tyres ASAP and some nice 16'' alloys.

Bling Bling Baby !!

Cheers.
Hey. thanks a lot dude.!
Yep, it's got that look.
We had to settle for white since black would be way tooooooo long. Didnt have the patience to wait either.

Tyre change will be when this is worn out. Maybe, a wider tyre next time. Upgrading the size wont be possible since my dad dont like that idea
Old 20th December 2010, 14:01   #45
BHPian

Thanks for the update Naveen. Glad you're enjoying your car! We've also got our white Tdi last week. The only difference (from your car) is that the stock tyres are JK Vectra's, unfortunately.

Anyway, the car definitely is a beast. It begs to be revved on the highways and the tractable engine is just delightful! Interestingly, during the TD phase, we had driven several cars and finally narrowed down to the ANHC and the Vento. My observation was, that for REAL world driving conditions, Vento Tdi seemed more agile and responsive than the ANHC ( despite the slightly slower 0-100 timing). I'm glad that the car does not disappoint. Just love the surge while overtaking on the highways.

Two quick questions for you: 1) what is the air pressure that you've maintained so far 2) Where did you get the Vinyl padding done? Does the VW dealer do this? ( Are you planning for any upgrades to the music system/HU etc?)

Thanks again for your observations. Keep revving her and put on the miles. VW Tdi engines last forever, if maintained properly

Last edited by imjimmy : 20th December 2010 at 14:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks